2017-2018 BYU hoops........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    And because of his injury history. Probably would want to start playing for money before he gets injured again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    He's also old for a junior. Basically an RM age without serving a mission due to his prep school year and transfer redshirt.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

• can never begrudge a guy trying to get paid to play basketball during the very limited window in which it’s a possibility.
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        can never begrudge a guy trying to get paid to play basketball during the very limited window in which it’s a possibility.
        I don't begrudge him. It makes total sense for him to at least test the waters without an agent. I'd still like to see him back in the blue and white next season.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• He'll have a degree, so it's basically just choosing a job over grad school for him.

Yoeli should stay, short of having a really good idea that he's a first round pick where there is guaranteed money for 3 years and it's in the millions. I don't think leaving early to get $50-$75k a year in minor league pro ball without a degree is that great of a decision for most people.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
            He'll have a degree, so it's basically just choosing a job over grad school for him.

Yoeli should stay, short of having a really good idea that he's a first round pick where there is guaranteed money for 3 years and it's in the millions. I don't think leaving early to get $50-$75k a year in minor league pro ball without a degree is that great of a decision for most people.
            if i could make $75k playing basketball in latvia i would for sure do it. i bet most people would.

Comment

if i could make $75k playing basketball in latvia i would for sure do it. i bet most people would.
              A wannabe Big Baller? I can see that.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

but then if your knee blows out in your second year, you still don't have a degree and probably haven't saved very much money to pay your own way through the rest of college.

Comment

Really? You make that much in a month. You'd really waste your time in Latvia, or are you simply making a reference to the Balls in Lithuania or wherever else they are?
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                    Really? You make that much in a month. You'd really waste your time in Latvia, or are you simply making a reference to the Balls in Lithuania or wherever else they are?
                    if i could make a living playing basketball i would. unfortunately, the good lord made me much better at collating signature pages than playing basketball.

Comment

• Fortunately BYU doesn’t have a problem replacing talent. Maybe by the time they play in the 2019 Maui invitational they will have 15 white and delightsome tweeners from Utah Valley between 6’3” and 6’9” to catapult them into a route of Chaminade and BYU-Hawaii’s best intramural team.
                      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

if i could make a living playing basketball i would. unfortunately, the good lord made me much better at collating signature pages than playing basketball.
                        If I had to earn a living playing ball or being artistic, I'd be on food stamps or starved to death.
                        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                        X