Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Yeah, I would vote for her. But none of us will ever get the chance. She is too moderate.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Look at this dingbat. This letter is an impeachable offense. I'm surprised a barred attorney would put his license on the line to sign this POS.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...peachment.html
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Yeah, I would vote for her. But none of us will ever get the chance. She is too moderate.
    It drives me nuts that the Democrats aren't focusing on what is important here, putting forth a candidate that can beat Trump. Get someone moderate. Get someone that more people can get behind. Win the damn election, that is what matters. You put forth an un-electable candidate last time and gave us 4 years of Trump. Don't do it again.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

So Biden gave a big speech stating that Drumpf needs to be impeach:

"Donald Trump has violated his oath of office, betrayed this nation and committed impeachable acts," Biden told a crowd of supporters in Rochester, N.H. "To preserve our Constitution, our democracy, our basic integrity, he should be impeached."

"That's not only because of what he's done. The answer to whether he has committed acts sufficient toward impeachment is obvious," he continued.

"We see it in Trump's own words. We see it in the texts from State Department officials that have been made public. We see it in his pulling much of the United States government into his corrupt schemes, individuals within the government, his appointees," Biden said. "We have to remember that impeachment isn't only about what the president has done. It's about the threat the president poses to the nation."
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...d-be-impeached

Biden says that what Drumpf has done is obvious... Why is Pelosi wasting time? Y'all need to call your Dems in the house. Tell them Joe said it was "obvious" and so they need to get on with the vote. We are wasting precious time that Pence could have been in the White House.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    It drives me nuts that the Democrats aren't focusing on what is important here, putting forth a candidate that can beat Trump. Get someone moderate. Get someone that more people can get behind. Win the damn election, that is what matters. You put forth an un-electable candidate last time and gave us 4 years of Trump. Don't do it again.
    Tulsi is a shitty candidate.

Regardless of whom the democrats select, there is no valid excuse for voting for Trump this around.

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post

Regardless of whom the democrats select, there is no valid excuse for voting for Trump this around.
    A lot of people on this board didn't vote for Trump the first time around...

I disagree with both statements. More the first than the second, but there are very few things in life that are absolute and you should never underestimate the capacity of politicians to disappoint you.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    A lot of people on this board didn't vote for Trump the first time around...
    Yes and every time they say this I am humbled by their clear impartiality on the discussion at hand.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Yes and every time they say this I am humbled by their clear impartiality on the discussion at hand.
    Well at least something humbles you. Good to know it is possible, at least.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Democrats seem convinced that Trump couldn't possibly win and that anyone can beat him. I'm afraid they will fall into the same trap as last time - where all of their polling says that they could've rolled out a dead cat and it would beat Trump and no one knew of any Trump voters - but somehow he won anyway.

I could see myself voting for the right Dem candidate. I know I'm in Utah, so it might not matter. But I could see myself doing it. I'm afraid that the Dems are just going to move further left with their candidate though, and leave me with no one to vote for.

It's tempting to ignore Trump’s unhinged letter to Congress. But this is different.

The president is asserting autocratic authority to ignore the people’s elected representatives and the Constitution that governs them. This is a new stage in an already dangerous presidency.

The letter, astonishingly signed by an individual with a law degree, White House counsel Pat Cipollone, declares that the president will cooperate in no way with the House’s impeachment inquiry. It follows a White House order that a key executive branch witness may not testify before Congress. “You seek to overturn the results of the 2016 election and deprive the American people of the President they have freely chosen,” Mr. Cipollone fumes. “The President cannot allow your constitutionally illegitimate proceedings to distract him and those in the Executive Branch.”

. . . . . . . . .

“Bananas”; “a barely-lawyered temper tantrum”; “pure hackery”: These are just some of the words that Republican lawyers have used to describe Mr. Cipollone’s screed.
    I don't understand why people freely take on the Trump stink. Do they have no other options? Their support will follow them for the rest of their lives. As many have already said, history will not be kind to them.
    Last edited by myboynoah; 10-10-2019 at 06:18 AM.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    It's tempting to ignore Trump’s unhinged letter to Congress. But this is different.

I don't understand why people freely take on the Trump stink. Do they have no other options? Their support will follow them for the rest of their lives. As many have already said, history will not be kind to them.
    The same reason people appease a communistic government that kills its own people and imprisons religious minorities
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    The same reason people appease a communistic government that kills its own people and imprisons religious minorities
    Seriously? The USG doesn't pay well at all. And Trump is notorious for not paying his own lawyers.

And I think fear drives appeasement under autocratic rule a lot more than money.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

So is Trump allowed to just refuse to cooperate with the impeachment inquiry? I didn’t realize that’s optional.

I don't understand why people freely take on the Trump stink.
    I'm confused about this as well. I hear people who didn't even vote for Trump passionately defend him now. Are they just arguing from a clannish perspective? "Trump's our devil now, and we will defend him to the death." The same people pooh-poohing Trump before the election. Or do they feel that acknowledging even one Trump misstep will cause the Liberals to win? I'm not talking about anyone in particular on CS, I'm talking about die hard republicans in my city and my ward. The same people who called McCain a rhino and have now switched to calling Mitt a rhino won't even consider that some of Trump's decisions in office place him squarely in the rhino pen. And they will support a conservative idiot in all his glory rather than acknowledge that sometimes the left does have some good points.
    Last edited by Katy Lied; 10-10-2019 at 08:14 AM.

Tribalism.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

So is Trump allowed to just refuse to cooperate with the impeachment inquiry? I didn’t realize that’s optional.
    I guess when they say he “refuses to cooperate” he doesn’t just resign as president. They don’t have enough evidence/representatives to even bring impeachment to a vote in the house other than the republican in the senate from Utah that agrees with them because his feelings were hurt by that mean Drumpf. If the evidence was as Joe Biden said (“obvious”) then they would call for a vote.

Come on you Dems... keep digging! That sh*t poster has to have some dirt somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    I'm confused about this as well. I hear people who didn't even vote for Trump passionately defend him now. Are they just arguing from a clannish perspective? "Trump's our devil now, and we will defend him to the death." The same people pooh-poohing Trump before the election. Or do they feel that acknowledging even one Trump misstep will cause the Liberals to win? I'm not talking about anyone in particular on CS, I'm talking about die hard republicans in my city and my ward. The same people who called McCain a rhino and have now switched to calling Mitt a rhino won't even consider that some of Trump's decisions in office place him squarely in the rhino pen. And they will support a conservative idiot in all his glory rather than acknowledge that sometimes the left does have some good points.
    "It's the economy, stupid." People are fat and happy so, of course, they like Drumpf. I think a lot folks that voted for Drumpf are coming out of the closet.

My ward has a large percentage of Dems. They are funny people and I love them. One Sunday a lady had to speak to the Bishop because their was a car in the parking lot that had a "Trump MAGA" bumper sticker. She couldn't believe that any member in good standing would vote for that man. (No, Frank... that wasn't my car.)
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar

It’s a Fox News poll, being reported by MSNBC. I have no idea what to think about that.

It’s like Bill Riley quoting Greg Wrubell on an unflattering stat about Utah.

You need to become a student of the teachings of the Wu-Tang Clan
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.

I still have mixed feelings about a Trump impeachment when it means President Pence.
    --SeattleUte

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    It’s a Fox News poll, being reported by MSNBC. I have no idea what to think about that.

Isn't it like Greg Wrubell quoting Bill Riley on an unflattering stat about Utah?
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Princeps Inter Pares

What are they gonna do? Impeach him?
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    What are they gonna do? Impeach him?
    That seems to be the game of chicken that is at work.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar

Watching this "Constitutional crisis" between Trump and the House gives me feelings reminiscent of following the Iran-Iraq war in the eighties.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Watching this "Constitutional crisis" between Trump and the House gives me feelings reminiscent of following the Iran-Iraq war in the eighties.
    Reminds me of watergate when Nixon was firing the attorney general for investigating him.

It is in Fox's best interest to selectively poll people who are going to create poll numbers that drive viewership. Fox viewers aren't tuning in if 60% of people polled think Trump is going great. But tell them more than half of the country thinks he should be impeached and removed from office? You've got their attention and viewership. And a ton of material for the bantering talking heads to discuss as they assuage the viewer's concerns.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Student View Post
    Isn't it like Greg Wrubell quoting Bill Riley on an unflattering stat about Utah?
    I was gonna say It's like Bill Riley quoting Greg Wrubell on an unflattering stat about BYU.

I still have mixed feelings about a Trump impeachment when it means President Pence.
    I thought Frank said that anyone would be better than Drumpf.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!