Clear All

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
    Someone on twitter said it was 2:1 BYU to Princeton fans
    Nice. I love that.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Lol @ the Ivy League.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
        I see a lot of BYU gear in the crowd. Are there more BYU fans than Princeton fans?
        Probably 60/40 Princeton. The side behind the benches was mostly byu, and the other side was mostly Princeton but had an upper level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
          Proonanly 40/60 BYU. The side behind the benches was mostly byu, and the other side was mostly Princeton but had an upper level.
          Princeton fans were commending BYU for its defense. I only listened and did not watch. What was your impression?
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
            Someone on twitter said it was 2:1 BYU to Princeton fans
            That someone is wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
              Princeton fans were commending BYU for its defense. I only listened and did not watch. What was your impression?
              72 possessions for Princeton, 56 points. According to how Pomeroy calculates this stuff that is very good defense. I also watched, and the D also passed the eyeball test. Few open shots for either team really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                Defense was actually good. Everyone was moving their feet well and taking away penetration much better than last year. Gave them too many open 3s but they closed our much better than last year. The big problem was not rebounding after forcing them into a contested 3.

Comment

• Didn't see any of it but glad they won. This won't be a great team, but they will be good...but mostly I just want them to be fun to watch. Last year was brutal. Looks like they mean to compete this year.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Lol @ the Ivy League.
                    My favorite ivy league student dynamic. Student arrives freshman year -> realizes they are in bottom part of the distribution -> reformulates life plan (the one carefully crafted for them by their parents) -> major in religion (usually NT studies) -> now s/he can spend next four years drunk -> downside, end up getting a job in economic consulting.

Comment

• drinking your way into a consulting gig at bcg doesn’t sound so bad.
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                        drinking your way into a consulting gig at bcg doesn’t sound so bad.
                        The ones that can't, go to law school. It all works out.

Comment

• Originally posted by pelagius View Post
                          The ones that can't, go to law school. It all works out.
                          agree. ranking imo:

hedge fund > pe > ib > mbb > accenture tier > biglaw > b4
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

My favorite ivy league student dynamic. Student arrives freshman year -> realizes they are in bottom part of the distribution -> reformulates life plan (the one carefully crafted for them by their parents) -> major in religion (usually NT studies) -> now s/he can spend next four years drunk -> downside, end up getting a job in economic consulting.
                            lol
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• I was especially pleased that they were able to win through good defense and FT shooting when nothing else was working right. I believe we were 25-27 from FT; I'm hoping this is back to being a strength for us as it seemed like our FT shooting kept letting us down the last two seasons.

After the Yoeli got tripled the first couple times down the floor, he seemed to stop working to get the ball in the post and the team stopped working to get it to him. Also, only one offensive RB So, some definite areas to improve but I think it was a great win and I'm very happy with it.

Comment

Ivy League is not the only place one's future plans are significantly altered when one discovers they are not nearly as capable as previously thought!
                                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
                                X