2017-2018 BYU hoops........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    He is saying the right things for NBA scouts. He wants them to know he has the confidence to play in the NBA and he believes he is ready. But the reality is, if he gets a second round or undrafted grade, his ass will be back. He is expecting to go in to these workouts and do well, he thinks that will raise his stock. I am expecting him to go in to these workouts and be told he needs to develop more range, and learn to defend NBA 4s. He was absolutely abused against UT-Arlington.
    First hand knowledge supports this analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
      First hand knowledge supports this analysis.
      It is the most rational approach, despite what we learn on CB.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

If I were an NBA scout, I would tell Mika to quit holding the dang ball down low by his belly, where guards can swipe at it and where you can't easily pass it. One of the reasons Mika sucks so bad at passing out of the post is because it's hard to pass the ball when you're holding it down by your effing nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
          It is the most rational approach, despite what we learn on CB.
          Cougarboard is the opposite of learning anything. It's where you go to get dumber without getting drunk.
          Last edited by BlueK; 03-23-2017, 02:08 PM.

Comment

part of me wonders if the high volume post/inside-out game was never comfortable for our guards this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
              part of me wonders if the high volume post/inside-out game was never comfortable for our guards this year.
              No doubt. The perimeter game suffered with the inside out/post focus. If Mika doesn't pull his name out I fully expect the team to still win 20+ games as they go back to what we saw last year with KC, Nick and Fisch except with Bryant, Nick and TJ.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome back Zac Seljaas!

Bring on the snide conspiratorial whinings of aggies and ALUF's about BYU bringing him home early from his mission.
                Last edited by BlueK; 03-30-2017, 11:03 AM.

Comment

I still haven't seen anyone report if his shoulder surgery is on his shooting arm or not. Isn't that kind of important?

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                    I still haven't seen anyone report if his shoulder surgery is on his shooting arm or not. Isn't that kind of important?
                    Sure, if it doesn't heal right or the surgery wasn't able to fix whatever was wrong with it.

Comment

Bring on the snide conspiratorial whinings of aggies and ALUF's about BYU bringing him home early from his mission.
                      Cha-ching.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Cha-ching.

So predictable. Seriously, anyone who would whine about that is pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Cha-ching.

Harry Palmdale!

Comment

Gotta be something about serving in Iowa. Must be a pretty tough mission.
                            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                              According to Rose, no surgery at this point. Just rehab.
                              A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                                No doubt. The perimeter game suffered with the inside out/post focus. If Mika doesn't pull his name out I fully expect the team to still win 20+ games as they go back to what we saw last year with KC, Nick and Fisch except with Bryant, Nick and TJ.
                                BYU's offensive ranking by Ken Pomeroy year by year since 2012:

2012: 111
                                2013: 50
                                2014: 31
                                2015: 10
                                2016: 48
                                2017: 87

Curiously perhaps, the two worst BY FAR offensive teams in the post-Jimmer era have been on our two teams with the strongest inside presence -- 2012 with Davies and Hartsock, and this year with Mika and Childs. Most of the other years have had notoriously weak/thin inside talent. BYU just does better with guard-focused offenses. Actually, I recently read this is true for most college teams. No one would argue Mika wouldn't be a loss. But it would be best to change up the offense even if he comes back. An open shot from outside is probably better than a contested turn-around, fading, mid range shot by one of the bigs.
                                Last edited by BlueK; 04-07-2017, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X