Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Which proves my point. These aren't our client states and the Cold War is over.
    Interestingly, I just read a op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal that posits we're about to start a new Cold War with China.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
      Interestingly, I just read a op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal that posits we're about to start a new Cold War with China.
      Not if the NBA can help it!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
        I hadn't heard that, but they are proceeding with taking testimony from several people already in closed committee sessions. They're doing it without the circus atmosphere Trump would like to create.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/16/polit...ats/index.html
        I just looked a bit more into it. Looks like she scheduled a press conference after a caucus meeting where she was expected to announce a vote. That obviously didn't happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          I hadn't heard that, but they are proceeding with taking testimony from several people already in closed committee sessions. They're doing it without the circus atmosphere Trump would like to create.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/16/polit...ats/index.html
          Wow... this should be good:

qloe6qgrrvs31.jpg

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• This one's a doozy:

https://twitter.com/trish_regan/stat...59361638748161

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
              Well, he is an idiot, but at least of the stable genius variety.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

I don't think the Onion could improve on that. At all.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I know Trump writes his own tweets. But why would he write his own letters? Or do you think it was dictated? If I were president, I'd be telling a staffer what I generally want the letter to say and have them write it - then suggest any edits I thought were important before it went out.

Of course - maybe that is what Trump does do. I think that could be a fun job - official letter writer who gets to write letters to other heads of state in a voice that sounds like Trump. I think I'd enjoy that.

Comment

• So what do you think? That Trump typed that letter himself, hunting and pecking over the keyboard, or that he dictated it and approved the draft - after inserting numerous exclamation points throughout.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                      I know Trump writes his own tweets. But why would he write his own letters? Or do you think it was dictated? If I were president, I'd be telling a staffer what I generally want the letter to say and have them write it - then suggest any edits I thought were important before it went out.

Of course - maybe that is what Trump does do. I think that could be a fun job - official letter writer who gets to write letters to other heads of state in a voice that sounds like Trump. I think I'd enjoy that.
                      Great minds!
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Remember when people argued that a Trump presidency would be fine because he would surround himself with smart capable advisors who would moderate his behavior? Good times.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Wait, hold up. That is a real letter?!?!

I'm still skeptical. Not that he wouldn't write something like that. But I would hope someone from the deep state would intercept it before it was sent.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                            Wait, hold up. That is a real letter?!?!

I'm still skeptical. Not that he wouldn't write something like that. But I would hope someone from the deep state would intercept it before it was sent.
                            The White House confirmed that it is authentic. I do have some doubts about whether it was actually sent.

Comment

The White House confirmed that it is authentic. I do have some doubts about whether it was actually sent.
                              Yeah, let's see the postmark!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                Wait, hold up. That is a real letter?!?!

It’s looks he might have actually written this one. Like on his own.

Comment

Working...
                                X