Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1207

Thread: Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Quote Originally Posted by UVACoug View Post
    Damn... Drumpf sounds like a madman! If I was the Turk President I would be negotiating hard especially now the madman has approval for war from Congress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Damn... Drumpf sounds like a madman! If I was the Turk President I would be negotiating hard especially now the madman has approval for war from Congress.

Yeah. Look, no one is afraid of that blowhard paper tiger madman. Except I guess his toadie cabinet members.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

That letter is an impeachable offense.

HAHAHAHAHA
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

"Turkish" President not Turk President. The madman isn't going to do shit to Turkey or Erdogan.

Yikes. I'm surprised his use of the word 'deal' didn't come with the little TM symbol that Walt was using earlier.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    Damn straight.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

What are the Dems waiting for? They need to take a vote and impeach Drumpf!

Trump is on his way to an easy win in 2020, according to Moody’s accurate election model

• President Donald Trump will win reelection easily in 2020 if the economy holds up, modeling by Moody’s Analytics shows.
    • “If voters were to vote primarily on the basis of their pocketbooks, the president would steamroll the competition,” the report states.
    • Three models show Trump getting at least 289 electoral votes and as many as 351, assuming average turnout.
    • The Moody’s models have been backtested to 1980 and were correct each time — except in 2016, when it indicated Clinton would get a narrow victory.

[...]
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/15/mood...-holds-up.html

That is their only chance to beat him!
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

I've thought for a while now that there is a strong likelihood that Trump is using his tweets to manipulate the market for his friends. Here's someone else who thinks the same and has some evidence that there are people taking advantage.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...p-chaos-trades

I've thought for a while now that there is a strong likelihood that Trump is using his tweets to manipulate the market for his friends. Here's someone else who thinks the same and has some evidence that there are people taking advantage.

that would be an impeachable offense.

CS Institutional Memory Jarid in Cedar's Avatar

I have thought that for over a year. A strong upswing seems to be followed by a tweet about more tariffs. A downswing is followed by a tweet that is optimistic about a trade deal, etc. It would be great to see his tweets in line with the s&p movements over the last 18 months
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Maybe the president is end-running The Fed's quarterly pronouncements.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    I have thought that for over a year. A strong upswing seems to be followed by a tweet about more tariffs. A downswing is followed by a tweet that is optimistic about a trade deal, etc. It would be great to see his tweets in line with the s&p movements over the last 18 months
    But that’s not what the article is alluding to. The article is alluding to coordination of trades and optimistic tweets. Definitely an impeachable offense and something that, if there is any truth to it, will be investigated and prosecuted. The SEC goes after people for much, much less than what is implied in the article.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    But that’s not what the article is alluding to. The article is alluding to coordination of trades and optimistic tweets. Definitely an impeachable offense and something that, if there is any truth to it, will be investigated and prosecuted. The SEC goes after people for much, much less than what is implied in the article.
    If true, that is devastating.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Yes, don't let the voters decide... they are dumbasses.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I actually agree with her this time.

If Trump has done something that deserves impeachment, then they should impeach him. That is their duty. If elected officials break the law, they should be held accountable - not by the voters, per se, but by those who are in position to carry out the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I actually agree with her this time.

If Trump has done something that deserves impeachment, then they should impeach him. That is their duty. If elected officials break the law, they should be held accountable - not by the voters, per se, but by those who are in position to carry out the law.
    Agreed. Maybe the dumbest criticism made so far of the House taking up impeachment is that they're trying to un-do the 2016 election. It totally ignores the fact that there was also an election in 2018 which is what has made this possible.
    Last edited by BlueK; 10-21-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Agreed. Maybe the dumbest criticism made so far of the House taking up impeachment is that they're trying to un-do the 2016 election. It totally ignores the fact that there was also an election in 2018 which is what has made this possible.
    Both elections are irrelevant to the impeachment proceeding.

Both elections are irrelevant to the impeachment proceeding.
    It depends on how you want to look at it. In 2016 Trump was elected and he started to do his thing. In 2018 there was an election in which the electorate in general voted in a House they knew would serve as a check and balance.

It depends on how you want to look at it. In 2016 Trump was elected and he started to do his thing. In 2018 there was an election in which the electorate in general voted in a House they knew would serve as a check and balance.
    I don't see how election results give or remove any moral affirmation for impeachment. Impeachment in a moral/criminal issue, not a mandate issue.
    Elections affect mandates and little more.

Quote Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
    I don't see how election results give or remove any moral affirmation for impeachment. Impeachment in a moral/criminal issue, not a mandate issue.
    I agree. I was just disagreeing with the dumb assertion that Congress is overstepping its authority or is trying to un-do an election. It's not. It's doing what it is supposed to under the constitution. It's just ironic when those folks bring up the 2016 election and ignore the fact that there is one of those held every two years.

All politics are local!
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Those crickets chirping? Those are Senate Repubs not defending Trump's behavior. The hole keeps getting deeper and wider. They need to be careful they don't fall in.

Here’s the quid pro quo proof, Lindsey Graham

If all you have to complain about is "process," you are losing.

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    Those crickets chirping? Those are Senate Repubs not defending Trump's behavior. The hole keeps getting deeper and wider. They need to be careful they don't fall in.

Here’s the quid pro quo proof, Lindsey Graham

If all you have to complain about is "process," you are losing.
    Yeah I think he's toast. Even if he's not convicted, he's definitely impeached. It's a permanent stain on his presidency-- at least one that people will remember among the minefield of stains he's left on the presidency in general.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

lol Trump cannot open his mouth with spouting untruths. McConnell throws Trump under the bus. Repubs not sticking together like those dirty Dems.

2:25 p.m.: McConnell contradicts Trump on praise of call with Ukrainian president

Trump has said McConnell told him his call with the Ukrainian president at the center of the impeachment inquiry was “the most innocent phone call” and was “perfect.”

But when asked about it Tuesday, McConnell said, “I don’t recall any conversations with the president about that phone call.”

“We’ve not had any conversations on that subject,” McConnell told reporters at the Capitol. Asked whether Trump was lying, he demurred. “You’d have to ask him,” McConnell said.
    But Little Marco is willing to prevaricate for Trump. WTF?

“I don’t know what they’re supposed to be doing,” Rubio said. “They’re not allowed in the room, they’re not allowed to have attorneys there, they’re not allowed to have anybody there listening to the evidence that’s being presented against them. So I’m not sure what more they can do.”

Rubio also claimed that Democrats are “taking pieces of testimony that further the Democratic narrative and putting it out there.”
    But . . . . .

House Democrats and Republicans on the committees of jurisdiction have been given equal time to question witnesses in the closed-door depositions.
    Again, if you're arguing "process," you're losing, especially if you need to lie about it.

Live updates: Taylor’s testimony on alleged Ukraine quid pro quo called ‘damning,’ as firestorm continues over Trump’s lynching tweet

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Yeah I think he's toast. Even if he's not convicted, he's definitely impeached. It's a permanent stain on his presidency-- at least one that people will remember among the minefield of stains he's left on the presidency in general.
    Which republican senators might flip and vote for conviction? 48 dems. Mitt, Collins. They'll need 16 more.