Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boise ID or Highland UT - Where would you rather live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    Most of the idiots that live in Los Gatos, California pronounce it "loss gatus" instead of the proper Spanish pronunciation.
    Not to mention most of the idiots that live in

Los Angeles,
    San Francisco
    San Diego
    San Luis Obispo
    Fresno
    Madera
    Modesto
    San Bruno
    San Bernardino
    Manteca
    Santa Ana
    San Clemente
    Camarillo
    Santa Monica
    Malibu
    Santa Barbara...

You get my point.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post

Los Angeles,
      San Francisco
      San Diego
      San Luis Obispo
      Fresno
      Madera
      Modesto
      San Bruno
      San Bernardino
      Manteca
      Santa Ana
      San Clemente
      Camarillo
      Santa Monica
      Malibu
      Santa Barbara...

You get my point.
      Maybe we should move this to the What's Wrong with California? thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
        Maybe we should move this to the What's Wrong with California? thread.
        RIght after we discuss the pronunciation of "Tooele."
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Los Angeles,
          San Francisco
          San Diego
          San Luis Obispo
          Fresno
          Madera
          Modesto
          San Bruno
          San Bernardino
          Manteca
          Santa Ana
          San Clemente
          Camarillo
          Santa Monica
          Malibu
          Santa Barbara...

You get my point.
          How do you pronounce Nevada?
          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
            How do you pronounce Nevada?
            "hoh-m"
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Bend would be my place if I was going to up and move.

Or Heber.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                Bend would be my place if I was going to up and move.

Or Heber.
                Neither of which is Boise ID or Highland UT. Keep on topic!
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                  A better way to tell "foreigners" is to have them pronounce Kuna. It's Kyoona, not Koona.
                  Strange pronunciation to palatize the "u". Where did that odd pronunciation originate?
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                    Neither of which is Boise ID or Highland UT. Keep on topic!
                    Back on topic... I'd go to Boise. Boise has a ton of very affordable golf courses.... I once heard the highest amount per population. Wife is from Boise... we go 2-3 times a year... and we love going up to McCall in the summer.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                      Strange pronunciation to palatize the "u". Where did that odd pronunciation originate?
                      From the word "cyoopon".

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        or Hurricane UT
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

From the word "cyoopon".
                          That's from a bastardization of the French word is my guess.
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            And we can invite Uncle Ted to tell us about Amarillo.

Comment

We've been officially living in our new home in Meridian for almost a week now. Today I got my Idaho drivers license and registered two cars and a motorcycle. I didn't have any appointments and never had to wait more than ten minutes for any of them. The people at the DMV offices were friendly and all spoke native English. Any DMV office in the San Francisco Bay Area would have had half an hour or longer wait each time with a chance of getting someone who barely speaks English. The one that did my motorcycle license plate even dug down in the pile of plates a ways to get me one with the number 65 on it to go with my 650 motorcycle.

We keep finding more and more things that we like about living here in Idaho. This has to be better than Utah would have been.

Now I just need to go through about 200 boxes to get everything in the right place and buy a bunch of new furniture - we gave nearly all of it way before moving - and we'll be all set.

Comment

Glad you like living in Idaho. Not sure why you needed to take a swipe at Utah, but glad you're happy in Utah, Jr.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X