Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Yep. But it isn’t necessarily irresponsible or unethical. You can’t say the same for someone parroting what Alex Jones says.
    I think it is a bit unethical. If it's on the news people expect that it's been vetted.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
      I’m sure CNN would have spent all day on an “uncorroborated” story about Obama doing something illegal, right?

It will be a great day if/when Trump is impeached but CNN has lost their minds and waived all journalistic values when it comes to Trump.
      FOX reported it as well. Blame the Internet with all of these fly-by-night news sites. The networks are concerned they will miss something and/or be late to the story.

I don't think we've seen the end to this particular story. Look at what Rudy is saying today about Dump talking to Cohen before Cohen testified.

Put a "D" beside Trump and FOX would have been all over this. Look what they did with that Obama birth certificate story.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

It will be a great day if/when Trump is impeached but CNN has lost their minds and waived all journalistic values when it comes to Trump.
        e.g., CNN reporter advocates violence on children...

Oh, he is a Muslim so it's all cool. He gets an automatic pass and gets to keep his job.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          e.g., CNN reporter advocates violence on children...

Oh, he is a Muslim so it's all cool. He gets an automatic pass and gets to keep his job.
          Well, technically, all he wrote was that the kid had a punchable face (how can one watch the video and disagree with that assessment?); he didn't say one should actually do anything about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
            I don't think we've seen the end to this particular story. Look at what Rudy is saying today about Dump talking to Cohen before Cohen testified.
            I agree. It may be that Trump didn't coach Cohen or encourage him to lie, but the statement from the special counsel's office was phrased very carefully (as if by accomplished trial and appellate attorneys!) and was not a categorical denial or refutation.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              I think it is a bit unethical. If it's on the news people expect that it's been vetted.

If the media never discussed stories that were reported by others because they were challenged or dismissed by government spokespeople, we would miss out on a lot. The net result would not be good.

It's also funny that Trump suddenly finds evil Mueller credible.

Comment

I’m sure CNN would have spent all day on an “uncorroborated” story about Obama doing something illegal, right?

CNN has lost their minds and waived all journalistic values when it comes to Trump.
                The New York Times broke the Hillary E-mail story. CNN would not pass up reporting on Obama or any POTUS doing something illegal. You're honestly sounding a lot like Trump when you talk about CNN. Not a lot of examples, just speaking in hyperbole and absolutes.

Again, about CNN's journalistic ethics, do have some actual examples of this? If it so frequent and egregious it should be easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  Well, technically, all he wrote was that the kid had a punchable face (how can one watch the video and disagree with that assessment?); he didn't say one should actually do anything about it.
                  Yes, very punchable. And I promise Mexico will pay for the puncher's defense.

And how crazy that ut is turning this around to someone attacking truly horrible behavior. I saw some Repub Senator interviewed this morning and he couldn't bring himself to condemn this, but noted that the punchable kid remained silent and didn't saying anything hateful.
                  Last edited by myboynoah; 01-20-2019, 04:43 PM.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Yep... well within CNN's journalistic values.

How can one watch the video and disagree? Maybe by watching the entire video?

The Media Wildly Mischaracterized That Video of Covington Catholic Students Confronting a Native American Veteran

Partial video footage of students from a Catholic high school allegedly harassing a Native American veteran after the anti-abortion March for Life rally in Washington, D.C., on Saturday quickly went viral, provoking widespread condemnation of the kids on social media. Various media figures and Twitter users called for them to be doxed, shamed, or otherwise punished, and school administrators said they would consider expulsion.

But the rest of the video—nearly two hours of additional footage showing what happened before and after the encounter—adds important context that strongly contradicts the media's narrative.

Far from engaging in racially motivated harassment, the group of mostly white, MAGA-hat-wearing male teenagers remained relatively calm and restrained despite being subjected to incessant racist, homophobic, and bigoted verbal abuse by members of the bizarre religious sect Black Hebrew Israelites, who were lurking nearby. The BHI has existed since the late 19th century, and is best describes as a black nationalist cult movement; its members believe they are descendants of the ancient Israelites, and often express condemnation of white people, Christians, and gays. DC-area Black Hebrews are known to spout particularly vile bigotry.

Phillips put himself between the teens and the black nationalists, chanting and drumming as he marched straight into the middle of the group of young people. What followed was several minutes of confusion: The teens couldn't quite decide whether Phillips was on their side or not, but tentatively joined in his chanting. It's not at all clear this was intended as an act of mockery rather than solidarity.

One student did not get out of Phillips way as he marched, and gave the man a hard stare and a smile that many have described as creepy. This moment received the most media coverage: The teen has been called the product of a "hate factory" and likened to a school shooter, segregation-era racist, and member of the Ku Klux Klan. I have no idea what he was thinking, but portraying this as an example of obvious, racially-motivated hate is a stretch. Maybe he simply had no idea why this man was drumming in his face, and couldn't quite figure out the best response? It bears repeating that Phillips approached him, not the other way around.

And that's all there is to it. Phillips walked away after several minutes, the Black Hebrew Israelites continued to insult the crowd, and nothing else happened.
                    [...]
                    https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/20/c...phillips-video
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I agree. It may be that Trump didn't coach Cohen or encourage him to lie, but the statement from the special counsel's office was phrased very carefully (as if by accomplished trial and appellate attorneys!) and was not a categorical denial or refutation.
                      I quoted this piece of a WaPo article in an earlier post of mine:

In fact, what it didn’t say was important, too. It didn’t say Mueller had no evidence that Trump had sought to influence Cohen — just that BuzzFeed’s description of such statements was inaccurate. Nor did it spell out which reported statements were inaccurate and in what way. Further, it offered no details about how BuzzFeed had mischaracterized any evidence that Mueller has collected

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                        Yes, very punchable. And I promise Mexico will pay for the puncher's defense.

And how crazy that ut is turning this around to someone attacking truly horrible behavior. I saw some Repub Senator interviewed this morning and he couldn't bring himself to condemn this, but noted that the punchable kid remained silent and didn't saying anything hateful.
                        Being 1/32nd native american I side with what this guy beating the drum is saying... "You white people go back to Europe, this is not your land"

Yeah, y'all get your white asses off my grass!
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Not sure what point you're trying to make here, unless you're simply agreeing with the "many" (per your cited article) that the kid's hard stare and and small were creepy (i,e., punchable). And note that the Native American (perhaps your relative!) had nothing to do with the offensive BHI group but the kid was apparently too stupid to figure that out.

Comment

Not sure what point you're trying to make here, unless you're simply agreeing with the "many" (per your cited article) that the kid's hard stare and and small were creepy (i,e., punchable). And note that the Native American (perhaps your relative!) had nothing to do with the offensive BHI group but the kid was apparently too stupid to figure that out.
                            He is just a dumb kid... but the "adult" CNN reporter advocates violence on children. Apparently you agree that the crazy liberals should track down these kids and beat the sh*t out of them (or at least shame the hell out of them)... As Frank would say: stay classy CNN.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I watched that entire video Ted, did you? It doesn’t let those kids off the hook. The tomahawk chop in the faces of Native Americans conducting rituals and chanting is classy, and it doesn’t have a thing to do with that small group of Black Israelites. That kid’s smirk as he blocked Phillips and stood inches from him is creepy. The full length video doesn’t change that fact.

Comment

What did the kid do wrong? He’s a teenager in a situation set up by activist adults with dozens of cameras on him. It’s despicable that he was in that situation. The Native American was obviously looking to get a response and he stood there beating his drum in the kids face for a long time.

This whole situation is disgusting from top to bottom, but mostly because it was a setup for the call out and shame culture that exists. And both sides are to blame.
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X