Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boise ID or Highland UT - Where would you rather live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Glad you like living in Idaho. Not sure why you needed to take a swipe at Utah, but glad you're happy in Utah, Jr.
    Yeah, that was odd. Probably just shows he is getting acclimated to the Boise culture.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Not sure why you needed to take a swipe at Utah
      Sorry, didn't intend it that way. I just meant that it was better for us, not necessarily that way for anybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Yeah, that was odd. Probably just shows he is getting acclimated to the Boise culture.
        Definitely not a fan of foreigners, apparently. He's gonna fit in just fine!
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Just got back from a couple of days in the Salt Lake Valley - my grandson just graduated from the University of Utah.

We drove around the downtown area, around the U of U, Holladay and South Jordan. It felt like heavy traffic everywhere we went. A wreck on I-15 in the middle of the day had traffic backed up for miles anywhere near the problem area. It felt good to get back to the much lighter traffic in the Boise area.

We felt that this was confirmation that we made the right choice of where to live.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
            Just got back from a couple of days in the Salt Lake Valley - my grandson just graduated from the University of Utah.

We drove around the downtown area, around the U of U, Holladay and South Jordan. It felt like heavy traffic everywhere we went. A wreck on I-15 in the middle of the day had traffic backed up for miles anywhere near the problem area. It felt good to get back to the much lighter traffic in the Boise area.

We felt that this was confirmation that we made the right choice of where to live.
            fargo nd probably doesn’t have a lot of traffic
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
              fargo nd probably doesn’t have a lot of traffic
              I'm sure. And it probably has nothing else that I want to live near either.

Comment

I'm sure. And it probably has nothing else that I want to live near either.
                i think we agree there.
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Ha ha Salt Lake has no traffic problems.

In Houston my 20 minute commute (at 5 AM) went to 80 minutes at rush hour on the way home pretty much every day.

In SLC that hasn’t ever happened to me.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                    Ha ha Salt Lake has no traffic problems.

In Houston my 20 minute commute (at 5 AM) went to 80 minutes at rush hour on the way home pretty much every day.

In SLC that hasn’t ever happened to me.
                    Lol. SLC has traffic issues at rush hour. Don't be silly.

Overall, SLC traffic isn't nearly as bad as much bigger us metros, but they definitely have rush hour traffic

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                      Lol. SLC has traffic issues at rush hour. Don't be silly.

Overall, SLC traffic isn't nearly as bad as much bigger us metros, but they definitely have rush hour traffic
                      True, I don’t have to get on the freeways much like I did in Houston but unless there is snow or an accident SLC traffic is something only people from podunkville complain about.

Comment

My commute goes from 35 minutes at 5 AM to 50 minutes at 4 PM, and that includes all the construction through Lehi.

Comment

The number one reason that I moved out of California was that the Bay Area had traffic congestion all day long. There was no longer a rush hour, it was heavy from about 6:00 a.m. until around 8:00 p.m. Go ahead and be proud of all the traffic you have wherever you live, but that is something that I wanted to get away from. When I was originally considering either Highland or Boise, it was the heavy traffic that finally helped me make the decision. And the recent visit to the Salt Lake Valley reinforced the correctness of that decision.

Comment

The number one reason that I moved out of California was that the Bay Area had traffic congestion all day long. There was no longer a rush hour, it was heavy from about 6:00 a.m. until around 8:00 p.m. Go ahead and be proud of all the traffic you have wherever you live, but that is something that I wanted to get away from. When I was originally considering either Highland or Boise, it was the heavy traffic that finally helped me make the decision. And the recent visit to the Salt Lake Valley reinforced the correctness of that decision.
                            If I were choosing between Boise and Salt Lake Valley, weather would be a major factor, and probably tip the scale in Salt Lake's favor, proximity to UofU notwithstanding.

Comment

I went from an hour and 15 minute commute each way in Mass to a 20 minute (in ‘rush hour’) now. Highland or Boise? No thanks.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

It is getting worse each year. I live almost literally on the Alameda County/San Joaquin County border. People in my town commute to San Jose and San Francisco and other cities in that general area and if they don't leave home by 4 am, they are in bumper to bumper traffic and have a two hour drive to work. Our commute is reported as being one of the worst in the nation. Can't remember if we are one or two. My husband works from home, so the traffic issue doesn't impact him, but most of our friends deal with a 3-4 hour commute each day. Crazy. And people keep moving further into the Central Valley with commutes to the Bay Area. I deal with it because my daughter participates in an activity that requires us to drive in traffic to get the best training. It is draining. I would choose Salt Lake over Boise though. I know several people who are trying to get out of CA and head to Boise. I think the traffic is coming your way soon. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X