Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1681

Thread: Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Trump doesn't have as much of an angle on the electoral math as most seem to think he does. There really aren't any states the dems won last time where he has much of a shot outside of maybe a couple of small ones like NH. He won last time due to a slim margin (less than 1% each) across three states (MI, WI and PA) and can't afford to lose any of those. The polls in those haven't been very good for him so far but there is still plenty of time. Also, the polling in several important states he won last time that he needs again has been very tight (FL, AZ, etc.) He'll have to walk an electoral tightrope again. Could happen, but it's far from the done deal some think it is.
    Remind me again what all of those polls were saying in those states prior to the last election? We are all prepared to usher in a new era with our very first woman president.

This next election will all be about anger and hate.

The people who hate Trump versus the people who hate people who hate Trump.

The people who hate the people who hate Trump seem to be pretty energized in who they are voting for. I'm not sure I've seen much excitement from the Dems as far as wanting to vote FOR someone - they all just hate Trump and want to vote against him.

I'm convinced that you get a better angry election voter turnout when you've given people something to vote for versus when you've given them something to vote against. Who among the current Dem candidates generates excitement from people wanting to vote FOR them. Bernie has some - as he did last round. I don't think Warren or Biden generate excitement among voters. At least none I've seen.

It will be interesting, to be sure. And that's just the presidential election - the House and Senate seats up for election will also be interesting, in light of this. Who's going to lose their seat for voting for/against impeachment/removal? Both parties seem to think that this circus benefits them. I'm convinced they're both wrong.

Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    You channeling Kim Jong Un?
    Loose talk like "Gangster foreign policy" is why democrats may run into a Russian winter with this impeachment.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Loose talk like "Gangster foreign policy" is why democrats may run into a Russian winter with this impeachment.
    Dems getting in the gutter with Trump is not a good idea. If we didn't have so much at stake, the free-for-all fight would be amusing.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Dems getting in the gutter with Trump is not a good idea. If we didn't have so much at stake, the free-for-all fight would be amusing.
    I'm really tired of the democrats and their self-righteous bluster and virtue signaling. I got a belly full of piety at a young age. I can't stand it.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    But the senate won’t do anything so let’s wrap up this farce and remove this clown via the ballot box.
    According to Shiff... "The President's misconduct cannot be decided at the ballot box, for we cannot be assured that the vote will be fairly won."

Dems only believe Democracy works when a Dem wins the race.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    According to Shiff... "The President's misconduct cannot be decided at the ballot box, for we cannot be assured that the vote will be fairly won."

But Shiff has mastered the General Conference intonation.

--Jonathan Swift

It is quite amusing that prior to the '16 election the dems were outraged that Trump would not concede, prior to election day, that he would not contest the results of the election. The dems went on and on and on about how detrimental and dangerous this type of rhetoric was to our republic and electoral system.

Quote Originally Posted by imanihonjin View Post
    It is quite amusing that prior to the '16 election the dems were outraged that Trump would not concede, prior to election day, that he would not contest the results of the election. The dems went on and on and on about how detrimental and dangerous this type of rhetoric was to our republic and electoral system.
    Good memory. Do you also remember all the republicans who said they would don their 'muskets' if Hilary 'stole' the election? Maybe that had something to do with those proclamations...
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Good memory. Do you also remember all the republicans who said they would don their 'muskets' if Hilary 'stole' the election? Maybe that had something to do with those proclamations...
    Ah, so you acknowledge the hypocrisy of politics or maybe you contend that the statements made today by dems about fair elections are not hypocritical?

Ah, so you acknowledge the hypocrisy of politics or maybe you contend that the statements made today by dems about fair elections are not hypocritical?
    Just thought you'd accidentally left something out. Maybe it wasn't an accident...
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Remind me again what all of those polls were saying in those states prior to the last election? We are all prepared to usher in a new era with our very first woman president.
    Trump polls poorly, barely wins. Trump is polling much better, loses by a landslide. BlueK logic.

Good memory. Do you also remember all the republicans who said they would don their 'muskets' if Hilary 'stole' the election?
    I don't.

But this is what Mrs. Clinton said shortly after the third and final presidential debate:

“It was horrifying what he said,” Clinton told reporters, referring to her Republican opponent’s remark that he would keep the American public “in suspense” about whether he would question the outcome of a race that he says is rigged. “we are a country based on laws. And we’ve had hot, contested elections going back to the very beginning, but one of our hallmarks has always been that we accept the outcomes of our elections.”

America has “free and fair elections,” the Democratic nominee continued. “Somebody wins and somebody loses. So what he said tonight is part of his whole effort to blame somebody else for his campaign.”
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

“Somebody wins and somebody loses. So what he said tonight is part of his whole effort to blame somebody else for his campaign.”
    Oh my goodness, I think that's one of the funnier things I've read in a while. Right up there with all of the Trump tweets from 8 years ago blasting politicians for doing what he's doing now.

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Ahem...

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Just thought you'd accidentally left something out. Maybe it wasn't an accident...
    I see....you are defending the hypocrisy.

Trump polls poorly, barely wins. Trump is polling much better, loses by a landslide. BlueK logic.

I don't.

But this is what Mrs. Clinton said shortly after the third and final presidential debate:
    Yes, but some joe blow on twitter said he was going to get his musket if Hillary won.

I see....you are defending the hypocrisy.
    A little defensive, are you?

Pre-Historic Man

I'm really tired of the democrats and their self-righteous bluster and virtue signaling. I got a belly full of piety at a young age. I can't stand it.
    Virtue signaling is about all any of them do.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Ahem...

JL, regarding your sig, you think libertarians are the most self-righteous and sanctimonious people on the web? Really? That must be an old quote. It's just not true.

--Jonathan Swift

Social Distance Warrior swampfrog's Avatar

Ahem...

The Babylon Bee is often as fun as Titania McGrath. Sometimes surpasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post

This next election will all be about anger and hate.

The people who hate Trump versus the people who hate people who hate Trump.

The people who hate the people who hate Trump seem to be pretty energized in who they are voting for. I'm not sure I've seen much excitement from the Dems as far as wanting to vote FOR someone - they all just hate Trump and want to vote against him.

I'm convinced that you get a better angry election voter turnout when you've given people something to vote for versus when you've given them something to vote against. Who among the current Dem candidates generates excitement from people wanting to vote FOR them. Bernie has some - as he did last round. I don't think Warren or Biden generate excitement among voters. At least none I've seen.

It will be interesting, to be sure. And that's just the presidential election - the House and Senate seats up for election will also be interesting, in light of this. Who's going to lose their seat for voting for/against impeachment/removal? Both parties seem to think that this circus benefits them. I'm convinced they're both wrong.
    The polls in those states were showing Trump losing until about 2-3 days before and then started trending in his favor.

I don't.

Yeah, 40-45% approval where his numbers have lived for most of this presidency is rock solid. And I never said lose by a landslide, dipshit.

JL, regarding your sig, you think libertarians are the most self-righteous and sanctimonious people on the web? Really? That must be an old quote. It's just not true.
    It is a good-natured jab at our resident “libertarian”, whom I love.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Pre-Historic Man

I didn't know you cared. How thoughtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    I didn't know you cared. How thoughtful.
    Are you a libertarian or a "libertarian?"

Come'on JL, don't throw shade at the intellectual powerhouses leading the Libertarian Party:

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Come'on JL, don't throw shade at the intellectual powerhouses leading the Libertarian Party:

Feel the Johnson!

A little defensive, are you?
    Wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    [email protected] Even she is tired of Schiffhead's blabbering:

OMG... Schiffhead wants to put Sen. Feinstein in prison for walking out on his presentation:

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Was Schiff joking? If he's serious that's very odd.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Was Schiff joking? If he's serious that's very odd.

Yes he was joking. It was a playful way to remind them of the importance of their duty. And he didn't threaten. Classic twitter reporting, there.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock