No announcement yet.

Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there is anyone fully capable of resisting being railroaded, it's President Trump. He's not an inner city, economically disadvantaged, minority person. He's rich, he's got powerful friends, he wields a lot of power himself, he's got a ton of money, he's experienced at rising from ashes, and he's got a bully pulpit the size of Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
      If there is anyone fully capable of resisting being railroaded, it's President Trump. He's not an inner city, economically disadvantaged, minority person. He's rich, he's got powerful friends, he wields a lot of power himself, he's got a ton of money, he's experienced at rising from ashes, and he's got a bully pulpit the size of Texas.
      He's sociopathic and not effected by any sense of duty, honor or remorse. He believes in his lies more than the objective truth.

Comment

• Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
        Another article that talks about the dangerous road we are going down:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...leavage-229895
        I think this “Regime Cleavage” has less to do about Trump and more about the divide between parties. This has been an ongoing feud for at least 6 years caused by the extreme views of each.

Trump or Bernie, Warren are all a direct reflection of those extreme views and that moderation and compromise is no longer valued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
          I think this “Regime Cleavage” has less to do about Trump and more about the divide between parties. This has been an ongoing feud for at least 6 years caused by the extreme views of each.

Trump or Bernie, Warren are all a direct reflection of those extreme views and that moderation and compromise is no longer valued.

It's got everything to do with Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
            Trump is the catalyst, not the reaction itself.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              That is pretty simple minded. There is a lot that has put us in this direction and Trump has elevated it to the Nth degree but to think he is the causation is being blind to the political-hate being slung for the past 8 years or more.

Comment

That's the perspective I got from the article. This isn't just a Trump thing. Just getting rid of Trump doesn't solve anything. He can do a lot of damage though and pave the way for both sides to do a lot of damage in the future.

Comment

That is pretty simple minded. There is a lot that has put us in this direction and Trump has elevated it to the Nth degree but to think he is the causation is being blind to the political-hate being slung for the past 8 years or more.

We’re not here without Trump, and may have been able to avoid getting here without Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    We’re not here without Trump, and may have been able to avoid getting here without Trump.

Couldn’t help myself.

I disagree. This is not avoidable and we are still heading down this same path. He accelerated it but both parties and bending to the fringes are the causation of this. Period.

Last edited by dabrockster; 11-02-2019, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Couldn’t help myself.

I disagree. This is not avoidable and we are still heading down this same path. He accelerated it but both parties and bending to the fringes are the causation of this. Period.

Some of Trump’s policies are extreme, certainly he enjoys significant support from the hard right and the racist right. But it’s not Trump’s ideology or politics that have done the most damage, it’s been his corruption, immorality and amorality. Actions and events, including elections change the direction of political and social winds. I don’t think we were destined for this current state of affairs. And while I realize you don’t approve of everything Trump does and aren’t some knee-jerk Orangeman defender, that perspective let’s him off the hook.

Comment

• Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Giuliani associate Lev Parnas is willing to comply with House impeachment inquiry, his attorney says

An attorney for Lev Parnas, an associate of Rudolph W. Giuliani who was charged last month with campaign finance violations, said Monday that his client is willing to comply with the House impeachment inquiry — and challenged the notion that President Trump does not know Parnas.

In a statement to The Washington Post, Joseph A. Bondy noted that Parnas had a number of interactions with the president and his personal attorney, Giuliani, despite Trump’s claim that he was not familiar with his client.

“Any sentient being looking at the public record of the president and Parnas together — during intimate dinners, waving to each other at rallies, taking pictures together, and of Parnas’s alleged involvement with the president’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani — could divine that the president and Parnas knew each other,” he said.

Bondy said that it would “defy all reason” to conclude the two did not know one another. “If the president really did not know Mr. Parnas, it would imply a degree of ignorance that we are not prepared to attribute to him,” he said.

He also said that Parnas plans to “honor and not avoid” requests from congressional investigators, “to the extent they are legally proper while scrupulously protecting Mr. Parnas’ privileges including that of the Fifth Amendment” to avoid self-incrimination.
                          Yikes. I fear there is a shiv (or a shank or whatever) in Lev's future.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                            Giuliani associate Lev Parnas is willing to comply with House impeachment inquiry, his attorney says

Why? Is he going to say something damaging to Bill or Hillary Clinton?

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

Could be worse. Let's hope there isn't a shiva in Lev's future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                                Could be worse. Let's hope there isn't a shiva in Lev's future.
                                ha ha
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X