Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
    is seemingly complete.
    I read your post in Emperor Palpatine's voice.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
      Funk is demonstrating what I think is the actual long term negative effect of the trump tenure as president. Trump engenders such disgust that people can no longer distinguish between reasoned disagreements and disgusting people. There can be no question that Pence will say and seek to do many things that will upset the left. But he is not a disgusting and vile person. Before Trump, Biden could say Pence is a decent guy and no one would bat an eye. But now everyone is so worked up over everything, so immersed in chaos as the new normal, that they are unable to make that distinction; anyone who disagrees should be shamed, shouted at, ridiculed and treated like, well, like Trump. The long slide of american public discourse from dignity to indecency is seemingly complete.
      good post. I agree Pence is a decent guy. I would disagree with him on several political issues, but I think he would at least be a passably competent president at worst.

But Trump is an evil, disgusting person who is absurdly incompetent for his office on top of that. Forcibly separate young children from parents at the border for the "horrible" act of trying to enter the US in search of a better life? Reverse your previous statement and absolve the dictator of N. Korea of culpability for the horrible torture that led to a young American college student's life just because at the present it seems more politically convenient for you to stay in Kim's good graces because you need a personal foreign policy success? Sorry, that's evil.
      Last edited by BlueK; 03-01-2019, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          good post. I agree Pence is a decent guy. I would disagree with him on several political issues, but I think he would at least be a passably competent president at worst.

But Trump is an evil, disgusting person who is absurdly incompetent for his office on top of that. Forcibly separate young children from parents at the border for the "horrible" act of trying to enter the US in search of a better life? Reverse your previous statement and absolve the dictator of N. Korea of culpability for the horrible torture that led to a young American college student's life just because at the present it seems more politically convenient for you to stay in Kim's good graces because you need a personal foreign policy success? Sorry, that's evil.
          I agree Trump is an evil person. He is a horrible president. With the things that Pence has supported, I think he is also an evil person. Conversion therapy, the HIV epidemic in Indiana that he was slow to act on, the Syrian ban in Indiana, signing laws and supporting employment discrimination against homosexuals, etc. If Pence just was saying homosexual it is a sin and opposing gay marriage, I wouldn't call him an evil person. I'd disagree with him of course. Pence's record on LGBTQ issues is inconsistent with him being a decent guy.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
            Crap. That means my posts are as bad as a Lucas script.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
              I agree Trump is an evil person. He is a horrible president. With the things that Pence has supported, I think he is also an evil person. Conversion therapy, the HIV epidemic in Indiana that he was slow to act on, the Syrian ban in Indiana, signing laws and supporting employment discrimination against homosexuals, etc. If Pence just was saying homosexual it is a sin and opposing gay marriage, I wouldn't call him an evil person. I'd disagree with him of course. Pence's record on LGBTQ issues is inconsistent with him being a decent guy.
              Pence is less likely to sell out our allies and take instruction from Moscow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                OK, what is the over/under on when this happens? I say 12 months into his term. Max.
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                  Strategy. She probably realizes that Trump is destroying the Republican party so may as well let him hang around and do his damage. Not give him martyr status.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Strategy. She probably realizes that Trump is destroying the Republican party so may as well let him hang around and do his damage. Not give him martyr status.
                    An impeachment hearing would require proof of collusion (e.g. treason), which Pelosi wouldn't ignore if she had it. Absent proof, innuendo will continue to keep the Resistance fires burning.
                    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

An impeachment hearing would require proof of collusion (e.g. treason).
                      no it wouldn’t
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

An impeachment hearing would require proof of collusion (e.g. treason), which Pelosi wouldn't ignore if she had it. Absent proof, innuendo will continue to keep the Resistance fires burning.
                        So collusion is the only thing that can impeach Trump? I agree that evidence of collusion would be enough to impeach, but my guess is that there are other impeachment possibilities. Is Pelosi is basing her opinion on Trumps potential impeachment on lack of collusion evidence? Possible I guess, but I don't find that argument overly persuasive. Politicians in general don't love impeachment (at least the self aware ones don't)..."there but for the grace of god go I"
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

She pretty much states that right before she's asked about impeachment.

Do you feel that he has done anything that has been good for America?

He’s been a great organizer for Democrats, a great fundraiser for Democrats and a great mobilizer at the grass-roots level for Democrats. [Laughs.] And I think that’s good for America.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                            So collusion is the only thing that can impeach Trump?
                            I guess they could impeach him for lying to Congress about having sex with an intern, but pretty sure that's not the red meat that Maddow, frank, BlueK, et al are looking for.

Look, I think we need to entertain the very real possibility that Pelosi is working for Putin now.

Comment

I guess they could impeach him for lying to Congress about having sex with an intern, but pretty sure that's not the red meat that Maddow, frank, BlueK, et al are looking for.

Look, I think we need to entertain the very real possibility that Pelosi is working for Putin now.

I think Pelosi's strategy makes a lot of sense.

And it doesn't change the fact that Trump is garbage.
                              Last edited by BlueK; 03-11-2019, 08:44 PM.

Comment

keep going bud
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X