2017-2018 BYU hoops........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
    Any of you experts feel like we have a chance against the Zags? I know we play them tough away, but I can't remember a close game with them in Vegas.
    Not much of a chance. Might need another night of shooting 60+% to make it happen. I think I saw CougarStats/Indy Coug tweet that KenPom shows a 22% probability of a win.

I'm guessing Yoeli will not play nearly as efficiently as last night (3-3 from 3 - who would have thought?). The Zags are probably a deeper team and they won handily last night, so their top players probably got more bench/rest time than the Coug regulars.

Edit: Sorry, just realized you were asking the experts; please disregard my post.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Any of you experts feel like we have a chance against the Zags?
      Behold, Pelado has dreamed a dream; or, in other words he has seen a vision.

Comment

• To help everyone get ready for the game tonight, here are some highlights from the last time BYU beat Gonzaga in March:

Edit: I love the expression on mini-Stockton's face when Jimmer rises up at the 51-second mark in the video.
        Last edited by Pelado; 03-06-2018, 01:30 PM.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• The difference in talent, plus the fact BYU's top three played the entire game last night, makes me pessimistic. But I think after last night the team will be playing with more confidence than it has all year, and that can go a long way toward fueling an upset. I expect Dastrup to see a fair amount of action, as the Zags' front line will likely have BYU in foul trouble fairly early.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            To help everyone get ready for the game tonight, here are some highlights from the last time BYU beat Gonzaga in March:

Edit: I love the expression on mini-Stockton's face when Jimmer rises up at the 51-second mark in the video.
            Seeing Davies cheering late in the game from the Cougars' bench made me sad. What might have been. I also liked how with nearly every Jimmer three one could hear the Zag fans yelling, "Defense Bulldogs, Defense!" Not that night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Doubtful, but who knows? I didn't think we had a prayer last night.
              Exactly. Logic would dictate "no," but then again we haven't seen the offensive execution or the defensive effort; particularly on rotations and helping the helper that we saw last night. TJ played a great game breaking down the defense and dumping off to Yo and Nixon for easy looks. I wouldn't bet on the Cougs but even great teams play tight this time of year when you punch them in the nose. Really excited to watch them play for something meaningful again.

Comment

• Inspiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                  Exactly. Logic would dictate "no," but then again we haven't seen the offensive execution or the defensive effort; particularly on rotations and helping the helper that we saw last night. TJ played a great game breaking down the defense and dumping off to Yo and Nixon for easy looks. I wouldn't bet on the Cougs but even great teams play tight this time of year when you punch them in the nose. Really excited to watch them play for something meaningful again.
                  They have absolutely nothing to lose. May as well play loose.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• "Faith in the impossible is inoculation against nihilism." --Jordan Peterson. Go Cougs.

Comment

Any of you experts feel like we have a chance against the Zags? I know we play them tough away, but I can't remember a close game with them in Vegas.
                      probably not. Tillie has become perhaps the best shooting big man in the country over the course of the season. they have so much balance and are on a roll. byu is fatigued. I see it as close to zero chance is it gets. but there is a reason they play the games!
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                        probably not. Tillie has become perhaps the best shooting big man in the country over the course of the season. they have so much balance and are on a roll. byu is fatigued. I see it as close to zero chance is it gets. but there is a reason they play the games!
                        Dude. Don’t be a friggin nihilist!
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          To help everyone get ready for the game tonight, here are some highlights from the last time BYU beat Gonzaga in March:

I think watching Jimmer play basketball is the best BYU sports memory I have.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            I have faith that Tillie will not continue making 100% of his 3 pt shots during the tournament as he has thus far. That's got to improve BYU's chances.

Comment

• What's up with Jonathan Tavernari's accent? And is there anyone who regularly speaks on BYU basketball who makes less sense?

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                                What's up with Jonathan Tavernari's accent? And is there anyone who regularly speaks on BYU basketball who makes less sense?
                                Is it almost like he's from a foreign country? That sort of an accent?
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X