Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
    All these dems are so noble!
    Haha. On the one hand, I agree with NWC that they have a duty to check the President. On the other hand, some of these guys have been searching high and low for an opportunity to exercise that duty!
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      Spoiler alert. There will be 2, 3 senate republicans, tops, who will vote with democrats to impeach Trump. He's not going anywhere before 2020. This is all about doing the constitutionally mandated duty. Trump has done impeachable things, in spades. We would rightly be angry if congress didn't have impeachment hearings.
      Spoiler alert... there are democrats that are now against impeachment so it may not even go to the senate:

Democrat against impeachment calls out party for 'fracturing the nation' with investigation

Democratic New Jersey Rep. Jeff Van Drew attacked his own party for the current impeachment investigation going on in the House of Representatives, during an interview on Sunday Morning Futures With Maria Bartiromo.
      [...]
      "I just think we'll keep going down this road, keep spending more time. Many of us came to Congress because we really wanted to accomplish goals, really work on issues such as healthcare, work on issues dealing with prescription drugs, election security, the debt, the deficit — the list goes on," Van Drew explained.
      https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ce=Examiner%25

Besides, Graham says he is going to drop the FISA Abuse Report bomb On Dec. 9. After that one drops there may not be any democrats left that will want to vote. The rumors say that this report is over 500 pages. It should be good!
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
        What I find hilarious is that the GOP has chosen Devin Nunes and Gym Jordan to be the face of the party in this whole thing. What a couple of pathetic losers. Jordan has gone from protecting a shower masturbator to a much more unseemly wanker. You've chosen quite the tribe there Ted.
        Speaking of Nunes... The dude figured out a way that allows the GOP'ers to call their own witnesses:

Not bad for a bunch of wankers.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
          All these dems are so noble!
          Of course they're not pure. Some of them may be as corrupt as Trump himself. But that doesn't mean they aren't doing the right thing.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• This just out in the last few hours: After five days of impeachment hearings, independents are swinging against impeachment.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...ate-key-voters

I may have a one-track mind, but I blame Elizabeth Warren. Independent voters saw her Medicare for all proposal and said, shit, Trump is not worse than this.

There is a consensus emerging among democrats that Elizabeth Warren could take down the whole progressive movement.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/20/o...rren-2020.html
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
              This just out in the last few hours: After five days of impeachment hearings, independents are swinging against impeachment.

I may have a one-track mind, but I blame Elizabeth Warren. Independent voters saw her Medicare for all proposal and said, shit, Trump is not worse than this.

There is a consensus emerging among democrats that Elizabeth Warren could take down the whole progressive movement.

A takedown of the progressive movement would be fine by me.
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                A takedown of the progressive movement would be fine by me.
                Duh.
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

This just out in the last few hours: After five days of impeachment hearings, independents are swinging against impeachment.

When did you and Uncle Ted start hanging out?

Comment

• Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                    At least SU is posting links to reputable sources. Let's not discourage that behavior!
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                      Because I'm citing and linking Vanity Fair and the New York Times? Looks like you like many others have found a new religion. Not thinking or reading becomes a lifelong habit.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Warren's "Medicare for All" is nothing more than the other side of "Mexico will build the Wall". It can't be funded, and independents are smart enough to realize that and not be overly worried by it. I don't like Elizabeth Warren, but at least she's not dangerous to the democracy. She is infinitely better than what we have now, and I think moderates know that.
                        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Warren's "Medicare for All" is nothing more than the other side of "Mexico will build the Wall". It can't be funded, and independents are smart enough to realize that and not be overly worried by it. I don't like Elizabeth Warren, but at least she's not dangerous to the democracy. She is infinitely better than what we have now, and I think moderates know that.
                          It’s a couple of orders of magnitude more expensive than the wall. But I get the comparison about it being a unfulfillable campaign promise.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                            It’s a couple of orders of magnitude more expensive than the wall. But I get the comparison about it being a unfulfillable campaign promise.
                            Liz Warren is going to get Bill Gates to pay for it.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Elizabeth Warren is a deeply fraudulent politician. Harvard doesn't hire faculty who didn't attend Harvard, Yale, or maybe rarely Stanford or Columbia law--and was not a superstar student there. It certainly was an iron rule when she was hired. When she was at Harvard she was the only professor who graduated from a public school. And it was Rutgers, one of the worst, and with no honors. Her lie about Native American heritage was incredibly cynical and a but for cause of her even being hired at Harvard. Now she's basically saying whatever it takes to get elected. In her reptilian brain, it's "promise them free stuff we steal from rich people," that's the easiest way.

So as for who's more immoral or insane, I think she and Trump are comparable.
                              Last edited by SeattleUte; 11-22-2019, 01:53 PM.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Elizabeth Warren is a deeply fraudulent politician. Harvard doesn't hire faculty who didn't attend Harvard, Yale, or maybe rarely Stanford or Columbia law--and was not a superstar student there. It certainly was an iron rule when she was hired. When she was at Harvard she was the only professor who graduated from a public school. And it was Rutgers, one of the worst, and with no honors. Her lie about Native American heritage was incredibly cynical and a but for cause of her even being hired at Harvard. Now she's basically saying whatever it takes to get elected. In her reptilian brain, it's "promise them free stuff we steal from rich people," that's the easiest way.

So as for who's more immoral or insane, I think she and Trump are comparable.
                                Except she's selling it more as if she's promising them free stuff that the rich people stole from them that she's going to get back for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X