Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    This sounds awful and I'm pretty sure that Democrats will overplay their hand and Trump will come out of it about the same as he always does.
    Probably and Bob Barr will run interference/PR just like he did with the Mueller report.

Comment

• "President Donald Trump repeatedly pushed for Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelensky to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, and his son, Hunter, during a July 25 phone call, according to a transcript of the conversation released by the White House.

Trump also asked the Ukrainian leader to work with his personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, and US Attorney General William Barr on the issue, the call transcript reveals."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/25/polit...ipt/index.html

Comment

• Let's assume that Trump is impeached, which even right-leaning legal pundits are thinking is justified if the evidence is what it appears. What next? No way he resigns, and I think it only slightly more likely the Senate removes him. If he runs again, does this make him more or less likely to win in 2020? Clinton appeared to emerge unscathed, and his impeachment gave the GOP a black eye. I realize the accusation was different, but Democrats have clearly been gunning for Trump since he took office, so I'm not sure that even a justifiable impeachment would keep them from looking bad in the eyes of much of the public.

It all just sucks. It sucks that we have an egomaniac in office. It sucks that our primary system brings out the crazy in both parties so there's never any good choice. It sucks that our republic has been made a mockery of by the people sworn to protect it. I hate politics and the incentives it creates.
        sigpic
        "Outlined against a blue, gray
        October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
        Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          "President Donald Trump repeatedly pushed for Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelensky to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, and his son, Hunter, during a July 25 phone call, according to a transcript of the conversation released by the White House.

Trump also asked the Ukrainian leader to work with his personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, and US Attorney General William Barr on the issue, the call transcript reveals."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/25/polit...ipt/index.html
          So the rhetoric has already changed from "pressured" to "pushed." Interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
            It all just sucks. It sucks that we have an egomaniac in office. It sucks that our primary system brings out the crazy in both parties so there's never any good choice. It sucks that our republic has been made a mockery of by the people sworn to protect it. I hate politics and the incentives it creates.
            Nailed it. Our whole system and current situation royally sucks right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
              I agree with you, that asking a foreign government to investigate a political rival is bad. I do wonder, though, if you had similar outrage over allegations related to the previous administration using our own government to spy on political rivals.
              No, I don't have similar outrage to that example. A US president asking a foreign country to investigate a political rival is much worse than domestic spying.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                So the rhetoric has already changed from "pressured" to "pushed." Interesting.
                The memorandum from the call is out. Trump mentioned it one time in the call. Doesn't sound like "repeatedly pushed" is quite accurate. But what would we expect coming from CNN?

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                  No, I don't have similar outrage to that example. A US president asking a foreign country to investigate a political rival is much worse than domestic spying.
                  Really? Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                    Let's assume that Trump is impeached, which even right-leaning legal pundits are thinking is justified if the evidence is what it appears. What next? No way he resigns, and I think it only slightly more likely the Senate removes him. If he runs again, does this make him more or less likely to win in 2020? Clinton appeared to emerge unscathed, and his impeachment gave the GOP a black eye. I realize the accusation was different, but Democrats have clearly been gunning for Trump since he took office, so I'm not sure that even a justifiable impeachment would keep them from looking bad in the eyes of much of the public.

IMO, it's a myth that the GOP was really hurt by the Clinton impeachment because they actually went on to win the next three elections (2000, 02, 04) And it's a rare feat for one party to win three in a row. No one really talks about that because Clinton got a boost to his own personal popularity (which was already high to begin with). But it didn't help the dems in general though.
                    Last edited by BlueK; 09-25-2019, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                      The memorandum from the call is out. Trump mentioned it one time in the call. Doesn't sound like "repeatedly pushed" is quite accurate. But what would we expect coming from CNN?
                      LOL@CNN... Don't they realize that stuff like this (i.e., not telling the story accurately) just makes them look bad?

There is no evidence of wrongdoing by either Joe or Hunter Biden.
                      Even if there is no evidence of wrongdoing just the fact that Hunter got $50,000 a month (for doing what? nothing) and was riding on Air Force Two with Daddy Joe looks really bad.
                      Last edited by Uncle Ted; 09-25-2019, 08:45 AM.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                        After he mentioned it, he reiterated twice that he would have Rudy call about it. May not be pushed but it was repeated. It wasn't just once.

Comment

• "I said this in my first reaction, which is if the president of the United States asks or presses the leader of a foreign country to carry out an investigation of a political nature that's troubling. And I feel that," Romney said.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...2424ce84215b5e

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                            After he mentioned it, he reiterated twice that he would have Rudy call about it. May not be pushed but it was repeated. It wasn't just once.
                            Yeah, Rudy should call him too. If Biden has nothing to hide he would say that he would welcome the investigation and release all his transcripts. Your move, Biden.

BTW, I would like to get paid $50,000/mo to fly to Ukraine on Air Force Two. I think I am just as qualified as Hunter Biden. Where do I sign up?

Edit:

Last edited by Uncle Ted; 09-25-2019, 09:13 AM.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                              "I said this in my first reaction, which is if the president of the United States asks or presses the leader of a foreign country to carry out an investigation of a political nature that's troubling. And I feel that," Romney said.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...2424ce84215b5e
                              You shouldn't listen to anyone that puts ketchup on their hotdogs.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• LOL@the Dumb Dems...

[read the entire thread of tweets]

Of course, Drumpf is just doing them a favor by getting rid of Biden. He is like the worst of the Dem candidates.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X