Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1287

Thread: Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Which proves my point. These aren't our client states and the Cold War is over.
    Actually, I don't think it does. I would love to hear happyone or Bo Diddley weigh in on this issue.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Actually, I don't think it does. I would love to hear happyone or Bo Diddley weigh in on this issue.
    Yeah, let's wait to see what the Department of Defense employees think about decreasing our overseas military footprint.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

I'm not a strategist by any means, but I am an expert in military logistics. Having prepositioned troops opens up the playbook for what your military can do. It simply takes too long to move the number of troops and equipment to act as a deterrent to aggression by bad actors. Without our troop presence in Europe, I'm certain that Russia would have taken back some of the former Soviet satellites by now. Similarly, China might well have acted similarly in the East.

But maybe I just like the job security.

Yeah, let's wait to see what the Department of Defense employees think about decreasing our overseas military footprint.
    Or we could ask high school computer teachers.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Lol.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

I'm trying to look away, but I can't.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

You’re such a fucking asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Pat Buchanan/Francisco Franco's reanimated corpse 2020!

Sorry, not sorry.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You insulted about the only two people well-adjusted posters on this board. BD and happyone have always been kind to everyone on here and can disagree without drama or malice. They’ve given their lives to service and they’re genuinely good people. Going after those two is a sign that you need to take a step back. You’ve become a bad person. It may be a blessing in disguise if you get a phone call from an unrecognized Utah number.

Also nobody believes you know anything about sports.

You insulted about the only two people well-adjusted posters on this board. BD and happyone have always been kind to everyone on here and can disagree without drama or malice. They’ve given their lives to service and they’re genuinely good people. Going after those two is a sign that you need to take a step back. You’ve become a bad person. It may be a blessing in disguise if you get a phone call from an unrecognized Utah number.

Also nobody believes you know anything about sports.

I'll start participating in the BYU football prediction contest? Who are they playing losing to next?

No, I don't. These aren't the ruined nations of 1945 any longer. The Germans don't want us there, the Japanese don't want us in Okinawa. Bring the troops home.
    Right. So you do think we're there for the benefit of Japan and Germany. Hey- you should call the President and bring Germany and Japan's governmental and economic sucesses to his attention! I can't believe we just left all those troops there all these years by accident!!!

Last edited by Commando; 10-16-2019 at 02:52 AM.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

LOL!
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

I'm not following everything that closely, but I believe that I heard yesterday that Nancy Pelosi announced there would be a vote on the inquiry and then backed off the vote? Are the Dems royally screwing this up already?

Quote Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
    I'm not following everything that closely, but I believe that I heard yesterday that Nancy Pelosi announced there would be a vote on the inquiry and then backed off the vote? Are the Dems royally screwing this up already?
    I hadn't heard that, but they are proceeding with taking testimony from several people already in closed committee sessions. They're doing it without the circus atmosphere Trump would like to create.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/16/polit...ats/index.html

Which proves my point. These aren't our client states and the Cold War is over.
    Interestingly, I just read a op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal that posits we're about to start a new Cold War with China.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    Interestingly, I just read a op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal that posits we're about to start a new Cold War with China.
    Not if the NBA can help it!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    I hadn't heard that, but they are proceeding with taking testimony from several people already in closed committee sessions. They're doing it without the circus atmosphere Trump would like to create.

I just looked a bit more into it. Looks like she scheduled a press conference after a caucus meeting where she was expected to announce a vote. That obviously didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post

Wow... this should be good:

qloe6qgrrvs31.jpg

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by UVACoug View Post
    Well, he is an idiot, but at least of the stable genius variety.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

I don't think the Onion could improve on that. At all.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

I know Trump writes his own tweets. But why would he write his own letters? Or do you think it was dictated? If I were president, I'd be telling a staffer what I generally want the letter to say and have them write it - then suggest any edits I thought were important before it went out.

Of course - maybe that is what Trump does do. I think that could be a fun job - official letter writer who gets to write letters to other heads of state in a voice that sounds like Trump. I think I'd enjoy that.

So what do you think? That Trump typed that letter himself, hunting and pecking over the keyboard, or that he dictated it and approved the draft - after inserting numerous exclamation points throughout.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I know Trump writes his own tweets. But why would he write his own letters? Or do you think it was dictated? If I were president, I'd be telling a staffer what I generally want the letter to say and have them write it - then suggest any edits I thought were important before it went out.

Of course - maybe that is what Trump does do. I think that could be a fun job - official letter writer who gets to write letters to other heads of state in a voice that sounds like Trump. I think I'd enjoy that.
    Great minds!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Remember when people argued that a Trump presidency would be fine because he would surround himself with smart capable advisors who would moderate his behavior? Good times.

Wait, hold up. That is a real letter?!?!

I'm still skeptical. Not that he wouldn't write something like that. But I would hope someone from the deep state would intercept it before it was sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post

I'm still skeptical. Not that he wouldn't write something like that. But I would hope someone from the deep state would intercept it before it was sent.
    The White House confirmed that it is authentic. I do have some doubts about whether it was actually sent.

The White House confirmed that it is authentic. I do have some doubts about whether it was actually sent.
    Yeah, let's see the postmark!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post

It’s looks he might have actually written this one. Like on his own.