No announcement yet.

2017 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not many upsets so far -- Cal over UNC and Maryland over Texas are about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
      UVA halfway to its 2016 win total!
      Plus took a stand against Robert Lee!
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

USC looked amazing on their first drive against WMU. Since then? Not so hot. Tied at 14 at half.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
          USC looked amazing on their first drive against WMU. Since then? Not so hot. Tied at 14 at half.
          Too bad I don't get the PAC12 network in Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            Too bad I don't get the PAC12 network in Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            You do know I'm in Texas, right? I'm watching it on the PAC 12 network as I type.

Comment

Just finished watching the Boise State game. Their kick and punt return teams served them very well today, including a punt return for a TD.

Rypien got replaced mid-game with a mobile QB who transferred from Kansas. Whenever he came in, the Troy run defense, having to account for another rusher, seemed to soften, allowing for BSU's running backs to perform better.

There was a crazy play near the end zone. Troy threw to the sideline and the CB jumped the route, nearly intercepting it for what could easily have been a 90-yard pick-6. Instead, he tipped it up and fell down, allowing the Troy receiver to catch it and run toward the end zone where it looked like he would score a TD. But another BSU defender arrived and punched the ball out of his hands just before he crossed the goal line. After the review, they decided the ball went out through the end zone, so they awarded a touchback to Boise State. Wild play.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                Not many upsets so far -- Cal over UNC and Maryland over Texas are about it.
                Baylor just lost to Liberty.
                "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                  Baylor just lost to Liberty.

Baylor fans:

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

UCLA looks almost as bad as we do against an SEC team, of course they have made it past midfield and even scored.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                      UCLA looks almost as bad as we do against an SEC team, of course they have made it past midfield and even scored.
                      I'm thinking that 2017 is yet another year where UCLA doesnt make the jump.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        Well, with that, they are looking a lot better. Too little too late, it would seem.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          Hahaha I'm an idiot.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

Pretty sure a lot of UCLA fans turned this game off or left the stadium. Crazy.

Comment

not sure i've ever seen the rose bowl full (for a ucla game), fwiw
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                                not sure i've ever seen the rose bowl full (for a ucla game), fwiw
                                This is the closest I've seen the Rose Bowl to being full for a regular season UCLA game; still about 20K seats short of a sell out.

“Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                                "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Working...
                                X