No announcement yet.

2017-2018 BYU hoops........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't worry, dudes. This guy is almost back!

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
      It sounds like he is gone.

Elijah Bryant will be medically retired. Mika goes pro. Nick Emery is not exactly developing the way we had hoped.

Well, the Dave Rose tenure should still end better than Roger Reid's.
      He is saying the right things for NBA scouts. He wants them to know he has the confidence to play in the NBA and he believes he is ready. But the reality is, if he gets a second round or undrafted grade, his ass will be back. He is expecting to go in to these workouts and do well, he thinks that will raise his stock. I am expecting him to go in to these workouts and be told he needs to develop more range, and learn to defend NBA 4s. He was absolutely abused against UT-Arlington.
      *Banned*

Comment

silver linings...
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Elijah Bryant will be medically retired. Mika goes pro. Nick Emery is not exactly developing the way we had hoped.

I'm hoping this turns out like your election and conference realignment predictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Crockett View Post
            Does this say anything about a possible negative team dynamic right now and doubt about prospects for the team to be better next year?
            Other players have done this in recent years and come back. Tyler Haws and Collinsworth both did it.

Comment

There is a date by when he must remove his name from consideration.
              And by putting his name in he can attend pre-draft camps and talk to NBA scouts and teams. If he hires an agent to coordinate this for him he loses his NCAA eligibility. Doing it without hiring an agent would indicate he's leaving his options open but wants to take advantage of what the NBA folks can tell him about his game and what he needs to work on. In these cases usually the college coach acts as his agent. Tyler Haws did this and as a result lost some weight to get quicker, as a result of the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                Tyler Haws did this and as a result lost some weight to get quicker, as a result of the advice.
                Any chance Dastrup could follow also declare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Elijah Bryant will be medically retired.
                  Mika goes pro. Nick Emery is not exactly developing the way we had hoped.

EB? Is that speculation or do you have inside information?

Mika? It seems unlikely if his draft grade doesn't improve or sky rocket. And that seems unlikely because he is not athletic by NBA standards.

Emery? Maybe he will retire too.

Rose would go down in flames if all those things happen.
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    Any chance Dastrup could follow also declare?

No, but Luke Worthington will.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Serious question, who makes the most layups in 30 seconds? Funk (not talking about his posts) or Worthington? I think they both miss a couple. It would
                      Be close

*Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                        Serious question, who makes the most layups in 30 seconds? Funk (not talking about his posts) or Worthington? I think they both miss a couple. It would
                        Be close

Funk. Quicker hands.

Comment

Be close...
                          I'd pay to attend and observe. I'd like to see Funk put one in and then run past Luke, as Luke did to Karnowski.
                          Last edited by PaloAltoCougar; 03-22-2017, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Be close

Reminds me of one of the halftime contests this past weekend at the NCAA games. They had a student from st Mary's and Arizona compete. 30 seconds to score as many points with layups worth 1, Free throws 2, 3-point 5, and half court 10. The St Mary's student went first. He made his first couple shots and went cold. Ended up with 11. The Arizona student was in the band. I figured he would easily cover the 11 points until he attempted his first layup. I can't remember seeing something so awkward and uncoordinated. He was lucky to hit the rim with his layups. Jump shots didn't come close. After 25 seconds by some miracle he had made 2 layups and had 2 points. Everyone figures it's over. He was able to dribble to the half court without tripping over his feet. He throws up a contorted shot that swishes in. 10 points. Wins by 1. Part of me thinks he was sandbagging the whole time.
                            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

And what becomes of the GHG? Is he cast aside like the red-headed stepchild??

A foundation built upon the sand, my friends.
                              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
                                Reminds me of one of the halftime contests this past weekend at the NCAA games. They had a student from st Mary's and Arizona compete. 30 seconds to score as many points with layups worth 1, Free throws 2, 3-point 5, and half court 10. The St Mary's student went first. He made his first couple shots and went cold. Ended up with 11. The Arizona student was in the band. I figured he would easily cover the 11 points until he attempted his first layup. I can't remember seeing something so awkward and uncoordinated. He was lucky to hit the rim with his layups. Jump shots didn't come close. After 25 seconds by some miracle he had made 2 layups and had 2 points. Everyone figures it's over. He was able to dribble to the half court without tripping over his feet. He throws up a contorted shot that swishes in. 10 points. Wins by 1. Part of me thinks he was sandbagging the whole time.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X