Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    I have a hard time seeing how it could fit any situation, especially one where the President and AG subscribe to the unitary executive theory.
    I know, you can't divorce discussion from reality.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      If impeachment fails for his Ukraine behavior, we can still do it for him being just a terrible person, right?
      Good grief. Yeah, we used to execute traitors. Real ones, that is.

He is behaving like a mob boss, not a POTUS.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        I know, you can't divorce discussion from reality.
        Come on, falafel. Can we elevate the tone of this discussion a bit?
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Come on, falafel. Can we elevate the tone of this discussion a bit?
          Bloody hell, I seriously doubt we can.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
            Because there are idiots who believe the satire pieces are true. It's not rocket science.
            Then maybe they could just simply say, Babylon Bee is a satire site and leave it at that. It isn't rocket science, after all.

Comment

This one:

As a completely unrelated topic, not bringing any new insight to the converstaion, this whataboutism is on par with Ted's level. Bravo.
              Um, the comment of mine you quote above came a full 5 days after you confirmed that allegations were enough for you. Now today you claim that that was TIC based on a comment I made 5 days after your claimed TIC comment. Either you are prescient, or you are desperately trying to cover your tracks.

Comment

I think fact-checking satire pieces is probably a waste of resources, but how does that make them less credible overall? Not sure I follow your logic here.
                Because it makes them a joke of a fact checker if they cannot even tell an attempt at real journalism and satire.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  Bloody hell, I seriously doubt we can.
                  Haha. Touche'. Let's work on this together, shall we?

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                    Um, the comment of mine you quote above came a full 5 days after you confirmed that allegations were enough for you. Now today you claim that that was TIC based on a comment I made 5 days after your claimed TIC comment. Either you are prescient, or you are desperately trying to cover your tracks.

I should have known you'd find out!

Cheers, angry Iman.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

Haha. Touche'. Let's work on this together, shall we?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                        Because it makes them a joke of a fact checker if they cannot even tell an attempt at real journalism and satire.
                        Sometimes just telling people that something is satire doesn't convince them. You actually have to show them the evidence that the piece is wrong. If you are not aware of this, you probably don't have a facebook account.

Comment

• ... and if you find bald Trump claims on Twitter to be more factual and persuasive than an annotated article on Snopes, then any discussion is probably a waste of time anyway.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I should have known you'd find out!

Cheers, angry Iman.
                            No prob, defensive Northwestcoug.

Comment

Sometimes just telling people that something is satire doesn't convince them. You actually have to show them the evidence that the piece is wrong. If you are not aware of this, you probably don't have a facebook account.
                              Okay, for the sake of argument, lets assume you are correct....you probably would want to call out the fact that they are a satirical publication and then work from there, rather than treat it as you would any other credible attempt at journalism. It looks foolish on you later when people mock you and then you claim that you were only doing this for those who could not clearly discern the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                                ... and if you find bald Trump claims on Twitter to be more factual and persuasive than an annotated article on Snopes, then any discussion is probably a waste of time anyway.
                                That's what you get for thinking it makes sense to try to ground such discussion in reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X