Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    He says so in his 'explanation.'
    I just read it again. What am I missing? He suggested, and the video bears it out, that the Nathan Phillips "waded into the crowd, which parted for him. I did not see anyone try to block his path. He locked eyes with me and approached me, coming within inches of my face."

and later in his statement:

"I believed that by remaining motionless and calm..."

Phillips targeted him specifically. This is the behavior of a bully. When confronted he does exactly as instructed by anto-bullying literature:

"
    Stand tall and be brave. When you're scared of another person, you're probably not feeling your bravest. But sometimes just acting brave is enough to stop a bully. How does a brave person look and act? Stand tall and you'll send the message: "Don't mess with me." It's easier to feel brave when you feel good about yourself."

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
      I just read it again. What am I missing? He suggested, and the video bears it out, that the Nathan Phillips "waded into the crowd, which parted for him. I did not see anyone try to block his path. He locked eyes with me and approached me, coming within inches of my face."

and later in his statement:

"I believed that by remaining motionless and calm..."

Phillips targeted him specifically. This is the behavior of a bully. When confronted he does exactly as instructed by anto-bullying literature:

"
      Stand tall and be brave. When you're scared of another person, you're probably not feeling your bravest. But sometimes just acting brave is enough to stop a bully. How does a brave person look and act? Stand tall and you'll send the message: "Don't mess with me." It's easier to feel brave when you feel good about yourself."
      He stood his ground against a Native elder performing a blessing of peace ritual on his drum? Sure wish I could give that kid a hearty clap on the back for this fine act of bravery!
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

He stood his ground against a Native elder performing a blessing of peace ritual on his drum? Sure wish I could give that kid a hearty clap on the back for this fine act of bravery!
        Is it normal for a Native elder to walk right up to a kid's face he doesn't know, nearly resting his drum on his shoulder and chant the blessing from that location? I'm completely uninformed on the protocol of these rituals. Please provide additional documentation, I will be happy to update my perception of the incident.

Comment

Maybe not. I don't think I'm a particularly good person, though. And I really do hate them.
          Dude, maybe you outta see a shrink?

Just a helpful suggestion...

Comment

Uh, that's what you say the old guy was doing? [emoji849]
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• ha. “we, a bunch of white private school attending dudes in maga hats, were certainly not looking for a confrontation and we got bullied!!” there’s nothing wrong with looking for confrontation, and most of us did far dumber stuff as teenagers. but you don’t do that unless you’re looking to troll folks. who cares about this? the victimization of the white american male is a myth.
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                Uh, that's what you say the old guy was doing? [emoji849]
                Ageist!
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                  Dude, maybe you outta see a shrink?

Just a helpful suggestion...
                  If you think you're a good person maybe you're the one who needs to see a shrink.

Just a helpful suggestion.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    ha. “we, a bunch of white private school attending dudes in maga hats, were certainly not looking for a confrontation and we got bullied!!” there’s nothing wrong with looking for confrontation, and most of us did far dumber stuff as teenagers. but you don’t do that unless you’re looking to troll folks. who cares about this? the victimization of the white american male is a myth.

Comment

If you think you're a good person maybe you're the one who needs to see a shrink.

Just a helpful suggestion.
                      Damn dude! That's a pretty bleak outlook.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
                        Is it normal for a Native elder to walk right up to a kid's face he doesn't know, nearly resting his drum on his shoulder and chant the blessing from that location? I'm completely uninformed on the protocol of these rituals. Please provide additional documentation, I will be happy to update my perception of the incident.
                        I'm not too interested in your perception. I gave my take and you felt the need to challenge it for your own reasons. Go in peace.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          Damn dude! That's a pretty bleak outlook.
                          And... the whole premise of the Church? Not that bleak. You might say it's cynical, but it's nothing I'd say unless I was just told to go see a shrink by somebody who is mad at my anonymous internet views.

Comment

I'm not too interested in your perception. I gave my take and you felt the need to challenge it for your own reasons. Go in peace.
                            Fair enough, and likewise.

Comment

• Commando has done some very kind and generous things. I thinks he is a good person.

Comment

• Interesting that the twitter account that was trying to fan the flames on the incident was coming from somewhere in Brazil.

Comment

Working...
                                X