Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tweet of the day

Default Tweet of the day

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

i don't really do twitter - can that be real? if so, I think this may be the wrong thread

what?
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Ha. That is great.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

What really makes that tweet are all the gif/meme responses there are to it.
    Last edited by Drunk Tank; 03-23-2017 at 10:08 AM.
    "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    I had no idea what you were referencing here. Then I found this:

I freaking love the internet.

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Forgot about this thread.

This was posted yesterday... but still laughing about it today:

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    That is amazing - but the really amazing part is in the link. Therefore, this should go in the Cougarboarders thread. I will put it there.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

The cafe at work no longer accepts cash as a form of payment. Cards only.

As noted in a comment... WWJCD?

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    That is amazing - but the really amazing part is in the link. Therefore, this should go in the Cougarboarders thread. I will put it there.
    The CBer was straight up trolling. It wasn't real.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    The CBer was straight up trolling. It wasn't real.
    Six months later...
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by CJF View Post
    That is hilarious. I can't stop watching.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
    That is hilarious. I can't stop watching.
    I’m a terrible person. I’ve watched it about 5 times and can’t stop laughing.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

There are some very funny responses to that tweet, although I guess I shouldn't be laughing so hard given the tragedy. I was interested enough in the story to read one of the actual news reports. The decedent avoided the use of pronouns and the report, including some of the quoted observations about the victim, use the plural pronoun, which was initially confusing but ultimately instructive.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    There are some very funny responses to that tweet, although I guess I shouldn't be laughing so hard given the tragedy. I was interested enough in the story to read one of the actual news reports. The decedent avoided the use of pronouns and the report, including some of the quoted observations about the victim, use the plural pronoun, which was initially confusing but ultimately instructive.
    Their partner didn't respect their wish, referring to them and "he" in his quote in the news report. SAD!

Also, they're from the UK. This sad ending is no doubt due in large part to the U.S. military presence in the British Isles since at least WWI.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

how do they have a stock photo for that
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    how do they have a stock photo for that
    What, don't you take pictures to commemorate your recreational mummification bondage sessions?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Truth.
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    I had to refresh my memory on David Frum, but that’s a solid tweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

- Goatnapper'96

https://twitter.com/iowahawkblog/sta...544483328?s=19

- Goatnapper'96