2017-2018 BYU hoops........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    If there end up being 3 top 50 teams and we beat all of them, then it doesn't matter the overall schedule is a little weak. By the way, did you see the St. Mary's schedule last year? It was a lot worse than this and it didn't hurt them because they were still really good and won their games. Now if we drop games to teams ranked outside the top 100, then that's another problem. And for the record, I prefer more challenging schedules.
    Not a lot of room for error on recent schedules. And too many errors in recent seasons.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Makes me wonder if BYU is going the old Utah route and scheduling some really soft schedules during teh down years to get the win/loss record in better shape. Wasn't it Utah about five years ago that had a schedule even worse than this one? Maybe Rose is trying to copy the Special K method of inflating records.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        Makes me wonder if BYU is going the old Utah route and scheduling some really soft schedules during teh down years to get the win/loss record in better shape. Wasn't it Utah about five years ago that had a schedule even worse than this one? Maybe Rose is trying to copy the Special K method of inflating records.
        3 teams were below 200 last year on this schedule. A traditional Utah weak schedule would have at least 6-8 of those on it. Still not great, but st Mary's had a weaker one than this last year and they did ok because they didn't lose.
        Last edited by BlueK; 07-15-2017, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• Watched the boys scrimmage again.

Andrus has slow feet. Great looking scorer but I worry about D.
          Nixon is getting people excited.
          Bryant is getting closer to healthy.
          KB can fly. Had a put back dunk that was gnarly.
          Dastrup needs to shoot better on the move.
          TJ is looking better.
          Jashire is a freak. Reminds me of Broadus.
          Worthington still misses lay-ups but is strong still and has gotten quicker/faster.
          Cannon can shoot but is a midget. Nice bench spark.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
            Watched the boys scrimmage again.

Andrus has slow feet. Great looking scorer but I worry about D.
            Nixon is getting people excited.
            Bryant is getting closer to healthy.
            KB can fly. Had a put back dunk that was gnarly.
            Dastrup needs to shoot better on the move.
            TJ is looking better.
            Jashire is a freak. Reminds me of Broadus.
            Worthington still misses lay-ups but is strong still and has gotten quicker/faster.
            Cannon can shoot but is a midget. Nice bench spark.
            Thanks for the update. As for Worthington increasing his quickness, do expect that to result in anything more than missing layups more quickly?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
              Thanks for the update. As for Worthington increasing his quickness, do expect that to result in anything more than missing layups more quickly?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              He is a nice physical presence. I keep thinking he can become an offensive threat because of his feet but his ability to score the ball isn't there yet.

Comment

• I'm looking forward to the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                  I'm looking forward to the season.
                  Nixon still looks good. Eli is playing. Jashire is making people better. Seljaas is an amazing shooter. Recruit from Wasatch Academy is GNARLY!

Comment

• I almost forgot, Child's is not the best dunker on the team.

Comment

Nixon still looks good. Eli is playing. Jashire is making people better. Seljaas is an amazing shooter. Recruit from Wasatch Academy is GNARLY!
                      who's the recruit from Wasatch Academy?
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

He is a nice physical presence. I keep thinking he can become an offensive threat because of his feet but his ability to score the ball isn't there yet.
                        Luke isn't an unknown. We have two full years from which to evaluate his performance. Hell, there's an entire thread dedicated to his "contributions" to the team. Great kid who is a big body who has an extremely limited basketball skill set.

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                          Luke isn't an unknown. We have two full years from which to evaluate his performance. Hell, there's an entire thread dedicated to his "contributions" to the team. Great kid who is a big body who has an extremely limited basketball skill set.
                          Where is that Luke W animated gif? Love that thing.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Comment

I almost forgot, Child's is not the best dunker on the team.
                              Then who is?
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• luke is the black lab of people
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X