Mental Health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mental Health

Not sure if this is the best place to post this or not. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a good psychologist/therapist in the SLC area. I've talked with a couple in the past but never had a great experience. But I do think I need to get some help to deal with some depression/anxiety/sexuality issues I've been struggling with for a while, and I don't really know where else to go. Feel free to send me a direct message if you don't want to reply to the whole board.

No suggestions-- just best wishes. Take care of yourself, brother.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
      No suggestions-- just best wishes. Take care of yourself, brother.
      I would like to echo AA.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I join the others in wishing you the best, UVAC. I don't know anyone specific to send you to, but were I in your shoes (and location), I'd probably start by trying to contact a retired BYU psychology professor, Allen Bergin. He's a convert to the Church, but got his PhD in clinical psychology from Stanford and served for several years in the Columbia Clinical Psychology Department. Truly brilliant man, with a deep and pragmatic faith. I'm sure he's no longer practicing (he's in his 80's), but he'd likely have a recommendation of where to look.

Comment

http://www.johndehlin.com/

On a serious note, I don't know anyone in the SLC area. Frank ryan might be the best person for this question. You may want to PM him and see if he can help with a referral or what not.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Karen Malm or someone in her group would be great.

http://www.summitcom.org

Comment

The person I would recommend just asked me to be a referral for her to change jobs - so that probably isn't the best fit.

But I can ask around and if there are some other suggestions out there.

Comment

frank ryan works in this industry, no? I wonder if he would have a recommendation.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I have no idea, but I wonder if Natasha Helfer Parker may be a good fit. She's in Kansas, I believe, but does therapy over the internet and my understanding is that she is very attuned to LDS and sexuality issues. If you google her name, I'm sure you can find her contact info.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Thanks everyone for your advice and well wishes (except Moliere &#128521

Comment

Operation Reach Out is a free application which is perfect for anxiety and depression. I would like to recommend this app that helps you to deal with depression and other psychological problems.

Comment

Originally posted by AppExperts View Post
                        Operation Reach Out is a free application which is perfect for anxiety and depression. I would like to recommend this app that helps you to deal with depression and other psychological problems.
                        Even bots can have anxiety and depression.

Comment

Originally posted by AppExperts View Post
                          What makes you think that participants on a BYU sports-themed message board would need such an app?
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            What makes you think that participants on a BYU sports-themed message board would need such an app?

Comment

Working...
                            X