2017-2018 BYU hoops........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    head salesman at the gap is the only other possibility? I understand wanting to get the head start and stuff, but the opportunity for lower level pro ball is still there after the college eligibility.
    Agreed, especially in Childs case. I hope there are people in his life who have the wherewithal to tell him his future at this point is not brighter than Mika's.

In the case of Mika, he wasn't getting any younger, and he wasn't going to improve his draft stock by staying in school. It was worth the risk that an NBA team was willing to take a chance on him late in the second round, and if not benefit from his life experience and jet off to Italy.

Childs would benefit from staying in school.
    Last edited by tooblue; 03-15-2018, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
      And comes the ad hominem ...
      Sorry, tooblue. You have a great day.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Child's is good friends with Kyle Kuzma. They may be taking money from the same agent.
        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
          It is better. Some of these overseas contracts are pretty good, enough to get a person a nice house (not a mansion) and have some left over to invest. That alone would attract me. It doesn't sound bad at all. At the very least you have a head start on on everyone and can choose to do what you love, not just what you will tolerate. Think of it--headstart on life or the head salesman at the Gap. These athletes are pretty lucky.

Side note: Money ruins everything that is pure, creative, and decent. Such is the state of sports in college.
          The head salesman at the GAP comment is racist. Kids not cut out for the NBA never needed college—and grad school—as much as they do now. And once they get the education, the world has never had more opportunities. This is as true for AA as whites at BYU. Everybody who thinks that these young athletes are only good for one thing, and therefor what colleges are giving them is worthlesss (and hence they are being abused) is racist. That includes the late Frank Deford. Legal secretaries earn more than pro basketball players in Europe.
          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
            The head salesman at the GAP comment is racist. Kids not cut out for the NBA never needed college—and grad school—as much as they do now. And once they get the education, the world has never had more opportunities. This is as true for AA as whites at BYU. Everybody who thinks that these young athletes are only good for one thing, and therefor what colleges are giving them is worthlesss (and hence they are being abused) is racist. That includes the late Frank Deford. Legal secretaries earn more than pro basketball players in Europe.
            Agreed. Kids obviously won't always do the wise thing, but we can hope.

Comment

You don't think the head of sales for The Gap has a degree? I'm willing to bet he gets paid more than most legal secretaries too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                You don't think the head of sales for The Gap has a degree? I'm willing to bet he gets paid more than most legal secretaries too.
                Experienced legal secretaries (or, assistants, as wel call them) make about $75,000 plus benefits in big law firms.That’s about what basketball players earn in Europe. Frankly, I think I’d want even more. I googled Gap sales salaries and they pay around $10 an hour. I doubt a college degree is a prerequisite. I didn’t see anything for “head of sales” per se. In any event, orignalsocal intended the reference to head of sales at GAP to be disparaging. My point is that they’re better off staying in college, unless they can get a contract in the NBA, which applies to 99% of the players.b. My point is truer now than ever before.
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Experienced legal secretaries (or, assistants, as wel call them) make about $75,000 plus benefits in big law firms.That’s about what basketball players earn in Europe. Frankly, I think I’d want even more. I googled Gap sales salaries and they pay around $10 an hour. I doubt a college degree is a prerequisite. I didn’t see anything for “head of sales” per se. In any event, orignalsocal intended the reference to head of sales at GAP to be disparaging. My point is that they’re better off staying in college, unless they can get a contract in the NBA, which applies to 99% of the players.b. My point is truer now than ever before.
                  I agree with you about the value of a college degree. But to insist that the post in question is racist is kind of funny.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

This is as true for AA as whites at BYU.
                    But I repeat myself.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      would be happy to have nashif back
                      I’m not letting him leave. I like him too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                        I’m not letting him leave. I like him too much.
                        It was an interesting experiment going with slow down ball and an emphasis on defense. But can't we go back to fun, lights out offense while still applying attention to defense? I think our teams during the Jimmer years and for a couple of years beyond were like that.

Comment

• Yoeli declaring for the draft but not signing an agent. Hopefully that means he'll be back

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                            Yoeli declaring for the draft but not signing an agent. Hopefully that means he'll be back
                            Wouldn't be surprising if Elijah did the same thing.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              Wouldn't be surprising if Elijah did the same thing.
                              Eli is more likely to not come back because he's graduating in a couple of weeks. But selfishly I hope he does come back for one more.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                                Eli is more likely to not come back because he's graduating in a couple of weeks. But selfishly I hope he does come back for one more.
                                And because of his injury history. Probably would want to start playing for money before he gets injured again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X