X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    Not if it's false information.
    Doesn't seem to be false.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Doesn't seem to be false.
      The right wing conspiracy version has been pretty thoroughly debunked already.

Biden in his capacity as VP was working with several other countries to try to help Ukraine in light of the Russian invasion and continued military threat. Yet, the previous administration there was pretty corrupt and the US along with the other countries threatened to withhold the help because Ukraine had stopped investigating the corruption. That's the story that seems more true, but I'm sure people will believe what they want.
      Last edited by BlueK; 09-26-2019, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Biden in his capacity as VP was working with several other countries to try to help Ukraine in light of the Russian invasion and continued military threat. Yet, the previous administration there was pretty corrupt and they threatened to withhold the help because they had stopped investigating the corruption.
        I am glad you are satisfied with the left wing explanation. I'm not, and a lot of other people aren't either.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I am glad you are satisfied with the left wing explanation. I'm not, and a lot of other people aren't either.
          I don't care. I'm sure you're satisfied with the INFOWARS version. So be it.

Comment

Biden in his capacity as VP was working with several other countries to try to help Ukraine in light of the Russian invasion and continued military threat. Yet, the previous administration there was pretty corrupt and the US along with the other countries threatened to withhold the help because Ukraine had stopped investigating the corruption. That's the story that seems more true, but I'm sure people will believe what they want.
            Haha....if Don Trump Jr. had suddenly been given a board position paying $600k per year despite have zero qualifications to sit on the board, I am sure that you would be just as passive in not trying to connect any dots whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
              Haha....if Don Trump Jr. had suddenly been given a board position paying $600k per year despite have zero qualifications to sit on the board, I am sure that you would be just as passive in not trying to connect any dots whatsoever.
              I don't care what Trumps do outside of government. Didn't before and won't in the future.

This is just a distraction to take the heat off of President Trump and his inappropriate actions with another country. He may well keep his job, but every single member of the House and Senate must be held accountable now for how they're going to vote.

If Biden did something wrong which can be proven, then have at it. But it's a separate topic.
              Last edited by BlueK; 09-26-2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

I don't care what Trumps do outside of government. Didn't before and won't in the future.

This is just a distraction to take the heat off of President Trump and his inappropriate actions with another country. He may well keep his job, but every single member of the House and Senate must be held accountable now for how they're going to vote.
                Wait, so you are cool with politicians and their families taking kick backs? Sorry, I don't believe you. You would be flailing about if this were Donny Jr.

Comment

If Biden did something wrong which can be proven, then have at it. But it's a separate topic.
                  It's intrinsically linked. I don't understand how you don't see that. But I guess you only see what you want to see, and right now (and for the last 3 years) you have only seen Trump.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Wait, so you are cool with politicians and their families taking kick backs? Sorry, I don't believe you. You would be flailing about if this were Donny Jr.
                    No, I'm not ok with corruption. I already said if if can be proven Biden did something wrong, then fine.

But it's still a separate topic from this thread. President Trump's actions were still not ok, IMO. It's fine if you think otherwise. My strong belief is that there has to be an impeachment hearing and vote so every member of the House and Senate can be on the record on that. Let it fall where it may afterwards.

Also, sorry, if I keep forgetting that you hate Trump. I would ask the same courtesy from you in remembering I'm a Libertarian, not a democrat. Look up Justin Amash and his views. Mine line up with his pretty closely.
                    Last edited by BlueK; 09-26-2019, 08:54 AM.

Comment

No, I'm not ok with corruption. I already said if if can be proven Biden did something wrong, then fine.

But it's still a separate topic from this thread. President Trump's actions were still not ok, IMO. It's fine if you think otherwise. My strong belief is that there has to be an impeachment hearing and vote so every member of the House and Senate can be on the record on that. Let it fall where it may afterwards.

Also, sorry, if I keep forgetting that you hate Trump. I would ask the same courtesy from you in remembering I'm a Libertarian, not a democrat. Look up Justin Amash and his views. Mine line up with his pretty closely.
                      When did I assert that you were a democrat?

Comment

It isn't just the left, unless one wants to include Mitt, Jonah Goldberg, the Wall Street Journal, and other conservative voices in that category.

I've mocked Trump's Multiplicity sons, Uday and Qsay, in the past so I have no problem with anyone pointing out the ethical, moral and personal failings of Hunter Biden. But once that's out of the way, there's nothing much left behind Trump's defense.

The prosecutor Biden (and countless others) sought to have removed had been condemned by pretty much everyone (the EU, the State Department, members of Congress, etc.) because he wasn't going after corruption aggressively. It was only AFTER he was removed that Ukraine began to go aggressively after Burisma (Hunter's employer).

I'm also not a Biden supporter, but even if his actions were politically motivated (and I'm still waiting for any real evidence that they were), this does not excuse Trump's wrongdoing which is plainly evident. It's laughable to think that Trump's actions were for any reason other than political gain. Without the Biden connection, Trump would not have sent Giuliani (his new Roy Cohn) to Ukraine and urged Zelensky to work with him. Trump does't care about corruption in Ukraine (or Russia, or North Korea, or the Philippines, or Egypt, or...) and wasn't/isn't doing anything about it until he saw a personal political advantage. If Biden had announced two years ago he was not going to run for the Presidency, does anyone sincerely believe Trump and Giuliani would given this a moment's thought?

What Trump did is impeachable. My preference is that impeachment this close to an election not happen, but I hope that voters recognize that Trump is amoral and bases his actions solely on personal gain.

Comment

• Look, angry Iman and others, feel free to highlight Biden father and son's potential unethical or even criminal behavior. I'm sure Ted's links prove incontrovertibly that he's a slime ball. But it is immaterial to Trump's dealings with Ukraine. I don't understand why it keeps coming up as a qualifier to the allegations against Trump.

But don't listen to me, let's hear from the Ukranians!:

A former top Ukrainian prosecutor, whose allegations were at the heart of the dirt-digging effort by Rudolph W. Giuliani, said Thursday he believed that Hunter Biden did not run afoul of any laws in Ukraine.

“From the perspective of Ukrainian legislation, he did not violate anything,” former Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuri Lutsenko told The Washington Post in his first interview since the disclosure of a whistleblower complaint alleging pressure by Trump on Ukraine’s president, Volodymr Zelensky....

“Hunter Biden cannot be responsible for violations of the management of Burisma that took place two years before his arrival,” Lutsenko said.
                          https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...36f_story.html
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                            Look, angry Iman and others, feel free to highlight Biden father and son's potential unethical or even criminal behavior. I'm sure Ted's links prove incontrovertibly that he's a slime ball. But it is immaterial to Trump's dealings with Ukraine. I don't understand why it keeps coming up as a qualifier to the allegations against Trump.

But don't listen to me, let's hear from the Ukranians!:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...36f_story.html
                            Look, defensive Northwestcoug, since you are willing to give full credence to something a Ukrainian official said, here is a link highlighting that the Ukrainian president said he didn't not feel pressured by President Trump.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...er-biden-probe

Earlier you indicated that allegations were enough for you want Trump impeached, I would have thought allegations would be enough for you to get on the indict the Bidens train too.

Comment

Earlier you indicated that allegations were enough for you want Trump impeached, I would have thought allegations would be enough for you to get on the indict the Bidens train too.
                              That was obviously TIC because you were playing whataboutism. Of course I want evidence. But if you're still going to be banging the Biden drum, come back when you have as much evidence for that scandal as there seems to be mounting with the Trump one.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

It's intrinsically linked. I don't understand how you don't see that. But I guess you only see what you want to see, and right now (and for the last 3 years) you have only seen Trump.
                                I realize I piss people like you off. Trump is pretty bad, but I'll try to post less. How about that? But go read PAC's response if you really care about a reasoned discucussion about it and if it's not just you responding to me because you think I'm annoying. I'm done.
                                Last edited by BlueK; 09-26-2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X