No announcement yet.

2017 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's the air quality in Provo this week? This article talks about potential game postponements and/or venue changes in Oregon and Washington because of the poor air quality from all the smoke.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports...171442007.html

Here in Idaho, the school district cancelled all outdoor extracurricular activities yesterday and are likely to do the same today. Looking atthe 10-day forecast, there's no precipitation expected for a while.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      How's the air quality in Provo this week? This article talks about potential game postponements and/or venue changes in Oregon and Washington because of the poor air quality from all the smoke.

Here in Idaho, the school district cancelled all outdoor extracurricular activities yesterday and are likely to do the same today. Looking atthe 10-day forecast, there's no precipitation expected for a while.

This morning the air looked the worst it has looked all summer with an orange sun, but the air quality isn't that bad currently.

http://air.utah.gov/currentconditions.php?id=np

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
        This morning the air looked the worst it has looked all summer with an orange sun, but the air quality isn't that bad currently.

http://air.utah.gov/currentconditions.php?id=np
        IMG_5791.jpg
        This has been our forecast for the last week. We usually only get this on April 20th. I think the entire state is on fire.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          [ATTACH]8198[/ATTACH]
          This has been our forecast for the last week. We usually only get this on April 20th. I think the entire state is on fire.
          I feel for those poor Oregonians that don't have AC, because it only gets hot like this a few days a year. Actually, I have nothing but contempt for the Oregonians that are BYU fans and experiencing this heat. Those people deserve it and probably are the cause of the poor suffering Oregonians.

I wonder if medical/recreational marijuana helps endure the heat?
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
            I feel for those poor Oregonians that don't have AC, because it only gets hot like this a few days a year. Actually, I have nothing but contempt for the Oregonians that are BYU fans and experiencing this heat. Those people deserve it and probably are the cause of the poor suffering Oregonians.

I wonder if medical/recreational marijuana helps endure the heat?
            In another dimension all those BYU fans are die hard Utes and suffering just as much. I doubt you thought about that.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              In another dimension all those BYU fans are die hard Utes and suffering just as much. I doubt you thought about that.

Comment

I was going to go for a bike ride today, but I can't even see the foothills from my window here in West Jordan. I guess I'll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                  Actually, I have nothing but contempt for the Oregonians that are BYU fans and experiencing this heat. Those people deserve it and probably are the cause of the poor suffering Oregonians.

Comment

As expected, got this email from the school district this afternoon:

Parents/Guardians:
                    Currently, the air quality index reading is 209, putting the air quality in the "purple" category. All outdoor after school programs are cancelled today, Wednesday, September 6, 2017.
                    I don't see any reprieve in the forecast.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I think Bronco's players are getting more comfortable in his defense. Virginia has looked good against an Indiana offense that moved the ball a bit against Ohio Stste last week.
                      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Iowa-Iowa State was awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                          I think Bronco's players are getting more comfortable in his defense. Virginia has looked good against an Indiana offense that moved the ball a bit against Ohio Stste last week.
                          And then Virginia gives up two touchdowns.
                          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

LOL@PAC-whatever... The nanny conference:

Pac-12 penalizes field storming with monetary damages

The conference fines institutions $25,000 for the first offense
                            WSU fought back from 21 points down in the final quarter of a game against Boise State on Saturday night. The fans — which were at one point silent — regained hope as they watched the Cougars force overtime at Martin Stadium.

The first and second round of overtime ended in a tie, but the third finished the game. A walk-off touchdown sent the crowd in a frenzy. Rushing the field was almost inevitable after the Cougs’ lowest win probability was 0.4 percent, according to ESPN.

Students and alumni hopped the rails, running toward the middle of the field. In a matter of minutes, the bleachers emptied onto the turf like water through an open floodgate.

The Pac-12 Conference Council monetarily punishes institutions following field storming. These fines double from the initial offense of $25,000 to the highest offense of $100,000.

Presidents and chancellors of schools in the Pac-12 approved sanctions last year to enhance post-game safety. California Athletic Director Mike Williams was one of the advocates for this new policy.
                            https://dailyevergreen.com/15045/spo...orming-policy/

Mods, feel free to move this posting to the "Trigger warnings, safe spaces,... campus" thread.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Louisiana Tech punted on 4th and goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmfyinLDMeo

Comment

Lot's of P5 teams playing @ G5 teams today. Is this a new trend?

Comment

Working...
                                X