Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1151

Thread: 2017-2018 BYU hoops........

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
    Any of you experts feel like we have a chance against the Zags? I know we play them tough away, but I can't remember a close game with them in Vegas.
    Not much of a chance. Might need another night of shooting 60+% to make it happen. I think I saw CougarStats/Indy Coug tweet that KenPom shows a 22% probability of a win.

I'm guessing Yoeli will not play nearly as efficiently as last night (3-3 from 3 - who would have thought?). The Zags are probably a deeper team and they won handily last night, so their top players probably got more bench/rest time than the Coug regulars.

Edit: Sorry, just realized you were asking the experts; please disregard my post.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Any of you experts feel like we have a chance against the Zags?
    Behold, Pelado has dreamed a dream; or, in other words he has seen a vision.

To help everyone get ready for the game tonight, here are some highlights from the last time BYU beat Gonzaga in March:

Edit: I love the expression on mini-Stockton's face when Jimmer rises up at the 51-second mark in the video.
    Last edited by Pelado; 03-06-2018 at 01:30 PM.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

The difference in talent, plus the fact BYU's top three played the entire game last night, makes me pessimistic. But I think after last night the team will be playing with more confidence than it has all year, and that can go a long way toward fueling an upset. I expect Dastrup to see a fair amount of action, as the Zags' front line will likely have BYU in foul trouble fairly early.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    To help everyone get ready for the game tonight, here are some highlights from the last time BYU beat Gonzaga in March:

Edit: I love the expression on mini-Stockton's face when Jimmer rises up at the 51-second mark in the video.
    Seeing Davies cheering late in the game from the Cougars' bench made me sad. What might have been. I also liked how with nearly every Jimmer three one could hear the Zag fans yelling, "Defense Bulldogs, Defense!" Not that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Doubtful, but who knows? I didn't think we had a prayer last night.
    Exactly. Logic would dictate "no," but then again we haven't seen the offensive execution or the defensive effort; particularly on rotations and helping the helper that we saw last night. TJ played a great game breaking down the defense and dumping off to Yo and Nixon for easy looks. I wouldn't bet on the Cougs but even great teams play tight this time of year when you punch them in the nose. Really excited to watch them play for something meaningful again.

Inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by HBCoug View Post
    Exactly. Logic would dictate "no," but then again we haven't seen the offensive execution or the defensive effort; particularly on rotations and helping the helper that we saw last night. TJ played a great game breaking down the defense and dumping off to Yo and Nixon for easy looks. I wouldn't bet on the Cougs but even great teams play tight this time of year when you punch them in the nose. Really excited to watch them play for something meaningful again.
    They have absolutely nothing to lose. May as well play loose.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

"Faith in the impossible is inoculation against nihilism." --Jordan Peterson. Go Cougs.

Any of you experts feel like we have a chance against the Zags? I know we play them tough away, but I can't remember a close game with them in Vegas.
    probably not. Tillie has become perhaps the best shooting big man in the country over the course of the season. they have so much balance and are on a roll. byu is fatigued. I see it as close to zero chance is it gets. but there is a reason they play the games!
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    probably not. Tillie has become perhaps the best shooting big man in the country over the course of the season. they have so much balance and are on a roll. byu is fatigued. I see it as close to zero chance is it gets. but there is a reason they play the games!
    Dude. Don’t be a friggin nihilist!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post

I think watching Jimmer play basketball is the best BYU sports memory I have.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    I have faith that Tillie will not continue making 100% of his 3 pt shots during the tournament as he has thus far. That's got to improve BYU's chances.

What's up with Jonathan Tavernari's accent? And is there anyone who regularly speaks on BYU basketball who makes less sense?

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    What's up with Jonathan Tavernari's accent? And is there anyone who regularly speaks on BYU basketball who makes less sense?
    Is it almost like he's from a foreign country? That sort of an accent?
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Is it almost like he's from a foreign country? That sort of an accent?
    I understand he's Brazilian. Also that he came to the US at least by the time he was in high school. And that he has a college education. You wouldn't guess any of those three listening to him.

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I think watching Jimmer play basketball is the best BYU sports memory I have.
    Jimmer might be my best sports memory. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    I wish I could have stayed awake for this.
    Me too. I caught the first half but went to bed. I’m getting old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Me too. I caught the first half but went to bed. I’m getting old
    Not cool, man. Save your sleep for boring movies and work.

The JL family watched the game together and had a great time. Lots of high fives and shouting.

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    I understand he's Brazilian. Also that he came to the US at least by the time he was in high school. And that he has a college education. You wouldn't guess any of those three listening to him.
    Do you speak any foreign languages?

anybody who did not finish that game is a grade a puss and should be ashamed of themselves.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    anybody who did not finish that game is a grade a puss and should be ashamed of themselves.

^This (not) Bud's for you, old_gregg.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    Went to bed a 1 AM and got up early to work

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post

that’s because you, my friend, are not a cuck

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post

Went to bed at 230 because I had to finish some work after the game. Got up at 6 for work. It is a badge of honor to he exhausted today because that game was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post

Went to bed at 230 because I had to finish some work after the game. Got up at 6 for work. It is a badge of honor to he exhausted today because that game was amazing.
    Yep. I've been on the east coast since early January, and I think that was the first game I've watched this calendar year. I paid for it today, but it was great to watch that win.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

I’m in Vegas for a 2-hour layover. It’s killing me that I’m so close to the game and cannot watch it in person.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Interviews tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    I’m in Vegas for a 2-hour layover. It’s killing me that I’m so close to the game and cannot watch it in person.
    $50 for a room. you can afford the flight change fee and 12 hour difference. get there!

Tillie really needs to miss.