No announcement yet.

Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for sharing that single person's opinion on the impeachment process.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Thanks for sharing that single person's opinion on the impeachment process.
      You didn’t read the comments? There are at least two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

He's run out of articles to link and will now start posting tweets and posts from any random people.
        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
          He's run out of articles to link and will now start posting tweets and posts from any random people.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• "once more for the record: Trump withheld U.S. aid to Ukraine in order to extort Ukraine’s president into helping smear Joe Biden, Trump’s political rival. That’s it. Game over. Everything else — how it served Vladimir Putin’s interests in undermining Ukraine and deflecting Russian guilt for hacking the 2016 U.S. election — no matter how damning it may be, is just treasonous icing on the impeachable cake.

The U.S. eventually released the aid, which the White House had no authority to delay, only after the whistleblower blew the whistle. This is not a defense. There’s no such thing as “attempted extortion.” The threat is the crime, regardless of whether it was successful. This wasn’t diplomatic hardball, or anything between nations. It was Trump abusing the authority of the United States to help his reelection.

This may still sound like small potatoes, even if it’s a greater offense than, say, what President Nixon did leading to his resignation over Watergate. Is it really worth impeaching a president over shaking down a country most Americans can’t find on a map?

First, finding things on a map is fine, but Trump seems to care an awful lot about Ukraine, so Americans should too. He had Rudy Giuliani running a shadow foreign office in Ukraine, one dedicated to private profit, not the national interest.

Trump’s actions are not a borderline impeachment case. They are exactly what the American Founding Fathers warned against when they debated including impeachment in the Constitution they were writing."

https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/...s6q-story.html

Comment

• shorter BlueK: "The walls are closing in."
              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

313k followers. He's not just some guy.
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• lol game over. No wonder the WH and the DOS forbade Sondland to testify.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Meh. I stopped following the impeachment closely. It is obvious that the republican hacks in the senate will not vote to impeach regardless of what evidence comes out. He could shoot someone on 5th avenue and they would argue that the person deserved it or that it was self defense or something.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                      "once more for the record: Trump withheld U.S. aid to Ukraine in order to extort Ukraine’s president into helping smear Joe Biden, Trump’s political rival. That’s it. Game over. Everything else — how it served Vladimir Putin’s interests in undermining Ukraine and deflecting Russian guilt for hacking the 2016 U.S. election — no matter how damning it may be, is just treasonous icing on the impeachable cake.

The U.S. eventually released the aid, which the White House had no authority to delay, only after the whistleblower blew the whistle. This is not a defense. There’s no such thing as “attempted extortion.” The threat is the crime, regardless of whether it was successful. This wasn’t diplomatic hardball, or anything between nations. It was Trump abusing the authority of the United States to help his reelection.

This may still sound like small potatoes, even if it’s a greater offense than, say, what President Nixon did leading to his resignation over Watergate. Is it really worth impeaching a president over shaking down a country most Americans can’t find on a map?

First, finding things on a map is fine, but Trump seems to care an awful lot about Ukraine, so Americans should too. He had Rudy Giuliani running a shadow foreign office in Ukraine, one dedicated to private profit, not the national interest.

Trump’s actions are not a borderline impeachment case. They are exactly what the American Founding Fathers warned against when they debated including impeachment in the Constitution they were writing."

https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/...s6q-story.html
                      This isn't true. If it were true, Obama and several prior Presidents would be subject to impeachment on the same grounds. The problem was the reason why the aid was delayed, not the threat to withhold aid. That happens all the time and is a standard part of foreign policy with which the President holds a vast amount of discretion.

Comment

• The funny part that I hadn't even realized is that the call between Trump and the president of Ukraine was this monumental, long-anticipated event-- not a spontaneous happening-- and the moron loudly brings up the Biden stuff. If he had even a modicum of discretion or half a brain he would have totally gotten away with everything.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                          lol game over. No wonder the WH and the DOS forbade Sondland to testify.
                          Game over? The game has been over and determined since before this process started. It's an election year. The GOP will just use it as a cover and say "the country will decide, not the House." He won't be removed from office.

Everyone knows Trump is awful. It's an election year. The people who hate him can vote him out. I don't know what the democrats can gain from this other than the self satisfaction that they voted to impeach. But they are still putting up terrible presidential candidates against someone who should be easily beat. Jokers to the left me ...

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                            Game over? The game has been over and determined since before this process started. It's an election year. The GOP will just use it as a cover and say "the country will decide, not the House." He won't be removed from office.

Everyone knows Trump is awful. It's an election year. The people who hate him can vote him out. I don't know what the democrats can gain from this other than the self satisfaction that they voted to impeach. But they are still putting up terrible presidential candidates against someone who should be easily beat. Jokers to the left me ...
                            Mind you I am just as cynical as you and JL. I just think this is so funny-- there is SO little wiggle room left, and the silence from the usual suspects is deafening right now, but rest assured they'll come up with something...

Also, I'm less cynical about the Democratic candidates. This is par for the course for any nomination process. You have candidates who all have their pet issues, and its up to the party and the final nominee to coalesce these into a digestible platform. Hilary got the popular vote, for Pete's sake, even before we had an idea of how big of a buffoon he is...

*Clowns to the left of me..
                            Last edited by Commando; 11-20-2019, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• LMAO. So.. This just happened:

Sharpie-man strikes again.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                                LMAO. So.. This just happened:

Sharpie-man strikes again.
                                lol- what is the point of this little rant? I think this falls under 'too little too late.'

Comment

Working...
                                X