Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boise ID or Highland UT - Where would you rather live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
    The number one reason that I moved out of California was that the Bay Area had traffic congestion all day long. There was no longer a rush hour, it was heavy from about 6:00 a.m. until around 8:00 p.m. Go ahead and be proud of all the traffic you have wherever you live, but that is something that I wanted to get away from. When I was originally considering either Highland or Boise, it was the heavy traffic that finally helped me make the decision. And the recent visit to the Salt Lake Valley reinforced the correctness of that decision.

There was an article about a guy that spends 8 hours each day commuting from Auburn to San Francisco I read last month in National Geographic: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/m...san-francisco/ Crazy.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      There was an article about a guy that spends 8 hours each day commuting from Auburn to San Francisco I read last month in National Geographic: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/m...san-francisco/ Crazy.
      I've had 4-5 hour commute days. That's due to accidents. But my daily commute is about 2.5 hours. And that's 36 miles door to door. That graph with the Washington DC average commute is bullshit.

I worked on a project in Philly years ago. The local guys we hired as subs were so happy to win our business because they generally worked in NYC and would commute from Philly suburbs to NYC daily.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

It is also stupid in that if he is living in Auburn, that is by choice. Auburn is a suburb of Sacramento and is a bedroom community for that area, but also would not be a bad place to live. The guy could cut his commute in half if he chose to do so by living closer to san francisco and pay the same for a house. He is choosing to live where he does because he likes the area, not because that is all he can afford.

On the subject of commuting. I live 15 miles from my work, it takes me 13 minutes to commute. Not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
          It is also stupid in that if he is living in Auburn, that is by choice. Auburn is a suburb of Sacramento and is a bedroom community for that area, but also would not be a bad place to live. The guy could cut his commute in half if he chose to do so by living closer to san francisco and pay the same for a house. He is choosing to live where he does because he likes the area, not because that is all he can afford.

On the subject of commuting. I live 15 miles from my work, it takes me 13 minutes to commute. Not too bad.
          Yes, no reason to live in Auburn if you work in SF unless you really like Auburn.

My commute took me 22 minutes today. Including stop lights, etc. On my bike.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
            Yes, no reason to live in Auburn if you work in SF unless you really like Auburn.

My commute took me 22 minutes today. Including stop lights, etc. On my bike.
            I commend you for being an active participant in bike to work month.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
              I commend you for being an active participant in bike to work month.
              Good point. I forgot all about that. Tomorrow is the day they are giving away swag here in the bay area so I will be rewarded with coupons and doodads!
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I live about 7 miles from my work and it takes me about 10 - 12 minutes

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Working...
                X