Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1414

Thread: Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    You are right, that is smoke. Smoke and mirrors. Irrelevant to the impeachment inquiry.
    Nothing will come of the impeachment inquiry, except Trump's re-election. Sorry.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Good.
    Yep. The 12th largest economy in the world can and should do more.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    You are right, that is smoke. Smoke and mirrors. Irrelevant to the impeachment inquiry.
    Yep, so is calling witnesses with 5th hand knowledge about what was said.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Yep, so is calling witnesses with 5th hand knowledge about what was said.
    Ahhhhh, Trumpian levels of exaggeration. You learn well, grasshopper.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I don't have the time to go back and look into this point, which I know is part of the Trump defense, but it was my understanding that the guy was not actively looking into Burisma or Hunter Biden at the time Joe made his demand. Put another way, Joe Biden's beef (and that of the U.S. State Department and several EU members), was that the prosecutor WASN'T investigating corruption, not because he was. I'm open to contradictory evidence.
    That is interesting... I wonder why the Ukrainian prosecutors had so much information on Hunter Biden (not to mention the Kerry family):

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    Ahhhhh, Trumpian levels of exaggeration. You learn well, grasshopper.
    Rep. Quigley said that hearsay can be much better than direct evidence... Therefore, 5th hand knowledge can be that much better!
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Nothing to see here, folks... PAC says that the Biden are straight arrows. Move along.
    Ha, like Biden's mental powers, your trolling skills are declining. I have never said the Bidens are straight arrows nor have I ever been a fan. But feel free to continue to deflect away from more serious issues, such as abusing the power of the presidency to advance purely personal objectives. You deserve a slot on Trump's team of contortionist defenders.

Nothing will come of the impeachment inquiry, except Trump's re-election. Sorry.
    Given that the Republicans won three elections in a row following the Clinton impeachment fiasco, I'd say they were ultimately the winners.

That is interesting... I wonder why the Ukrainian prosecutors had so much information on Hunter Biden (not to mention the Kerry family):

Hey, it's totally okay that we burgled the DNC's Watergate office, wiretapped their phones, attempted to stop the investigation, destroyed evidence and covered up what we could. The DNC were the real crooks! #Witchhunt #Ididn'tknowthatmanItalkedtoinmyoffice
    Last edited by LVAllen; 11-15-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
    Hey, it's totally okay that we burgled the DNC's Watergate office, wiretapped their phones, attempted to stop the investigation, destroyed evidence and covered up what we could. The DNC were the real crooks! #Witchhunt #Ididn'tknowthatmanItalkedtoinmyoffice
    Yeah, they did that without paying an unregistered foreign agent to cook up a phony dossier so they could fool the FISA court to give them a warrant too! Those guys are good.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Drumpf released another phone call transcript. This one is really, really, really...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Where do the Dems find these witnesses?...

msfzmsckpvy31.jpg

Are they out of people with 5th hand hearsay?
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

msfzmsckpvy31.jpg

Not surprised you don't see the connection.

Add witness tampering to the list if high crimes and misdemeanors.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Add witness tampering to the list if high crimes and misdemeanors.

Given Trump's keen sense of history, I accept his implication that Ambassador Yovanovitch was responsible for the Somalia mess, even though she was a lower level employee of the State Department. He's an embarrassment to the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Given Trump's keen sense of history, I accept his implication that Ambassador Yovanovitch was responsible for the Somalia mess, even though she was a lower level employee of the State Department. He's an embarrassment to the nation.
    For sure!

That she sought and fulfilled an assignment to Somalia speaks volumes about her character. She's doing it for the all the right reasons. True respect for the Ambassador.

Being parked at Georgetown has got to be killing her.

Trump is a real dick (a small one).

msfzmsckpvy31.jpg

Yeah, I mean come on. The fact that she was recalled from Ukraine in May and fired because Trump is an idiot is no excuse for her not to be on a call in July.

Oh dear.

Impeachment witness provides firsthand account of hearing Trump demand ‘investigation’ of Bidens by Ukraine

David Holmes, an embassy staffer in Kyiv, testified that he overheard a July 26 phone call in which Trump pressed U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland about whether Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky would “do the investigation,” according to three people who have read his opening statement and spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe its contents.

“Ambassador Sondland replied that ‘he’s gonna to do it,’ adding that President Zelensky will do ‘anything you ask him to,’ ” Holmes said, according to these people.

. . . . . . . . .

Holmes testified that he overheard parts of Trump’s phone call with Sondland during a lunch in Kyiv, because the president was speaking so loudly that his voice was audible through the phone to others sitting at the table nearby, according to the people familiar with the testimony.

Holmes’s testimony, which confirmed an account relayed Wednesday by acting ambassador to Ukraine William B. Taylor Jr., increases pressure on Republicans, who have dismissed other witnesses as relaying hearsay and speculation about Trump’s motives in withholding almost $400 million in aid from Ukraine. It also raises the stakes for next week’s testimony by Sondland, who will be pressed to answer questions about the call. Sondland didn’t mention the call during closed-door testimony before lawmakers last month, according to a transcript. Instead, he claimed little knowledge of any link between Biden and the investigations sought by Trump.

Holmes testified that when he asked Sondland about Trump’s views concerning Ukraine after the phone call, Sondland said Trump didn’t care about the country and was primarily interested in the investigations it could provide into allegations of corruption by Biden and his son Hunter being pushed by the president’s personal lawyer, Rudolph W. Giuliani.
    lol, Trump talking super loud on the phone. So believable. And WTH is Sondland doing calling Trump on an open line while in a public place? What a bunch of clowns.

So how much further can Repubs retreat on this? What will be the next ridiculous defense of Trump?

Not surprised you don't see the connection.
    Oh, I see the connection...

Marie Yovanovitch admits Obama admin prepped her on Hunter Biden

Former US Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch testified Friday that the Obama administration was so concerned about Hunter Biden’s job on Burisma’s board of directors that she was asked prep questions about the issue by White House staffers before her 2016 Senate confirmation

In response to questions from GOP counsel Stephen Castor, Yovanovitch testified at the House Intelligence Committee’s second public impeachment hearing that she had been informed about the lucrative gig Hunter Biden landed with the petroleum producer — which paid the son of then-Vice President Joe Biden as much as $50,000 a month despite his seeming lack of relevant experience — but took no action when she arrived at her post.
    [...]
    “The exact quote from your testimony, Ambassador, is, quote, ‘the way the question was phrased in this model Q&A was, what can you tell us about Hunter Biden’s, you know, being named to the board of Burisma?’ So for the millions of Americans watching, President Obama’s own State Department was so concerned about potential conflicts of interest from Hunter Biden’s role at Burisma that they raised it themselves while prepping this wonderful ambassador nominee before her confirmation,” Stefanik said.

“And yet our Democratic colleagues and the chairman of this committee cry foul when we dare ask that same question the Obama administration was so concerned about. But we will continue asking it.”
    [...]
    https://nypost.com/2019/11/15/marie-...-confirmation/

LOL... Even Obama knew that the crackhead's job was a big, fat conflict of interest and obvious corruption.

From her opening statement:

And although I have met former Vice President Biden several times over the course of our many years years in government, neither he nor the previous Administration ever raised the issue of either Burisma or Hunter Biden with me.
    https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...Statement.html

Hmm... It Sure Looks Like Marie Yovanovitch Committed Perjury In Her Testimony

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Oh, I see the connection...

https://nypost.com/2019/11/15/marie-...-confirmation/

LOL... Even Obama knew that the crackhead's job was a big, fat conflict of interest and obvious corruption.

From her opening statement:

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...Statement.html

Hmm... It Sure Looks Like Marie Yovanovitch Committed Perjury In Her Testimony

Again, not surprised by this response. You really should start another thread where you can share all your Burisma/Biden thoughts.

Yeah, if the Dems were smart they wouldn't let this go to the senate... It would be very bad for them.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Again, not surprised by this response. You really should start another thread where you can share all your Burisma/Biden thoughts.
    If the Dems are dumb enough to let this go to the senate then the crackhead, Hunter Biden, will be front and center in this whole impeachment thing. This is the right thread since we will most likely be hearing a lot more about him in during the course of this process.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

If the Dems are dumb enough to let this go to the senate then the crackhead, Hunter Biden, will be front and center in this whole impeachment thing. This is the right thread since we will most likely be hearing a lot more about him in during the course of this process.
    And it would be as irrevelevent as it is now. Let's not stoop to the level of a bunch of Trump ass-kissing Repub cultists.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Given that the Republicans won three elections in a row following the Clinton impeachment fiasco, I'd say they were ultimately the winners.
    Who won those three elections in a row? I can only think of two.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by CJF View Post
    Who won those three elections in a row? I can only think of two.
    2000, 2002 (R+8 House, R+2 Senate), 2004

The congressman from Utah could have saved everyone a lot of time but asking his questions first:

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

The congressman from Utah could have saved everyone a lot of time but asking his questions first:

Ted, this is the equivalent of asking the cashier who just testified that he saw the murder suspect buy an axe, duct tape, and bleach if he had any evidence of actual criminal activity. The answer is no, but that's not the end of the case because the CSI, Detectives, and eye-fricking-witness testimony are scheduled to testify later.

Only a dumbass would say case over at this point. The WH Twitter account is run by a dumbass.

Oh my. Amb Sundland got a lot of 'splanin to do.

A Friday night surprise: David Holmes throws a wrench in Trump’s impeachment defense

As do Trump's defenders:

Holmes mentions that Trump defenders have argued that perhaps Trump himself wasn’t personally involved in the quid pro quos. He also mentions a GOP argument that was prominent during Wednesday’s hearing featuring Taylor and top State Department aide George Kent: that the witnesses didn’t have firsthand knowledge of some of the key events.

“I came to realize I had firsthand knowledge regarding certain events on July 26,” he said, referring to the date of his overhearing the Sondland-Trump call, “that had not otherwise been reported and that those events potentially bore on the question of whether the president did, in fact, have knowledge that those officials were using the levers of our diplomatic power to induct the new Ukrainian president to announce the opening of a particular criminal investigation.”

It’s worth noting that, despite early GOP attempts to portray Holmes as a partisan — on Friday they promoted a photo of him shaking hands with Barack Obama — he won an award in 2014 after raising concerns about Obama’s Afghanistan policy. Holmes, who served in Afghanistan, was awarded for his “constructive dissent.”

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    2000, 2002 (R+8 House, R+2 Senate), 2004
    Ahh. Thanks. I thought he meant presidential elections.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!