Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
    Which republican senators might flip and vote for conviction? 48 dems. Mitt, Collins. They'll need 16 more.
    At this point it's very unlikely, but who knows how this will unfold and what else will come out. Also, public opinion will come into play as well.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
      Which republican senators might flip and vote for conviction? 48 dems. Mitt, Collins. They'll need 16 more.
      Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      At this point it's very unlikely, but who knows how this will unfold and what else will come out. Also, public opinion will come into play as well.
      Ha. So now there is direct evidence of political quidditch pro quo. Republicans need a plan B. And they need to be pushing for a fast impeachment and trial.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        Ha. So now there is direct evidence of political quidditch pro quo. Republicans need a plan B. And they need to be pushing for a fast impeachment and trial.
        That would make sense to me. Do something, and do it quickly.

Et tu, Mike?

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          True. The testimony today was not good.

Had no idea you were a Potter head.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post

Had no idea you were a Potter head.
            I’m not. Apparently my iPhone doesn’t speak Latin.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• How did Rudy Giuliani go from being the awesome prosecutor mythologized as having ended organized and white collar crime in New York, and the NYC beloved mayor mythologized as having ended street crime and became a presidential front runner as the valiant 9/11 mayor, to the the most notoriously bad lawyer of all time.

It’s a cautionary tale about trying to stay relevant after you’re 75.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Yeah, really bad day for Orange Julius. I guess the quid pro quo thing is settled now.

I was curious how Fox News would deal with this, so I switched it over and we listened to Sean Hannity blast Romney for 10-15 minutes. There you go - divert attention by demonizing someone. Reminded me of Uncle Ted.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  So secret hearings in the basement of the capital are now public? Link to the transcripts please?

And what was Rep Jordon bitching about today?
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    So secret hearings in the basement of the capital are now public? Link to the transcripts please?

True, it wasn't the transcript of testimony, it was the opening statement that William Taylor gave, a copy of which was published. Not good stuff for Trump.
                    https://apnews.com/3769e350fd334a6287474ad82042b4e5
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Yeah, really bad day for Orange Julius. I guess the quid pro quo thing is settled now.

I was curious how Fox News would deal with this, so I switched it over and we listened to Sean Hannity blast Romney for 10-15 minutes. There you go - divert attention by demonizing someone. Reminded me of Uncle Ted.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        True, it wasn't the transcript of testimony, it was the opening statement that William Taylor gave, a copy of which was published. Not good stuff for Trump.
                        https://apnews.com/3769e350fd334a6287474ad82042b4e5
                        Exactly. This process argument by Repubs and dumbdumb Jim Jordan is a lie. Most of the info is coming from the public statements by those being deposed. And even if info is coming from the closed hearings, the Dems are in the same room. If the info is incorrect, why aren't they correcting it, or at least leaking info that would be favorable to Trump? I think we know the answer to that.

You gotta ask yourself, if your best, most ardent defenders are a clown show of Jim Jordan, Devin Nunes, Hannity and the rest of the Fox Bozos, should you really stick around to see how this ends? Especially if you go into work everyday and Stephen Miller is occupying one of the desks.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                          Exactly. This process argument by Repubs and dumbdumb Jim Jordan is a lie. Most of the info is coming from the public statements by those being deposed. And even if info is coming from the closed hearings, the Dems are in the same room. If the info is incorrect, why aren't they correcting it, or at least leaking info that would be favorable to Trump? I think we know the answer to that.

You gotta ask yourself, if your best, most ardent defenders are a clown show of Jim Jordan, Devin Nunes, Hannity and the rest of the Fox Bozos, should you really stick around to see how this ends? Especially if you go into work everyday and Stephen Miller is occupying one of the desks.

Hmm... sounds like hearsay to me. I thought the lawyers on this board were smarter than this.

In his opening statement, Taylor said Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, told him that “everything” — including military assistance to Ukraine and a meeting between Trump and the Ukrainian leader — was contingent on the Ukrainians publicly announcing investigations into Trump’s political opponents. He told impeachment investigators that a White House budget official said on a secure phone call in July that Trump had personally directed that the military aid be withheld.

“It is a rancorous story about whistle-blowers, Mr. Giuliani, side channels, quid pro quos, corruption and interference in elections,” Taylor said, referring to Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, who was deeply involved in the shadow effort.

Taylor also testified that Sondland said Trump personally told him that he wanted Ukraine to “state publicly” that it would open such probes, before the U.S. would release the aid, which is viewed as critical for combating Russia’s aggression in the region. Taylor repeatedly underscored the damage that even a temporary hold on the aid had done to the U.S.-Ukraine relationship, at a time when the budding democracy was resisting an advance by Russian forces and fighting corruption at the highest levels of the government.

Ambassador Sondland tried to explain to me that President Trump is a businessman. When a businessman is about to sign a check to someone who owes him something, he said, the businessman asks that person to pay up before signing the check,” Taylor said, according to his opening statement.
                          https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...y-trump-054259

The Dems need to get this Sondland guy to testify and in public.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Hmm... sounds like hearsay to me. I thought the lawyers on this board were smarter than this.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...y-trump-054259

The Dems need to get this Sondland guy to testify and in public.
                            Don't worry, he'll testify in public soon enough.

Comment

• Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                                lmao!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X