• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
    That is a terrifying thought.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Not for you.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
      The world will have changed so much by then that I think it is nearly impossible to project how he would be in that position. Plus, I think the weight of the position tends to change people. I've had a similar thought about Oaks...he's 80 and very likely to be in the big chair at some point...but I don't see the sense in horibilizing what might be (which, I'm not saying you are doing - but some do).
      Bednar has a mellowed quite a bit.

Either way, not sure why this would terrify our beer-guzzling funk.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
        The world will have changed so much by then that I think it is nearly impossible to project how he would be in that position. Plus, I think the weight of the position tends to change people. I've had a similar thought about Oaks...he's 80 and very likely to be in the big chair at some point...but I don't see the sense in horibilizing what might be (which, I'm not saying you are doing - but some do).
        Not only that, but Bednar is a pretty mixed bag. His tender mercies talk is still one of my all-time favorites. I was in Rexburg with him, and I didn't like a lot of the stuff he did up there, but in my only personal interaction, he and Sis. Bednar were very nice. I do wish he'd cut his hair a little less often, however.

Oaks is 84, and although 8 years Nelson's junior, it would not surprise me if Elder Nelson were president for a few years, which would cut into Oaks' time.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Not for you.
          It is for him. As a SJW, Funk feels and experiences the pain of any and all that are impacted by Mormon bigotry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Bednar has a mellowed quite a bit.

Either way, not sure why this would terrify our beer-guzzling funk.
            Here is a concept that you may not be aware of: empathy.

I do have people that I'm close to that are part of the LGBTQ community. I have seen the way that bigotry from the LDS church has affected these people. I realize that you want to ignore it. I realize that you want to use the change happens slowly line to de-legitimize the damage that is being caused now. However, I'm not willing to take that approach.

Why is it terrifying, because even the slow change would come to a halt with Bednar as President.

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            It is for him. As a SJW, Funk feels and experiences the pain of any and all that are impacted by Mormon bigotry.

Empathy is actually not a bad thing. It is bad when it is taken to an extreme, but there is value in empathy.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

However, I'm not willing to take that approach.
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Would be funny if TSM outlives DS so he never lives to see that day.

Unlike most of people on here, I actually like Moliere. I found his comment funny. Although, I did also up my life insurance policy, just in case.

In all of my Twittering trying to vindicate my fake news, I came across a post about some guy in a chastising rant directed at whomever started the rumor for making him look foolish for openly sobbing on the bus. The comment made me laugh. I mean, from what I saw on conference, one really should be a bit more prepared for such news.

Although, I hope people sob for me on the bus when my fake news death gets leaked.

From what I've been able to gather, this stupid rumor started on ex-mo Reddit. Which makes me feel three times dumber for falling victim. I offer my deepest apologies.

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Here is a concept that you may not be aware of: empathy.

I do have people that I'm close to that are part of the LGBTQ community. I have seen the way that bigotry from the LDS church has affected these people. I realize that you want to ignore it. I realize that you want to use the change happens slowly line to de-legitimize the damage that is being caused now. However, I'm not willing to take that approach.

Why is it terrifying, because even the slow change would come to a halt with Bednar as President.

Empathy is actually not a bad thing. It is bad when it is taken to an extreme, but there is value in empathy.
                  Haha. Funk yet again a perfect example of our new national pastime.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                    Unlike most of people on here, I actually like Moliere. I found his comment funny. Although, I did also up my life insurance policy, just in case.

In all of my Twittering trying to vindicate my fake news, I came across a post about some guy in a chastising rant directed at whomever started the rumor for making him look foolish for openly sobbing on the bus. The comment made me laugh. I mean, from what I saw on conference, one really should be a bit more prepared for such news.

Although, I hope people sob for me on the bus when my fake news death gets leaked.

From what I've been able to gather, this stupid rumor started on ex-mo Reddit. Which makes me feel three times dumber for falling victim. I offer my deepest apologies.
                    Dang it, don't apologize! You will eventually be right.

FTR: I may not be a on a bus, but I will sob for you, amigo.

Comment

Haha. Funk yet again a perfect example of our new national pastime.
                      Funk feels your pain.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                        Funk feels your pain.
                        With zero basis in fact, he declares that I have no empathy for LGBT people and then contrasts that with his deeply sensitive and enlightened thinking. SJW 101. Very hip right now on social media.
                        Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 04-07-2017, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Without zero basis in fact, he declares that I have no empathy for LGBT people and then contrasts that with his deeply sensitive and enlightened thinking. SJW 101. Very hip right now on social media.
                          So you're admitting he has some basis in fact. Noted.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            So you're admitting he has some basis in fact. Noted.
                            Haha. Good catch. Fixed.

Comment

He suffers so they don't have to. Types and shadows.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                                Unlike most of people on here, I actually like Moliere.
                                This can't just pass without pointing out.
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                                X