Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    You only worry about San Diego?

BYU is 3-8 the last 4 years against Pepperdine including 4 consecutive losses in Malibu.
    And what about Portland? Seems like we lose to Portland every year.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      And what about Portland? Seems like we lose to Portland every year.
      BYU has lost to Portland twice since joining the WCC. BYU's record against WCC foes since joining, including conference tourney games, is:

Santa Clara 13-1 .928
      San Francisco 12-1 .923
      Loyola Marymount 12-2 .857
      Portland 11-2 .846
      Pacific 6-2 .750
      San Diego 10-4 .714
      Pepperdine 7-5 .583
      Gonzaga 5-11 .312
      Saint Mary's 4-9 .307
      The first lost against Santa Clara was last year. Man, last year was such a sucky team.

Comment

BYU has lost to Portland twice since joining the WCC. BYU's record against WCC foes since joining, including conference tourney games, is:

Santa Clara 13-1 .928
        San Francisco 12-1 .923
        Portland 11-2 .846
        Pacific 6-2 .750
        San Diego 10-4 .714
        Pepperdine 7-5 .583
        Gonzaga 5-11 .312
        Saint Mary's 4-9 .307
        The first lost against Santa Clara was last year. Man, last year was such a sucky team.
        That's an embarrassing record against St. Mary's. We should be 50 50 with them.

Comment

Santa Clara 13-1 .928
          San Francisco 12-1 .923
          Portland 11-2 .846
          Pacific 6-2 .750
          San Diego 10-4 .714
          Pepperdine 7-5 .583
          Gonzaga 5-11 .312
          Saint Mary's 4-9 .307
          I’m a little surprised USF has only beat us once. We’ve had a close game or two with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            That's an embarrassing record against St. Mary's. We should be 50 50 with them.
            Fucking Mouthguard and where's waldo...I hate that team. St Mary's and Gonzaga are real rivalry games. Its not Ute level hate for me but the hate is real.
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
              Fucking Mouthguard and where's waldo...I hate that team. St Mary's and Gonzaga are real rivalry games. Its not Ute level hate for me but the hate is real.
              This! For some reason St. Mary's is my most unfavorite WCC team. Mouthguard and his lucky shot was one thing, the prolonged reaction on our court...grrrr!
              Last edited by originalsocal; 12-19-2017, 10:26 AM.

Comment

You only worry about San Diego?

BYU is 3-8 the last 4 years against Pepperdine including 4 consecutive losses in Malibu.
                BYU had 3 consecutive losses to Utah as well.

I think this BYU team is probably the best BYU team in the WCC. Saying that they are not world beaters and still full of young players. There are probably a bunch of games they might lose and in all likelihood they will once or twice. However, as I rate the games I think they should be the favored team in every game in WCC play except the Zags both times and at St Mary's. After those games the next toughest strike me as St Mary's at home and then at San Diego. If they take care of business as they should they will be fine.
                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
                  This! For some reason St. Mary's is my most unfavorite WCC team. Mouthguard and his lucky shot was one thing, the prolonged reaction on our court...grrrr!
                  I don't get the, what appears to me to be, manufactured St. Mary's hate. They are well coached, their coach isn't an asshole like Krystkowiak, and they play a brand of basketball I like. Their players are generally well-behaved and they have a tiny, tiny alumni base so it's not as if St. Mary's fans are up in your grill all the time.

Comment

I don't get the, what appears to me to be, manufactured St. Mary's hate. They are well coached, their coach isn't an asshole like Krystkowiak, and they play a brand of basketball I like. Their players are generally well-behaved and they have a tiny, tiny alumni base so it's not as if St. Mary's fans are up in your grill all the time.
                    I don't get it either.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Why do you think it is manufactured? Seems pretty genuine and fairly common within the BYU fanbase.

Comment

• They have had our number, which I am sure has more to do with it than anything. Couple that with it feeling like we should be better than they are but we are not. Mouthguard is, was, and always will be super annoying. Ditto for Waldo. Their coach is a HUUUUUGE whiner. Complains on every. single. call.
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                          They have had our number, which I am sure has more to do with it than anything. Couple that with it feeling like we should be better than they are but we are not. Mouthguard is, was, and always will be super annoying. Ditto for Waldo. Their coach is a HUUUUUGE whiner. Complains on every. single. call.
                          He is not as bad as Coach Kry. Sheesh, he never stops whining to the refs.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• The smc coach looks like the high talker from Seinfeld, which fits well with his whiney persona.

Comment

Uh, its because we keep losing to them. Not many people love teams that routinely beat them.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                                The smc coach looks like the high talker from Seinfeld, which fits well with his whiney persona.
                                I think he looks a lot like Stephen Graham from "This is England" (one of the best series and movies around, btw).

Comment

Working...
                                X