2017-2018 BYU hoops........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
    Why begrudge the young man taking what is likely his best opportunity to live his dream? There are too many cons to staying a BYU. Risk of injury, lack of dedicated time to focus on your game. School work. What's more, if you are faced with ending up on a team of chuckers who don't play defence regardless your choice, better at age 23 to make a D-league roster. Whether he get's drafted or not, he will get invited to play on a teams summer league team, and his chances of making a D-league roster are very high. Additionally, if there is interest. He can head to Europe and have an adventure.
    His dream is to make the NBA. That won't happen in Europe. It befits the private descriptions of him being impatient, rude and difficult to get along with. He is making a mistake. Unless he goes D League he won't make it because he is a tweener with not enough length and not enough of a midrange shot. He would have had a better shot of making by staying one more year.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
      His dream is to make the NBA. That won't happen in Europe. It befits the private descriptions of him being impatient, rude and difficult to get along with. He is making a mistake. Unless he goes D League he won't make it because he is a tweener with not enough length and not enough of a midrange shot. He would have had a better shot of making by staying one more year.
      Staying another year doesn't help him at all. Now he is 24 with the same limitations mentioned above. He made the right decision for himself and to give him the best chance. I don't think he's an NBA caliber player, but I hope he proves me wrong. 6'8 with only a 29 inch vert doesn't impress me much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      *Banned*

Comment

• Mika is a big boy who has a lot of people he has consulted and I am sure he has made the decision that he thinks is best for him, which is all any of us can do. I have no doubt he understands the risks very well. I have nothing but good wishes for him but, now that he has left, I am not too concerned about him (unless he gets drafted by the Jazz).
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• If that stupid Canadian oaf Olynyk can be a rotation guy in the NBA then I think Mika can do it too. Maybe it is the right thing for his future in professional basketball to leave now -- just sucks for BYU fans.

Comment

And they are close family members to you. Got it.
            On the pygmy's side.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              Staying another year doesn't help him at all. Now he is 24 with the same limitations mentioned above. He made the right decision for himself and to give him the best chance. I don't think he's an NBA caliber player, but I hope he proves me wrong. 6'8 with only a 29 inch vert doesn't impress me much.

If those are his metrics, he has little to no hope. He is no longer a Coug, so it no longer matters. I would have thought he were taller and could leap better.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Summon Jordan Pendleton!
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

If those are his metrics, he has little to no hope. He is no longer a Coug, so it no longer matters. I would have thought he were taller and could leap better.
                  6'8 1/4 without shoes. 29 inch standing vert, only 32 running.

*Banned*

Comment

No wonder he was only semi-effective against taller teams this past year. Sure is destined to go unstaffed and end up only a small mark on the history of even just BYU basketball. At least his family is rich.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I wonder what Kurt Rambis could do back in the day. Basically, he can't play a 5 and isn't good enough to be a 4. Now way he plays the 3.

Comment

I wonder what Kurt Rambis could do back in the day. Basically, he can't play a 5 and isn't good enough to be a 4. Now way he plays the 3.
                        I knew Kurt Rambis back in the day. We were in high school at the same time, and I knew his dad, so I followed Kurt. He played for Cupertino and averaged around 30 points a game and a dozen rebounds. He was a stud. I also followed him when he played for Santa Clara. He was a stud there too. In the NBA, Rambis had a completely different role, but when it comes to Mika there is absolutely no comparison.
                        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                          I knew Kurt Rambis back in the day. We were in high school at the same time, and I knew his dad, so I followed Kurt. He played for Cupertino and averaged around 30 points a game and a dozen rebounds. He was a stud. I also followed him when he played for Santa Clara. He was a stud there too. In the NBA, Rambis had a completely different role, but when it comes to Mika there is absolutely no comparison.
                          Well for him to play in the NBA, Mika would need to become something he is not, a team player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                            Does Mika even need glasses?
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

Well for him to play in the NBA, Mika would need to become something he is not, a team player.
                              That's hogwash. He was a team player.

Comment

• I'm really curious to see how our recruiting is affected by our coaching changes. Terry was a great recruiter but so is our new assistant. They just recruit in different channels. Looks like there are exciting options on our immediate horizon.

Comment

Working...
                                X