2017-2018 BYU hoops........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    I don't get the, what appears to me to be, manufactured St. Mary's hate. They are well coached, their coach isn't an asshole like Krystkowiak, and they play a brand of basketball I like. Their players are generally well-behaved and they have a tiny, tiny alumni base so it's not as if St. Mary's fans are up in your grill all the time.
    I hear you! I don't understand it myself. I just look at them and get this feeling...ugh!

Comment

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
      I hear you! I don't understand it myself. I just look at them and get this feeling...ugh!
      It's the red.

Comment

• It's the ego. I am a BYU fan- a pretty nationally known brand- and this shitty little high school team keeps kicking our ass. Like an annoying gnat- you just want to crush them.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
          It's the ego. I am a BYU fan- a pretty nationally known brand- and this shitty little high school team keeps kicking our ass. Like an annoying gnat- you just want to crush them.
          It would help if they didn't have a gym that in the down time converts two half sized courts, you know the ones that have baskets parallel to the side line. A gym where the custodian has to pull out the foldable bleachers before the game can begin. A gym where the only exit is behind one of the baskets. A gym that also houses voting booths on election day. A gym where in the corner, under the bleachers, they are storing the floor buffers. A gym where the floor has an inscription, "Donated by the class of 1978". A gym that during school has a large curtain that comes down to separate the girls side from the boys side. A gym that when you look up at the ceiling you can see no less than 5 dodge balls that "got stuck up there".

Comment

It would help if they didn't have a gym that in the down time converts two half sized courts, you know the ones that have baskets parallel to the side line. A gym where the custodian has to pull out the foldable bleachers before the game can begin. A gym where the only exit is behind one of the baskets. A gym that also houses voting booths on election day. A gym where in the corner, under the bleachers, they are storing the floor buffers. A gym where the floor has an inscription, "Donated by the class of 1978". A gym that during school has a large curtain that comes down to separate the girls side from the boys side. A gym that when you look up at the ceiling you can see no less than 5 dodge balls that "got stuck up there".
            Yeah, it's awesome when they're lined up for free throws, and the exit door behind the basket opens and people come hurrying in with coats on and the blizzard from outside spills into the gym, before they can hurry and shut the door.

Comment

All the more impressive that they are so competitive as a small school. Don't hate them for being successful in a small gym.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                Yeah, it's awesome when they're lined up for free throws, and the exit door behind the basket opens and people come hurrying in with coats on and the blizzard from outside spills into the gym, before they can hurry and shut the door.
                The last time they had a blizzard in Moraga was never.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                    You people are ruining this walk down cherished memories lane for those of who enjoy small town HS hoops in the intermountain west!
                    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• I missed last year's game at Moraga, but the year before four of us sat in folding chairs along the baseline. It was fun leaning back against the wall (we were close to one of the doors), but the missus pointed out the risk that the chair would slide out from under me, causing a loud bang and stopping the D-1 action in that tiny gym so I reluctantly put all four chair legs back on the floor.

But the local fans were just fine and it's tough to generate much hate against them. Who has the energy?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        I missed last year's game at Moraga, but the year before four of us sat in folding chairs along the baseline. It was fun leaning back against the wall (we were close to one of the doors), but the missus pointed out the risk that the chair would slide out from under me, causing a loud bang and stopping the D-1 action in that tiny gym so I reluctantly put all four chair legs back on the floor.

But the local fans were just fine and it's tough to generate much hate against them. Who has the energy?
                        I don't hate the fans. I hate their players and coach. Yes, much of my hate is because they are better than us. But come on Delly Delly is one punchable dude. If you are going to wear a boxers mouthguard people are going to want to punch you.

Delly.jpg

and Waldo....annoying

20160323_070719_waldo.jpg
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post

and Waldo....annoying

[ATTACH]8402[/ATTACH]
                          All true, but I hated him a little less when he took a shot to the mouth, picked up his tooth that got knocked out, threw it to the trainer on the sideline and ran back out onto the court to keep playing. That was pretty bad ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                            All true, but I hated him a little less when he took a shot to the mouth, picked up his tooth that got knocked out, threw it to the trainer on the sideline and ran back out onto the court to keep playing. That was pretty bad ass.
                            yeah that was hockey player shit

but I have to say given how annoying he was, I was not surprised he took a shot that knocked out a tooth
                            Last edited by Flystripper; 12-20-2017, 11:22 AM.
                            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                              You people are ruining this walk down cherished memories lane for those of who enjoy small town HS hoops in the intermountain west!
                              Ruining? I would say embracing.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                I missed last year's game at Moraga, but the year before four of us sat in folding chairs along the baseline. It was fun leaning back against the wall (we were close to one of the doors), but the missus pointed out the risk that the chair would slide out from under me, causing a loud bang and stopping the D-1 action in that tiny gym so I reluctantly put all four chair legs back on the floor.

You wouldn't have that trouble if you had bothered to sit in the pull out bleachers. Folding chairs are for rich people.

Comment

Working...
                                X