Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boise ID or Highland UT - Where would you rather live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Boise but given the choice I'd go Highland every time.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
      Bishop, CA!
      Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      Born and raised in Boise and we still like it here.

Are there any types of outdoor activities you enjoy? Southeast Boise gets you close to the river and Greenbelt for fishing, biking, walking, birdwatching, etc. Also gets you close to the foothills for hiking, mountain biking, etc. Close to Lucky Peak for boating, sailing, etc.

Southwest Boise/Southeast Meridian is a nice central location in the valley. You can get anywhere from East Boise to Eagle to Nampa relatively quickly. Not as easy to access the river or foothills as Southeast Boise. Also tends to be more affordable than Southeast Boise.

Either Boise location will get you all four seasons, and, being at a lower elevation, it tends toward milder winters than SLC.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      https://www.outsideonline.com/219363...rm=READ%20MORE

From an independent source, Outside Magazine, says you can't go wrong with either Bishop or Boise. I'm not seeing any places in Utah on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post

From an independent source, Outside Magazine, says you can't go wrong with either Bishop or Boise. I'm not seeing any places in Utah on the list.
        I note that Dayton, Ohio is on that list, in case anyone cares. But how can it be that Dayton's average home price and median household income are $67K and $28K, respectively? Was the sampling done in 1958?

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post

Dayton, Ohio: Best Rebirth of the American Dream

• Population: 141,000
          • Median home value: $67,000
          • Median household income: $28,000
          :yikes:

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
            :yikes:
            that is incredible
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by Soccermom View Post
              I would choose Utah over Idaho every time.
              FU. We're done.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I'm confused on why the choices are only Highland or Boise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  I note that Dayton, Ohio is on that list, in case anyone cares. But how can it be that Dayton's average home price and median household income are $67K and $28K, respectively? Was the sampling done in 1958?
                  Here is a sample of some of Dayton's finest real estate options:
                  blighted-homes-ed041f76c1aa112a.jpg
                  TourStop2.jpg
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    I'm confused on why the choices are only Highland or Boise.
                    And a couple of places in California that I don't need opinions on. We had a list of six cities, then narrowed it down a bit.

I haven't listed the criterea we're using to make it onto the initial list, but Boise is the only place in Idaho that made our list and Highland is the only place in Utah that stayed on the list. That's why I'm trying to gather more opinions of the two places.

Comment

In case anybody cares...

We've resolved where we want to end up and have chosen a new home in southeast Meridian, just a little west of the Boise border. Highland lost out because the last time we were there (in August) we realized that one of the big reasons that we want to leave California is all of the traffic, and Highland has nearly as much traffic as we're seeing here. Even the worst Boise area traffic, on Eagle road north of the freeway is not as bad as what we saw near Highland, and Ada County has lots of alternate routes - one every mile.

Our realtor had this hanging up in her office: zYSKMqF.jpg

Comment

Eagle road has better traffic than Highland? Probably should have moved to Star.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                          In case anybody cares...

We've resolved where we want to end up and have chosen a new home in southeast Meridian, just a little west of the Boise border. Highland lost out because the last time we were there (in August) we realized that one of the big reasons that we want to leave California is all of the traffic, and Highland has nearly as much traffic as we're seeing here. Even the worst Boise area traffic, on Eagle road north of the freeway is not as bad as what we saw near Highland, and Ada County has lots of alternate routes - one every mile.

Our realtor had this hanging up in her office: [ATTACH=CONFIG]8467[/ATTACH]
                          Do locals really pronounce it Boi-See?
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Do locals really pronounce it Boi-See?
                            Yes. And if you say it with a zee you are immediately corrected. I think I'm going to start saying it the French way and correct everybody else who says the accepted anglo-cized version.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

A better way to tell "foreigners" is to have them pronounce Kuna. It's Kyoona, not Koona.

Comment

Most of the idiots that live in Los Gatos, California pronounce it "loss gatus" instead of the proper Spanish pronunciation.

Comment

Working...
                                X