Hs football season coming up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    Good for you guys to keep it together. We lost some players to injury and lot more of heart and had one of the most disappointing seasons a fan can suffer through. Much like Wally I still have BYU Ladie's volleyball.....MARY LAKE IS MY PRESIDENT!
    There is something about Mary Lake.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      fun little women's volleyball story

Took my 9 year old daughter, who is loving vball, to the first ever game I've been to this past Saturday. was walking up to the ticket booth and some heathen (dude with a beard) handed me 4 assigned seating tickets. I asked how much, he said they were free. I said thanks, bought a general admission ticket - because there were five of us - and we were on our way.

Walk in to the Fieldhouse, ask the usher where the seats are, he says they are the best seats in the house - mid court, padded seats - and tells us where to sit. we go sit down and the lady next to me says "you must have received the free tickets". I chuckled and said "how did you know"? she tells me she owns the seats and it was her husband who gave them to me. I told her to tell him thanks when she sees him, these are great seats.

anyway, she says she has a daughter on the team. we talked a bit and I was asking about her daughter and she says that her daughter is #12, Roni Jones-Perry and she "does okay". I asked if her daughter starts and she says in a proud and confident tone "oh yeah".

ffwd a bit, the mom left for a bit and when she came back, her seat was taken and she sat further down the row away from me. I checked the program and notice Roni played HS at Copper Hills HS. my good friend is the HC there. I shot him a text and asked if he coached Roni Jones, that I'm sitting with her family. He says, yes he coached her, and tell the family hi. He goes on to tell me she's on teamUSA and "is probably the best athlete that will ever come through Copper Hills High School".

so here we have this girl who is one of the best volleyball players in the country and I'm asking the mom if she starts. yeah, I know sports.

was a fun game and they swept the Zags.
      Wally - square this fng away. Those of us in the know and serious fans of BYU women's volleyball, the pre-eminent athletic program along the Wasatch Front, know her as Vee-Jay-Pee. She also did some impressive squatting during the VB Camp my oldest attended last summer and the other girls on the team reference her as "Ronnie is not scrawny!"
      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
      -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        There is something about Mary Lake.
        If you like the hustle and never quit attitude then Liberos are the best! Bronco would love Liberos. MeKenna Miller and VJP pound the ball into oblivion and get the highlights and glory, but I love watching the Libero fly all over the court saving stuff and controlling the game from the back row.

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

If you like the hustle and never quit attitude then Liberos are the best! Bronco would love Liberos. MeKenna Miller and VJP pound the ball into oblivion and get the highlights and glory, but I love watching the Libero fly all over the court saving stuff and controlling the game from the back row.
          Yeah, she is my favorite player. She is amazing.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

mary lake was very good on Saturday. and cute as a button!
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              mary lake was very good on Saturday. and cute as a button!
              I am pretty sure that is a macroeggression.

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Hs us going to town named after early 19th century explorers to state. Lost in five sets to eat Blaine county but came back in losers bracket no won in three. Those that follow volleyball. An upstart Christian Schol in twin vball powerhouse may take it. Have athletes all over Jerome and Twin Falls County. Melba Idaho a farming community south of Boise has resident at a Christian School in Nampa. Treasure Valley has several competitive Christian and charter schools. At least next year that Chicken Shit school in Post Falls can,t play there international people. A private community school in Sun Valley played someone from Senegal had to not ply regular season. That is what will happen to them next year. Not too happy about it. Lots of hillarying in cda press about it.

But we shut down the Christian school, had a few fumbles, and they had player catch. But they never got to no sone. We got safety on them, kicked it out of bounds. Made them recycled and scored on kickoff. Scored another to before half and made both pats. One to next half. Got 2nd seed so will play Cowboys near Wyoming, Utah border next. Playoffs can be exciting.

Comment

Had play in game with purple Cowboys next to Wyming Utah border. Had big lee ad going into halftime. They caught up. Safety missed key chances to get interception and good player caught ball. Thy blocked a punt and scored on us too. We still won. Refs didn't know if they would get out of three. Had vocal fans. Assistant coach got kicked out toward end of game. We came out on top. Next up school that should be one division higher that ended our seasons last year. Revenge time. Lit by atomic power and close to Cratera that look like the ones you see on the moon.

Other sports two and out on volleyball. But Christian school in twin lost first game of season to Idaho Galls Christian School. They co oped with town that had anti lds senator for football. Playoff time intense.

Comment

Went to city first lit by atomic power and got manhandled. No answer. Told to take track and go to weight room. They wilt be in division next year. Not good way to end. But not many teams have that much success anyway.

Comment

Coach Vines season is over but our neighbors that Lou Dobbs and Uncle Ted were educated in, they are in the state championship. They are not known for there success weren,t until the last twenty years. Not since becoming a one county school anyway. Our school beat the small portion of that county on northeast corner for state chamoionship. Many of the players are in Heaven now on that team.

I listened to it while watching BYU play didn,t get home in time to head over there. Wouldn't,t mind going over there for championship. We have neighbors that are commuting 25 miles to school for sole purpose of being seen by recruiters. Hopefully the town near the residence of Mike Simpson will take them down. I am not being nice to my neighbors.

Comment

Working...
                      X