Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Who does this guy think he is? ratio

  1. #1
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,799

    Default Who does this guy think he is? ratio

    I was just looking over my user profile page and was somewhat surprised to see the number of visitors to date - 2,811. That seemed like a lot to me. Especially since I don't typically click through to profiles unless the poster is unfamiliar to me and/or they post something that makes me think "who does this guy think he is?"

    So the simple WDTGTHI ratio is computed by dividing the total number of visitors to the user's profile page (in my case, 2,811) by the total number of posts by that user (7,832 before this one). So in my case, nearly 36% of my posts cause people to wonder where I'm coming from.

    Who's got the highest WDTGTHI ratio? Lowest?

    Edit: Sorry for asking you to do math.
    Last edited by Pelado; 03-30-2017 at 12:14 PM.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  2. #2
    Adventurer Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West of House
    Posts
    2,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    I was just looking over my user profile page and was somewhat surprised to see the number of visitors to date - 2,811. That seemed like a lot to me. Especially since I don't typically click through to profiles unless the poster is unfamiliar to me and/or they post something that makes me think "who does this guy think he is?"

    So the simple WDTGTHI ratio is computed by dividing the total number of visitors to the user's profile page (in my case, 2,811) by the total number of posts by that user (7,832 before this one). So in my case, nearly 36% of my posts cause people to wonder where I'm coming from.

    Who's got the highest WDTGTHI ratio? Lowest?

    Edit: Sorry for asking you to do math.
    2800 of those 2811 are bots.

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

    I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

    Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

    You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

  3. #3
    it's all a blur mtnbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    At the moment, my tally is 1973/1883 = 1.04 , so either it's bots or every post makes at least one person wonder what's up. I'm hoping it's bots.

  4. #4
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    47,325

    Default

    Definitely bots. Right now we have 22 members and 198 guests online. I guarantee you that almost all of those guests are bots. You can see the list here:

    http://www.cougarstadium.com/online.php
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  5. #5
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    28,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker View Post
    At the moment, my tally is 1973/1883 = 1.04 , so either it's bots or every post makes at least one person wonder what's up. I'm hoping it's bots.
    Still, apparently the A.I. in those bots think you are nuts.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  6. #6
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    19,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Definitely bots. Right now we have 22 members and 198 guests online. I guarantee you that almost all of those guests are bots. You can see the list here:

    http://www.cougarstadium.com/online.php

    Damn Russian hackers!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  7. #7
    Adventurer Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West of House
    Posts
    2,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Damn Russian hackers!
    Wrong. Chinese hackers:

    Untitled.jpg
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

    I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

    Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

    You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

  8. #8
    Senior Member byu71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    22,127

    Default

    What is a bots?

  9. #9
    Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Davis County, UT
    Posts
    1,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    2800 of those 2811 are bots.

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    The other 11 might be me. I frequently visit poster's profile pages on accident. While browsing on my phone, I'll click on their name while trying to hit the Last Post in the thread icon.

  10. #10
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,799

    Default

    My WDTGTHI ratio is up to 64% (5,985 profile page views / 9,387 posts).
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  11. #11
    Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byu71 View Post
    What is a bots?

  12. #12

    Default

    I've only posted 4026 times, but my page was visited 5270 times. That's 131%. Possibly a lot of double takes. I'll bet Clack is even higher.

    Edit: nope. Not even close. Only 605 visits with 6390 posts. That's only 10.6%. Plus I noted he has one friend. And of course I saw that I have no friends. I admit I get a little depressed when I see that.
    Last edited by Bo Diddley; 08-06-2018 at 08:03 PM.

  13. #13
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    I've only posted 4026 times, but my page was visited 5270 times. That's 131%. Possibly a lot of double takes. I'll bet Clack is even higher.

    Edit: nope. Not even close. Only 605 visits with 6390 posts. That's only 10.6%. Plus I noted he has one friend. And of course I saw that I have no friends. I admit I get a little depressed when I see that.
    Same as me.

    Reminds me of Priesthood meeting last week. Someone was talking about the Family Tree app and how you can see how you're related to people around you. So several of us opened up the app and used the "Scan for Friends" option. My phone was not recognizing anyone around me, and kept returning the message "No friends found within 100 feet." Quite depressing, even if it was true.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  14. #14

    Default

    Wuap has 27 friends. Man that guy is who's now.

  15. #15
    Board Bookworm happyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Davis County
    Posts
    4,504

    Default

    I have 1 friend (who no longer posts here)

    4406 posts (as of 7 Aug)
    4834 people have visited my profile

    I may be small, but I'm slow.

    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •