Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
    There are good reasons to get out of Syria completely, and inserting ourselves into the conflict is certainly worthy of criticism. But having already inserted ourselves, would you not agree that it is incumbent on us to withdraw in a manner that does not facilitate the mass genocide of our loyal allies?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I agree it’s this but it baffles me that we pull 50 troops out of one place and all the sudden there is genocide. Blood is on Trumps hands but it’s on the hands of the rest of the world. All of Western Europe could easily fill the void we left. So could japan and Korea and any other ally. Be here we are, the only country on the planet defending a small ethnic group in a foreign country half the world away. It’s like we are the only ones concerned that World War II could happen again.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      I agree it’s this but it baffles me that we pull 50 troops out of one place and all the sudden there is genocide. Blood is on Trumps hands but it’s on the hands of the rest of the world. All of Western Europe could easily fill the void we left. So could japan and Korea and any other ally. Be here we are, the only country on the planet defending a small ethnic group in a foreign country half the world away. It’s like we are the only ones concerned that World War II could happen again.
      Good grief. Maybe had Trump been a little more patient and deliberate about the process other arrangements could’ve been made.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

You don't understand why Turkey wouldn't want to attack the Kurds with 50 US troops standing in the way?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
          You don't understand why Turkey wouldn't want to attack the Kurds with 50 US troops standing in the way?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
          No, my point was that we are the only country defending the Kurds. The only one.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Good grief. Maybe had Trump been a little more patient and deliberate about the process other arrangements could’ve been made.
            Not my point. What trump did was wrong. Why are we the only ones there? Now Germany is calling Erdogan on the phone? Um, grow a spine and send troops.

Comment

Other foreign special forces were/are in the region in smaller numbers. You're really stuck on that point:

There are unconfirmed reports that French special operations forces, who are also in Syria working with the SDF, may have been closer to the position in question and that they may have suffered casualties.
              . https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...ttack-in-syria

The rest of the world did not enable this attack.

We agreed to take on this role for our benefit. It wasn't charity. Fighint ISIS was in our best interest.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Fox finally began acknowledging the problems in Syria when journalists were bombed. Before now, Syria was barely a blip under far, far more important stories like conspiracy theories involving Hunter Biden and AOC's haircut.

Turkish airstrikes in Syria reportedly target journalist convoy, civilians; at least 9 dead

https://www.foxnews.com/world/turkey...lians-targeted

EDIT: Nevermind. The story no longer rates on the front page of the app. Gotta make room for an illegal immigration fearmongering story and a video of a HS football player getting tackled by his teammates after going the wrong way.
                Last edited by LVAllen; 10-13-2019, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• LOL. Rand Paul turns The View into a sh*t storm... The finally have to cut off Paul by going to a "commercial break" and end the interview.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• So Paul claims that the Turks were coming anyway (and warned us they were coming)... If true, the Turks may have fired on and killed some of the 50 solders parked in the way. (They actually did fire on our troops even after Drumpf pulled them back.)

Rand Paul does not agree with sending troops to SA. Yeah, what the hell are we doing that for?
                    Last edited by Uncle Ted; 10-13-2019, 06:13 PM.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      LOL. Rand Paul turns The View into a sh*t storm... The finally have to cut off Paul by going to a "commercial break" and end the interview.

Ha, Paul is the only adult in that room educated enough to discuss the issue. Good for him.

Comment

• Looks like the Kurds are trying to form an alliance with Assad to stave off the Turks. That should end well.

https://www.deseret.com/2019/10/13/2...ter-us-pullout

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          LOL. Rand Paul turns The View into a sh*t storm... The finally have to cut off Paul by going to a "commercial break" and end the interview.

Discussing troop withdrawals with the ladies of The View. Is this real life?
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• My biggest takeaway from that video is that Whoopi in the bleached dreads looks like Rumpole of the Bailey.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              Discussing troop withdrawals with the ladies of The View. Is this real life?
                              Not to offend anyone on this board, but we are all about as equally qualified as Whoopi and the other Ladies on that show to discuss foreign policy and troop withdrawals.

Comment

• I know we shouldnt have to police the world. But we made promises to the kurds, and they faced danger on our behalf. It was fricken 1035 soldiers, we have 55K in Japan and 35K in Germany. Why couldn't we have reduced Japan and Germany by 500 each?

Comment

Working...
                                X