No announcement yet.

Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Trump asked Whitaker to put a friendly US attorney in charge of the Cohen investigation? Sounds like obstruction.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      So Trump asked Whitaker to put a friendly US attorney in charge of the Cohen investigation? Sounds like obstruction.
      It's not obstruction because it's just Trump being Trump.

Comment

So Trump asked Whitaker to put a friendly US attorney in charge of the Cohen investigation? Sounds like obstruction.

OMG... that SoB Whitaker lied his ass off right in front of congress!:

At a congressional hearing earlier this month, Whitaker told lawmakers, “At no time has the White House asked for, nor have I provided, any promises or commitments concerning the special counsel’s investigation or any other investigation.”

The New York Times anecdote has not been independently corroborated by The Washington Post. But if it’s true, Democrats will surely argue that Whitaker lied under oath.
        https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.c80074f6b494

He should share a cell with that other grumpy SoB that lied to congress.... These people are just mocking congress and making them look like a house of fools.

Lock them up!
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I don't want Trump impeached, Pence may actually be one of the few people that would be worse than Trump in office. I'd really like to see Roger Stone in prison.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
            I don't want Trump impeached, Pence may actually be one of the few people that would be worse than Trump in office. I'd really like to see Roger Stone in prison.
            The judge needs to revoke Stone's bail after he sent out that tweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
              The judge needs to revoke Stone's bail after he sent out that tweet.
              I honestly think a psyche eval is in order. And I would like to think that Stone did that by design- you may not agree with anything about him, but he's certainly not that stupid.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I don't want Trump impeached, Pence may actually be one of the few people that would be worse than Trump in office. I'd really like to see Roger Stone in prison.
                I get your perspective but if Pence can agree not to pass on secrets to Putin and do all he can to advance Russian interests, he’d be an improvement.

Comment

I get your perspective but if Pence can agree not to pass on secrets to Putin and do all he can to advance Russian interests, he’d be an improvement.
                  Pence in the Oval Office means a new cabinet, which means that Stephen Miller is out and that somebody from an ABA approved law school can be the AG.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

That's funny, funk.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      OMG... that SoB Whitaker lied his ass off right in front of congress!:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.c80074f6b494

He should share a cell with that other grumpy SoB that lied to congress.... These people are just mocking congress and making them look like a house of fools.

Lock them up!
                      Trump could have requested a favorable attorney, but as long as:

-he didn't ask for a commitment from Whitaker
                      -Whitaker didn't provide a commitment

then Whitaker didn't lie (based on what was quoted).
                      Last edited by Pelado; 02-20-2019, 01:58 PM.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Comparing the two and guessing what some of the issues you might care about are, I don't know where you would see Pence being worse.

LGBT issues: about the same

Gender issues; about the same

Race: Pence less racist

economics: Pence probably better -- I don't think he's a tariffs guy. Probably would care a little more about the deficit.

immigration: Pence still pretty hardcore, but not cruel enough to separate children from parents.

Foreign policy: i don't think he's such a fan of Putin, Probably slower to get us out of Syria, but then again, Trump still has us there anyway despite what he said a few months ago. Way better with traditional allies we should be friends with like Canada, the UK, Germany, etc.

Corruption in cabinet/competence around him: Pence can't possibly be worse. Probably huge improvement. I don't think he'll hire his kids as senior advisers or pretend they are good enough to usher in middle east peace.

Corruption in general/making decisions based on personal business interests: huge improvement

I could probably come up with more.
                        Last edited by BlueK; 02-20-2019, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                          Comparing the two and guessing what some of the issues you might care about are, I don't know where you would see Pence being worse.

LGBT issues: about the same

Gender issues; about the same

Race: Pence less racist

economics: Pence probably better -- I don't think he's a tariffs guy. Probably would care a little more about the deficit.

immigration: Pence still pretty hardcore, but not cruel enough to separate children from parents.

Foreign policy: i don't think he's such a fan of Putin, Probably slower to get us out of Syria, but then again, Trump still has us there anyway despite what he said a few months ago. Way better with traditional allies we should be friends with like Canada, the UK, Germany, etc.

Corruption in cabinet/competence around him: Pence can't possibly be worse. Probably huge improvement. I don't think he'll hire his kids as senior advisers or pretend they are good enough to usher in middle east peace.

Corruption in general/making decisions based on personal business interests: huge improvement

I could probably come up with more.
                          This is the guy that tried to ban Syrian refugees from coming to Indiana (Unconstitutionally). I'd say he's a wash in the Race/Immigration department.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                            This is the guy that tried to ban Syrian refugees from coming to Indiana (Unconstitutionally). I'd say he's a wash in the Race/Immigration department.
                            Pence is substantially worse than Trump on LGBTQ issues, just look at his record. Trump is bad, Pence has advocated hard for discrimination including housing and employment discrimination.

Gender is a mixed bag. Pence has sexually abused women, so he has that on Trump but he is still a substantial threat to women's rights.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Pence is substantially worse than Trump on LGBTQ issues, just look at his record. Trump is bad, Pence has advocated hard for discrimination including housing and employment discrimination.

Gender is a mixed bag. Pence has sexually abused women, so he has that on Trump but he is still a substantial threat to women's rights.
                              Not sure I've heard about Pence's sexual abuse victims. When you say "he has that on Trump", please explain your logic.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                                Not sure I've heard about Pence's sexual abuse victims. When you say "he has that on Trump", please explain your logic.
                                I figure he must have meant Pence has never sexually assaulted women. At least then his comment makes sense.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X