Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Default Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

OK, what is the over/under on when this happens? I say 12 months into his term. Max.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    OK, what is the over/under on when this happens? I say 12 months into his term. Max.
    That seems fair.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    That seems fair.
    Do you really believe the House will do that to one of their own? I don't.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Do you really believe the House will do that to one of their own? I don't.
    We're 100 and few day in and it's already a fiasco. What will another 100 days bring. So many more opportunities for disaster.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

At least past the mid-terms... The Grand Ole Party is not going to impeach one of their own.

I am guessing in his second term like Slick Willie.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    We're 100 and few day in and it's already a fiasco. What will another 100 days bring. So many more opportunities for disaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    At least past the mid-terms... The Grand Ole Party is not going to impeach one of their own.

When guys like Chaffetz are asking for the Comey memos, that's an indication he has very few real allies left.

Can we all just agree the best thing for the country at this point would be for Trump to die of natural causes?

LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

I think this is more like BYU to the Big 12. People will make a lot of noise, but it'll never really happen.

Unless he resigns he will serve his full term.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    I think this is more like BYU to the Big 12. People will make a lot of noise, but it'll never really happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    Unless he resigns he will serve his full term.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    LOL.
    You laugh now but I think it will go down something like this...

Elizabeth Warren, the dem party candidate, will have a total break down and will try to physically strangle Drumpf live in a debate after he won't stop calling her "Pocahontas". She has to be physically restrained and taken off the stage. Most of the democrats then throw their vote to Bernie Sanders, the Green party candidate. The more reasonable democrats vote for the libertarian. Trump wins with the lowest popular vote percentage in history. The Libertarian comes in 2nd.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

So JL thinks the republicans will impeach a president from their own party? That'll only happen if solid evidence ever comes out, which clearly hasn't happened yet.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    So JL thinks the republicans will impeach a president from their own party? That'll only happen if solid evidence ever comes out, which clearly hasn't happened yet.
    He is the dumbest, most reckless president ever. We are in uncharted territory.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Over.

Remember, at every opportunity the GOP/voters had to choose anyone other than Trump, they chose him. There is a solid minority that are still behind him. This base is all that the GOP has left, since basically everyone else is lumping the sane republican leaders with Trump. They will not throw away the only support they have unless/until there is overwhelming evidence against Trump. This is going to take awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Can we all just agree the best thing for the country at this point would be for Trump to die of natural causes?
    Yup!

I love the thread. Oh please let it be under.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post

It wouldn't really take that many votes from the Republicans, assuming the dems all vote for it. It's not like the GOP has huge majorities.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    It wouldn't really take that many votes from the Republicans, assuming the dems all vote for it. It's not like the GOP has huge majorities.
    I thought it took a 2/3rds vote rather than a simple majority... but of course given the path Drumpf is on maybe they will get it.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I thought it took a 2/3rds vote rather than a simple majority... but of course given the path Drumpf is on maybe they will get it.
    majority in house to impeach, 2/3rds in senate to convict
    Last edited by BlueK; 05-17-2017 at 12:44 PM.

There will be more dirt. If his approval numbers stay this bad it's only a matter of time before his fate is pretty much sealed, IMO. The Republicans will make the political calculation that it's better to run away from him than lose the House and Senate in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    There will be more dirt. If his approval numbers stay this bad it's only a matter of time before his fate is pretty much sealed, IMO. The Republicans will make the political calculation that it's better to run away from him than lose the House and Senate in 2018.
    But they will wait until the next election rather than impeach him in office.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    But they will wait until the next election rather than impeach him in office.
    It depends on what else gets revealed and how unpopular Trump gets, IMO. I don't think they want to go down with the ship. 2018 may even be way too late. They don't want to end up in the minority again.

The problem is that Trump is just dumber than sand. When somebody says to him, "oh you can't do that," that's his cue to double down on whatever ridiculous thing they're talking about. Him trying to get Comey to drop the Flynn investigation sounds 100% like Trump-- acting like that's a negotiation so he can salt away favor with Flynn for future use. Ryan and Chaffetz see the writing on the wall, hopefully, and this isn't just a ruse. I wonder if they each have had their own little illegal experiences that are now dawning on them and they're scared shitless just thinking "fuuuuu** this," playing ball before it's too late.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

He is the dumbest, most reckless president ever. We are in uncharted territory.
    I don't think he is dumb, but he certainly is the most reckless.

The house wont act until it's clear they would not survive re-election. That territory is very well charted.

I'll take the over.
    I intend to live forever.
    So far, so good.
    --Steven Wright

This man is sociopathic. If they move to impeach him, I wouldn't put it past him to Reichstag Fire his wife.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

I think this is good news and am relieved it is happening.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/17/politi...ler/index.html
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Here's my concern about this move to impeach: I'm no attorney, but this doesn't sound like obstruction of justice, technically speaking, outside of maybe a claim that he was fired because he didn't stop the Flynn investigation? Is there any chance that the GOP will back a special counsel to look into this technical charge, find him innocent but maybe issue some sort of reprimand, and then walk away, satisfied they've investigated Trump? Trump gently asking Comey to stop investigating Flynn ranks so low on the list of stuff that is undoubtedly out there on this dirtbag.

On the positive side, any chance that Chaffetz' announcement stems from a desire to claim a shred of dignity and actually do his job, without any threat of reprisal? It would be nice to see him find a spine somewhere. Oh, and then he could maybe actually look at his daughter and wife again in the eye.

EDIT: just saw that the special counsel is going to look fully into Russian ties. That's good news.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    I think this is good news and am relieved it is happening.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/17/politi...ler/index.html
    I am not so sure, Frank... Didn't Bush Jr appoint this guy back in the day? Anyone that Bush Jr approves of can't be good news. Hell, this Mueller guy might even be golfing buddies with Dick Chenney. Of course, that would be better than being hunting buddies with Dick Chenney.

Edit: He has Newt's endorsement... I feel better now.

Last edited by Uncle Ted; 05-17-2017 at 05:41 PM.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Don't know where to post this, but Flynn pushed back against a plan to attack ISIS that Turkey opposed. You can't make this shit up.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...opposed-report
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Don't know where to post this, but Flynn pushed back against a plan to attack ISIS that Turkey opposed. You can't make this shit up.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...opposed-report
    Good to know his personal business dealings had nothing to do with our foreign policy decisions. I'm sure that's true of the president as well.