Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    He is just a dumb kid... but the "adult" CNN reporter advocates violence on children. Apparently you agree that the crazy liberals should track down these kids and beat the sh*t out of them (or at least shame the hell out of them)... As Frank would say: stay classy CNN.

Who is tracking down who and beating the shit out of them?

Reza is a CNN reporter the same way Sean Hannity is a Fox Reporter. Saying the kid had a punchable face isn’t nice but it doesn’t stoop to the level that others did when they spoke about the Parkland students.
    Last edited by frank ryan; 01-20-2019, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post

Reza is a CNN reporter the same way Sean Hannity is a Fox Reporter. Saying the kid had a punchable face isn’t nice but it doesn’t stoop to the level that others did when they spoke about the Parkland students.
      OMG! Does Sean Hannity eat human brains too?
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        Squirrel!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

What did the kid do wrong? He’s a teenager in a situation set up by activist adults with dozens of cameras on him. It’s despicable that he was in that situation. The Native American was obviously looking to get a response and he stood there beating his drum in the kids face for a long time.

This whole situation is disgusting from top to bottom, but mostly because it was a setup for the call out and shame culture that exists. And both sides are to blame.
          You didn't notice? HE WAS WEARING A MAGA HAT!!!

MEGA hats are poisoning young minds!...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Come on, frank. Saying that about a kid is indefensible.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Come on, frank. Saying that about a kid is indefensible.
              Good thing I didn't say something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Wait a minute, Walter. You mean to tell me that the media sometimes makes mistakes and sometimes even acknowledges and apologizes for said mistakes?

Mind. Blown.
                Please don't be frank-dumb. You are better than that.

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/20/...prussia-story/

Note that all of these “errors” go only in one direction: namely, exaggerating the grave threat posed by Moscow and the Trump circle’s connection to it. It’s inevitable that media outlets will make mistakes on complex stories. If that’s being done in good faith, one would expect the errors would be roughly 50/50 in terms of the agenda served by the false stories. That is most definitely not the case here. Just as was true in 2002 and 2003, when the media clearly wanted to exaggerate the threat posed by Saddam Hussein and thus all of its “errors” went in that direction, virtually all of its major “errors” in this story are devoted to the same agenda and script.
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                  Please don't be frank-dumb. You are better than that.

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/20/...prussia-story/
                  The google-a-random-link response.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                    If that’s being done in good faith, one would expect the errors would be roughly 50/50 in terms of the agenda served by the false stories.
                    that is literally the dumbest thing i've read in maybe a week
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

What did the kid do wrong? He’s a teenager in a situation set up by activist adults with dozens of cameras on him. It’s despicable that he was in that situation. The Native American was obviously looking to get a response and he stood there beating his drum in the kids face for a long time.

This whole situation is disgusting from top to bottom, but mostly because it was a setup for the call out and shame culture that exists. And both sides are to blame.
                      lol

your hyperbole is awesome
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• The smirking kid provides a well-crafted response to those who have ripped on him. He should have just walked away but he wasn't looking for a confrontation.

I believed that by remaining motionless and calm, I was helping to diffuse the situation. I realized everyone had cameras and that perhaps a group of adults was trying to provoke a group of teenagers into a larger conflict. I said a silent prayer that the situation would not get out of hand....

I was not intentionally making faces at the protestor. I did smile at one point because I wanted him to know that I was not going to become angry, intimidated or be provoked into a larger confrontation. I am a faithful Christian and practicing Catholic, and I always try to live up to the ideals my faith teaches me -- to remain respectful of others, and to take no action that would lead to conflict or violence.
                        I think he may be little disingenuous, but he's undeserving of the grief the national press have heaped upon him.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

I think he may be little disingenuous, but he's undeserving of the grief the national press have heaped upon him.
                          Partisans went nuts on those kids and it got really crazy really fast. Talking about punching him in the face and whatnot. While I can't stand the 'fake news' constantly pushed out by Trump as a response to any critical news, this past week has shown an underlying weakness in our media that makes it susceptible to that claim. I have no idea what the solution is.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            The smirking kid provides a well-crafted response to those who have ripped on him. He should have just walked away but he wasn't looking for a confrontation.

That’s a pretty well-written response.

I can’t wait until Trump exploit this and invites the kids for some non fast food at the WH, furthering dividing the country.
                            Last edited by frank ryan; 01-21-2019, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              Partisans went nuts on those kids and it got really crazy really fast. Talking about punching him in the face and whatnot. While I can't stand the 'fake news' constantly pushed out by Trump as a response to any critical news, this past week has shown an underlying weakness in our media that makes it susceptible to that claim. I have no idea what the solution is.
                              Part of the problem is the American public no longer understands or makes an effort to separate hard news from pundit shows, talk radio, blogs and now twitter posts. Some of that fault lies with the media companies who in an effort to keep their audience tried to engage them in new ways. The old dinosaurs stilll do it best and have standards, with editors and fact-checkers. How often do we hear talk show hosts issues corrections or retractions? How about bloggers or people in the twittersphere?

There are fewer newspapers around, fewer professional reporters and fewer news bureaus. That’s also a problem.

The American news diet is poor.

Comment

That’s a pretty well-written response.

I can’t wait until Trump exploit this and invites the kids for some non fast food at the WH, furthering dividing the country.
                                Trump exploits divisions he doesn't cause them. Entrenched attitudes are the cause.
                                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
                                X