No announcement yet.

Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the thread. Oh please let it be under.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      So JL thinks the republicans will impeach a president from their own party? That'll only happen if solid evidence ever comes out, which clearly hasn't happened yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      It wouldn't really take that many votes from the Republicans, assuming the dems all vote for it. It's not like the GOP has huge majorities.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
        It wouldn't really take that many votes from the Republicans, assuming the dems all vote for it. It's not like the GOP has huge majorities.
        I thought it took a 2/3rds vote rather than a simple majority... but of course given the path Drumpf is on maybe they will get it.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          I thought it took a 2/3rds vote rather than a simple majority... but of course given the path Drumpf is on maybe they will get it.
          majority in house to impeach, 2/3rds in senate to convict
          Last edited by BlueK; 05-17-2017, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            There will be more dirt. If his approval numbers stay this bad it's only a matter of time before his fate is pretty much sealed, IMO. The Republicans will make the political calculation that it's better to run away from him than lose the House and Senate in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
              There will be more dirt. If his approval numbers stay this bad it's only a matter of time before his fate is pretty much sealed, IMO. The Republicans will make the political calculation that it's better to run away from him than lose the House and Senate in 2018.
              But they will wait until the next election rather than impeach him in office.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                But they will wait until the next election rather than impeach him in office.
                It depends on what else gets revealed and how unpopular Trump gets, IMO. I don't think they want to go down with the ship. 2018 may even be way too late. They don't want to end up in the minority again.

Comment

The problem is that Trump is just dumber than sand. When somebody says to him, "oh you can't do that," that's his cue to double down on whatever ridiculous thing they're talking about. Him trying to get Comey to drop the Flynn investigation sounds 100% like Trump-- acting like that's a negotiation so he can salt away favor with Flynn for future use. Ryan and Chaffetz see the writing on the wall, hopefully, and this isn't just a ruse. I wonder if they each have had their own little illegal experiences that are now dawning on them and they're scared shitless just thinking "fuuuuu** this," playing ball before it's too late.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    He is the dumbest, most reckless president ever. We are in uncharted territory.
                    I don't think he is dumb, but he certainly is the most reckless.

The house wont act until it's clear they would not survive re-election. That territory is very well charted.

I'll take the over.
                    I intend to live forever.
                    So far, so good.
                    --Steven Wright

Comment

This man is sociopathic. If they move to impeach him, I wouldn't put it past him to Reichstag Fire his wife.
                      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I think this is good news and am relieved it is happening.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/17/politi...ler/index.html

Comment

Here's my concern about this move to impeach: I'm no attorney, but this doesn't sound like obstruction of justice, technically speaking, outside of maybe a claim that he was fired because he didn't stop the Flynn investigation? Is there any chance that the GOP will back a special counsel to look into this technical charge, find him innocent but maybe issue some sort of reprimand, and then walk away, satisfied they've investigated Trump? Trump gently asking Comey to stop investigating Flynn ranks so low on the list of stuff that is undoubtedly out there on this dirtbag.

On the positive side, any chance that Chaffetz' announcement stems from a desire to claim a shred of dignity and actually do his job, without any threat of reprisal? It would be nice to see him find a spine somewhere. Oh, and then he could maybe actually look at his daughter and wife again in the eye.

EDIT: just saw that the special counsel is going to look fully into Russian ties. That's good news.
                          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                            I think this is good news and am relieved it is happening.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/17/politi...ler/index.html
                            I am not so sure, Frank... Didn't Bush Jr appoint this guy back in the day? Anyone that Bush Jr approves of can't be good news. Hell, this Mueller guy might even be golfing buddies with Dick Chenney. Of course, that would be better than being hunting buddies with Dick Chenney.

Edit: He has Newt's endorsement... I feel better now.

Last edited by Uncle Ted; 05-17-2017, 05:41 PM.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Don't know where to post this, but Flynn pushed back against a plan to attack ISIS that Turkey opposed. You can't make this shit up.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...opposed-report

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                Don't know where to post this, but Flynn pushed back against a plan to attack ISIS that Turkey opposed. You can't make this shit up.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...opposed-report
                                Good to know his personal business dealings had nothing to do with our foreign policy decisions. I'm sure that's true of the president as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X