Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    Trump doesn't have as much of an angle on the electoral math as most seem to think he does. There really aren't any states the dems won last time where he has much of a shot outside of maybe a couple of small ones like NH. He won last time due to a slim margin (less than 1% each) across three states (MI, WI and PA) and can't afford to lose any of those. The polls in those haven't been very good for him so far but there is still plenty of time. Also, the polling in several important states he won last time that he needs again has been very tight (FL, AZ, etc.) He'll have to walk an electoral tightrope again. Could happen, but it's far from the done deal some think it is.
    Remind me again what all of those polls were saying in those states prior to the last election? We are all prepared to usher in a new era with our very first woman president.

This next election will all be about anger and hate.

The people who hate Trump versus the people who hate people who hate Trump.

The people who hate the people who hate Trump seem to be pretty energized in who they are voting for. I'm not sure I've seen much excitement from the Dems as far as wanting to vote FOR someone - they all just hate Trump and want to vote against him.

I'm convinced that you get a better angry election voter turnout when you've given people something to vote for versus when you've given them something to vote against. Who among the current Dem candidates generates excitement from people wanting to vote FOR them. Bernie has some - as he did last round. I don't think Warren or Biden generate excitement among voters. At least none I've seen.

It will be interesting, to be sure. And that's just the presidential election - the House and Senate seats up for election will also be interesting, in light of this. Who's going to lose their seat for voting for/against impeachment/removal? Both parties seem to think that this circus benefits them. I'm convinced they're both wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
      You channeling Kim Jong Un?
      Loose talk like "Gangster foreign policy" is why democrats may run into a Russian winter with this impeachment.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        Loose talk like "Gangster foreign policy" is why democrats may run into a Russian winter with this impeachment.
        Dems getting in the gutter with Trump is not a good idea. If we didn't have so much at stake, the free-for-all fight would be amusing.
        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
          Dems getting in the gutter with Trump is not a good idea. If we didn't have so much at stake, the free-for-all fight would be amusing.
          I'm really tired of the democrats and their self-righteous bluster and virtue signaling. I got a belly full of piety at a young age. I can't stand it.
          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            But the senate won’t do anything so let’s wrap up this farce and remove this clown via the ballot box.
            According to Shiff... "The President's misconduct cannot be decided at the ballot box, for we cannot be assured that the vote will be fairly won."

Dems only believe Democracy works when a Dem wins the race.
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
              According to Shiff... "The President's misconduct cannot be decided at the ballot box, for we cannot be assured that the vote will be fairly won."

But Shiff has mastered the General Conference intonation.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

It is quite amusing that prior to the '16 election the dems were outraged that Trump would not concede, prior to election day, that he would not contest the results of the election. The dems went on and on and on about how detrimental and dangerous this type of rhetoric was to our republic and electoral system.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                  It is quite amusing that prior to the '16 election the dems were outraged that Trump would not concede, prior to election day, that he would not contest the results of the election. The dems went on and on and on about how detrimental and dangerous this type of rhetoric was to our republic and electoral system.
                  Good memory. Do you also remember all the republicans who said they would don their 'muskets' if Hilary 'stole' the election? Maybe that had something to do with those proclamations...
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    Good memory. Do you also remember all the republicans who said they would don their 'muskets' if Hilary 'stole' the election? Maybe that had something to do with those proclamations...
                    Ah, so you acknowledge the hypocrisy of politics or maybe you contend that the statements made today by dems about fair elections are not hypocritical?

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                      Ah, so you acknowledge the hypocrisy of politics or maybe you contend that the statements made today by dems about fair elections are not hypocritical?
                      Just thought you'd accidentally left something out. Maybe it wasn't an accident...
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                        Remind me again what all of those polls were saying in those states prior to the last election? We are all prepared to usher in a new era with our very first woman president.
                        Trump polls poorly, barely wins. Trump is polling much better, loses by a landslide. BlueK logic.

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        Good memory. Do you also remember all the republicans who said they would don their 'muskets' if Hilary 'stole' the election?
                        I don't.

But this is what Mrs. Clinton said shortly after the third and final presidential debate:

“It was horrifying what he said,” Clinton told reporters, referring to her Republican opponent’s remark that he would keep the American public “in suspense” about whether he would question the outcome of a race that he says is rigged. “we are a country based on laws. And we’ve had hot, contested elections going back to the very beginning, but one of our hallmarks has always been that we accept the outcomes of our elections.”

America has “free and fair elections,” the Democratic nominee continued. “Somebody wins and somebody loses. So what he said tonight is part of his whole effort to blame somebody else for his campaign.”
                        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• “Somebody wins and somebody loses. So what he said tonight is part of his whole effort to blame somebody else for his campaign.”
                          Oh my goodness, I think that's one of the funnier things I've read in a while. Right up there with all of the Trump tweets from 8 years ago blasting politicians for doing what he's doing now.

Comment

Ahem...

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              Just thought you'd accidentally left something out. Maybe it wasn't an accident...
                              I see....you are defending the hypocrisy.

Comment

Trump polls poorly, barely wins. Trump is polling much better, loses by a landslide. BlueK logic.

I don't.

But this is what Mrs. Clinton said shortly after the third and final presidential debate:
                                Yes, but some joe blow on twitter said he was going to get his musket if Hillary won.

Comment

Working...
                                X