Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Once again, there is no current evidence that this is true. There was no active investigation into Biden's son at the time.

This says nothing of the ethics or sleaziness of what Biden or his son did. It's just that the talking point that he went after a prosecutor who was investigating his son is not true.

The optics are bad. Biden avoids answering the questions about his crackhead, dumbass son. He is now in a freefall in the polls and won't recover. The Dems are moving on to Pocahontas. You need to just let him go, NWC, and move on too.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post

Where are people saying that the company was being investigated but not the board?
      What?! Both NWCoug and PAC said that higher up in this thread. Where does your quote come from? CNN, CNBC?
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• It’s also all over the Internet. See NWcoug’s link.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          For the non-lawyers here (and apparently some of the lawyers): A corporation is an not a natural person. It acts through its directors and officers. If the corporation is being investigated for corruption, ineluctably so is the board. The board’s activities are closely scrutinized.

Also, an investigation is not an indictment, so to say that the prosecutor was investigating the company but not the board, begs the question: who says? Was there an announcement that the prosecutor was investigating the corporation but not the board?

Some people here need to be disciplined about not believing every argument they hear on CNN.
          LOL counselor. I would have had much less of an issue had you said the above paragraph first. But you didn’t. Seems to this non-lawyer that that’s materially different.

And again to beat this dead horse, all available evidence suggests that Biden and multiple governments wanted the prosecutor sacked because he wasn’t fighting corruption enough, despite the shady things his son was likely doing. I’m not sure why you don’t want to acknowledge that.

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

The optics are bad. Biden avoids answering the questions about his crackhead, dumbass son. He is now in a freefall in the polls and won't recover. The Dems are moving on to Pocahontas. You need to just let him go, NWC, and move on too.
          Don’t worry. I’ll pull the lever for Warren just as happily as for Biden.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• The salient point is that Biden was in a conflict of interest, probably something only lawyers can fully grasp.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

The salient point is that Biden was in a conflict of interest, probably something only lawyers can fully grasp.
              Don't forget about the Pelosis... Let's show them some love too!

But even worse, Paul Jr hobnobs with the Drumpfs at Mar-a-Lago!

Isn't it bad enough that Nancy prays for Drumpf all the time?
              Last edited by Uncle Ted; 10-04-2019, 08:06 AM.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

What?! Both NWCoug and PAC said that higher up in this thread. Where does your quote come from? CNN, CNBC?
                Comes from the Axios link that you said was entirely consistent with your argument.

Of course, that site has more detailed information by providing links to the NY times, the LA times, npr, and the New Yorker.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  What do you guys think about Trump hiding details of his conversations with Putin and the Saudis?
                  I'll answer this.

First - I think that there are a lot of conversations that take place between world leaders that should have some level of confidentiality (as compared to "secrecy") as far as who has access to them. I think the general population probably shouldn't necessarily have access to all of those conversations - though I do think that they shouldn't necessarily be kept from other national leaders.

I also think that if Trump has had conversations with other world leaders and kept some of the information from those conversations hidden - it's probably par for the course and something that all of our presidents have done at one time or another. So I don't necessarily find it surprising.

Before you jump to your "whataboutism" response - I'm not saying it's OK because others have done it. I'm saying it's not surprising and it is probably a rather common occurrence, unfortunately.

Are there laws that state that our president can't speak with leaders of other countries without it being witnessed and/or documented? Should there be? I would think it would be useful to have some record so that subsequent presidents could see how those conversations have gone and what promises have been made. That said - I can also see how there would be a fear of those communications being politicized as future presidents disagree with the policy and approach of their predecessor.

Comment

• I like it.

Now go and convince a handful of centrist republicans to do the same.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Still nothing to see here... move along.

Jim Jordan says he hopes Schiff releases Volker transcript on Trump-Ukraine: 'There's no quid pro quo'

U.S. Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, said Thursday night he hopes all Americans get an opportunity to read transcripts from the day's Capitol Hill interviews with former U.S. envoy to Ukraine Kurt Volker -- but added the decision is up to House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif.

"Sean, I hope every American gets a chance to read what took place in that room today -- because when they do, they will see there's no 'quid pro quo,'" Jordan said on "Hannity." "They will see exactly what President Trump and [Ukraine] President [Volodymyr] Zelensky, was going on between these two countries."

Republican lawmakers who were present at Volker’s closed-door marathon testimony before three House committees on Thursday seemed confident that Volker's answers disproved any allegations of a "quid pro quo" in the Trump impeachment inquiry. Sources told Fox News that Volker had been worried about the reliability of the Ukrainian prosecutor who provided information to Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani.
                      [...]
                      https://www.foxnews.com/media/rep-jo...oys-transcript

For those that need a refresher on what quid pro quo is really like: A little "space" to help with win the re-relection in exchange for "flexibility" in U.S. foreign policy... Obama getting chummy with the Ruskies.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

For those that need a refresher on what quid pro quo is really like: A little "space" to help with win the re-relection in exchange for "flexibility" in U.S. foreign policy... Obama getting chummy with the Ruskies.

Obama was having a back and forth with Russia over U.S. policy??!!!!
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

I like it.

Now go and convince a handful of centrist republicans to do the same.
                          Romney is talking like he has a connection with this corruption.

"I'm Concerned If We Don't Impeach This President, He Will Get Re-Elected"

:swear::crazy::coachk::crazy:
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• This is all so tiresome. Whether Biden or Obama were crooks when in office has nothing to do with what Trump did or didn't do. I am so sick of whataboutism. Can we just stipulate that most (if not all) politicians are shady and that if they do illegal acts we all should want them punished, and/or removed from office, and/or from elections so we can actually talk about what our current president is doing and not what our last president and vice president did?
                            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                              I'll answer this.

First - I think that there are a lot of conversations that take place between world leaders that should have some level of confidentiality (as compared to "secrecy") as far as who has access to them. I think the general population probably shouldn't necessarily have access to all of those conversations - though I do think that they shouldn't necessarily be kept from other national leaders.

I also think that if Trump has had conversations with other world leaders and kept some of the information from those conversations hidden - it's probably par for the course and something that all of our presidents have done at one time or another. So I don't necessarily find it surprising.

Before you jump to your "whataboutism" response - I'm not saying it's OK because others have done it. I'm saying it's not surprising and it is probably a rather common occurrence, unfortunately.

Are there laws that state that our president can't speak with leaders of other countries without it being witnessed and/or documented? Should there be? I would think it would be useful to have some record so that subsequent presidents could see how those conversations have gone and what promises have been made. That said - I can also see how there would be a fear of those communications being politicized as future presidents disagree with the policy and approach of their predecessor.
                              Eddie, he hid these on a server we wasn't supposed to. Just as he did with the Ukraine phone call details. As far as I know, it's unprecedented. I don't think the general public needs to have access to them, but they shouldn't be hidden in such a manner that it would be hard for an investigator to know they exist sans a whistleblower.

Congress is having a hard time learning what Trump spoke with Putin about in Helsinki. He isn't hiding things from the media, he's hiding them from oversight. I guess where you and I differ, is you give Trump the benefit of the doubt, and your default suspicion falls on democrats and the media. Trump's life is full of examples of dishonesty, beyond the usual political hijinks. I think the mainstream media, who has the unenviable job of covering a man who has at times wished violence on them, gets things right a lot more often than wrong. Certainly, the media reporting on Trump's actions doesn't equal anything conspiratorial.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                                This is all so tiresome. Whether Biden or Obama were crooks when in office has nothing to do with what Trump did or didn't do. I am so sick of whataboutism. Can we just stipulate that most (if not all) politicians are shady and that if they do illegal acts we all should want them punished, and/or removed from office, and/or from elections so we can actually talk about what our current president is doing and not what our last president and vice president did?
                                Yeah, it is almost as tiresome as taking about impeachment all the time...

I can't believe it! I actually believe everything they said in that video. OMG, I might be a democrat.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X