Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: 2017-2018 BYU hoops........

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    Dalton Nixon gets brutally, intentionally fouled with an elbow that drops him and they call the foul on Nixon? WTF?
    It was clearly USD's strategy to play very physical defense. It made it a very difficult game to officiate, and the refs really struggled.
    Last edited by BlueK; 02-18-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Outsider looking in Blueintheface's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    The game sucked, but I'm glad BITF didn't suffer emotionally from it.
    Yes, I’m still checking the BYU basketball thread, JS.

I’m right here, errbody. I’ve got broad shoulders. They aren’t covered by a BYU shirt anymore, and JL will simply ask “who cares?”, but I’m here. FWIW, it still moves the needle the wrong way to see them struggle.

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Blueintheface View Post
    Yes, I’m still checking the BYU basketball thread, JS.

I’m right here, errbody. I’ve got broad shoulders. They aren’t covered by a BYU shirt anymore, and JL will simply ask “who cares?”, but I’m here. FWIW, it still moves the needle the wrong way to see them struggle.
    Blue String you may go sleep with your cow buddies. Nobody needs sheep loving cow buddy.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Blue String you may go sleep with your cow buddies. Nobody needs sheep loving cow buddy.
    Topper,

Are you ok?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Topper,

Are you ok?

#topperhumor
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

This might seem like an odd thing to post on a BYU sports-themed message board, but BYU beat Portland in a game of men's basketball last night.

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    This might seem like an odd thing to post on a BYU sports-themed message board, but BYU beat Portland in a game of men's basketball last night.

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    I was unable to listen or to watch. What were your impressions?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Ha, I didn't watch or listen either. But we won!
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Not bad. Pretty solid performance. Clinched the 3 seed for the tournament. It was definitely much better than in the last three games (USD, Pepperdine, USF). So yes, it was only Portland, but we've seen BYU play much worse against some similar competition in recent weeks. Interestingly, even with a comfortable lead throughout Rose only played 8 guys, and only 7 with significant minutes. Nixon in 29 minutes had I think around 15 points, shot very well and did a lot of other good things defensively and on the boards.

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

At the game. The energy level was at least a 2. My 15YO was bummed because the free WiFi sucked.

Weird moment after Yoeli airballed his 3 attempt he and Elijah got into in the timeout huddle. Yo obviously said something Rose was not happy with and spent the rest of the evening at the far end of the bench. Even when Portland made their little mini run, Rose never even looked Yo’s way. After the game Eli and Childs hugged it out, as if all was forgiven.

Also, a red-faced TJ Haws screamed "Shut the Eff Up!" to the Portland fans heckling him after he tweaked his ankle. As luck would have it, the broadcast switched to the camera three feet from TJ, which captured the meme-worthy moment for eternity. And yes, he said "eff".
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Also, a red-faced TJ Haws screamed "Shut the Eff Up!" to the Portland fans heckling him after he tweaked his ankle. As luck would have it, the broadcast switched to the camera three feet from TJ, which captured the meme-worthy moment for eternity. And yes, he said "eff".
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Obviously the ALUF crowd is going to be more upset about Haws saying that than the idea of a fan heckling an injury.

CS Institutional Memory Jarid in Cedar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Obviously the ALUF crowd is going to be more upset about Haws saying that than the idea of a fan heckling an injury.
    I am upset that he said "eff". If you want to curse. Man up and just say it.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Anti-Mormon Gadfly

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    It is pretty bad that he cannot even curse properly. I'll have to evaluate if it is more upsetting that his injury was mocked or if he said "eff" to the fans. If he had told the fans to "shut the fuck up," it would clearly be the fans that were worse.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    It is pretty bad that he cannot even curse properly. I'll have to evaluate if it is more upsetting that his injury was mocked or if he said "eff" to the fans. If he had told the fans to "shut the fuck up," it would clearly be the fans that were worse.
    We're joking. He did not say, "eff."

You can't be an ALUF because you're not active LDS. But I'm sure LA Ute is busy in the comment sections of a dozen articles playing the shocked and appalled card today though.
    Last edited by BlueK; Today at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    If he had cursed properly, the honor code office would have been inundated with Ute and Aggie fans reporting him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    If he had cursed properly, the honor code office would have been inundated with Ute and Aggie fans reporting him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    what makes you think they're not right now? Confidentiality until a ute reports it to the Trib.