2017-2018 BYU hoops........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
    Childs looks/playing like he believes he is gone. Problem is he is not going to get drafted. His only chance is to stay in school and play at least one more season, but who in his life is going to be that honest with him?
    Lol. No, he isn't.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Lol. No, he isn't.
      https://www.sltrib.com/sports/byu-co...efore-leaving/

Comment

• Yeah, I am aware of that. He isn't playing poorly because he thinks he is gone.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Yeah, I am aware of that. He isn't playing poorly because he thinks he is gone.
          How many threes has he jacked up? ... and now just fouled out.

Comment

How many threes has he jacked up? ... and now just fouled out.
            TJ must be planning to go pro too. Ditto for Seljaas.

Comment

• Child’s isn’t playing in the nba either next year or any year after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Wow. Made it interesting at the end.

Oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Child’s isn’t playing in the nba either next year or any year after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  maybe not, but Mika last year and dozens of other players around the country these days prove every year that leaving early isn't only about going to the NBA. Some think the pro minor leagues are preferable to finishing college. It's a bad trend for the college game.
                  Last edited by BlueK; 03-14-2018, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...09530455756800

Schroyer gone to McNeese State. Maybe Seljaas will be able to hit a three again.

Comment

TJ must be planning to go pro too. Ditto for Seljaas.
                      :facepalm: A, yah great argument Jeff ... as if their play all season is somehow comparable to Childs ...

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                        maybe not, but Mika last year and dozens of other players around the country these days prove every year that leaving early isn't only about going to the NBA. Some think the pro minor leagues are preferable to finishing college. It's a bad trend for the college game.
                        It is better. Some of these overseas contracts are pretty good, enough to get a person a nice house (not a mansion) and have some left over to invest. That alone would attract me. It doesn't sound bad at all. At the very least you have a head start on on everyone and can choose to do what you love, not just what you will tolerate. Think of it--headstart on life or the head salesman at the Gap. These athletes are pretty lucky.

Side note: Money ruins everything that is pure, creative, and decent. Such is the state of sports in college.

Comment

:facepalm: A, yah great argument Jeff ... as if their play all season is somehow comparable to Childs ...

Ha. You are still crazy.

Comment

Ha. You are still crazy.
                            And comes the ad hominem ...

Comment

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
                              It is better. Some of these overseas contracts are pretty good, enough to get a person a nice house (not a mansion) and have some left over to invest. That alone would attract me. It doesn't sound bad at all. At the very least you have a head start on on everyone and can choose to do what you love, not just what you will tolerate. Think of it--headstart on life or the head salesman at the Gap. These athletes are pretty lucky.

Side note: Money ruins everything that is pure, creative, and decent. Such is the state of sports in college.
                              head salesman at the gap is the only other possibility? I understand wanting to get the head start and stuff, but the opportunity for lower level pro ball is still there after the college eligibility, ask Collinsworth.
                              Last edited by BlueK; 03-15-2018, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                                https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...09530455756800

Schroyer gone to McNeese State. Maybe Seljaas will be able to hit a three again.
                                would be happy to have nashif back
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X