Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 552

Thread: 2017-2018 BYU hoops........

  1. #211
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    8,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    If there end up being 3 top 50 teams and we beat all of them, then it doesn't matter the overall schedule is a little weak. By the way, did you see the St. Mary's schedule last year? It was a lot worse than this and it didn't hurt them because they were still really good and won their games. Now if we drop games to teams ranked outside the top 100, then that's another problem. And for the record, I prefer more challenging schedules.
    Not a lot of room for error on recent schedules. And too many errors in recent seasons.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  2. #212
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    19,654

    Default

    Makes me wonder if BYU is going the old Utah route and scheduling some really soft schedules during teh down years to get the win/loss record in better shape. Wasn't it Utah about five years ago that had a schedule even worse than this one? Maybe Rose is trying to copy the Special K method of inflating records.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  3. #213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Makes me wonder if BYU is going the old Utah route and scheduling some really soft schedules during teh down years to get the win/loss record in better shape. Wasn't it Utah about five years ago that had a schedule even worse than this one? Maybe Rose is trying to copy the Special K method of inflating records.
    3 teams were below 200 last year on this schedule. A traditional Utah weak schedule would have at least 6-8 of those on it. Still not great, but st Mary's had a weaker one than this last year and they did ok because they didn't lose.
    Last edited by BlueK; 07-15-2017 at 02:34 AM.

  4. #214
    a.k.a. K-dog KillerDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    4,035

    Default

    Watched the boys scrimmage again.

    Andrus has slow feet. Great looking scorer but I worry about D.
    Nixon is getting people excited.
    Bryant is getting closer to healthy.
    KB can fly. Had a put back dunk that was gnarly.
    Dastrup needs to shoot better on the move.
    TJ is looking better.
    Jashire is a freak. Reminds me of Broadus.
    Worthington still misses lay-ups but is strong still and has gotten quicker/faster.
    Cannon can shoot but is a midget. Nice bench spark.

  5. #215
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    8,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDog View Post
    Watched the boys scrimmage again.

    Andrus has slow feet. Great looking scorer but I worry about D.
    Nixon is getting people excited.
    Bryant is getting closer to healthy.
    KB can fly. Had a put back dunk that was gnarly.
    Dastrup needs to shoot better on the move.
    TJ is looking better.
    Jashire is a freak. Reminds me of Broadus.
    Worthington still misses lay-ups but is strong still and has gotten quicker/faster.
    Cannon can shoot but is a midget. Nice bench spark.
    Thanks for the update. As for Worthington increasing his quickness, do expect that to result in anything more than missing layups more quickly?

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  6. #216
    a.k.a. K-dog KillerDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    4,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Thanks for the update. As for Worthington increasing his quickness, do expect that to result in anything more than missing layups more quickly?

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    He is a nice physical presence. I keep thinking he can become an offensive threat because of his feet but his ability to score the ball isn't there yet.

  7. #217

    Default

    I'm looking forward to the season.

  8. #218
    a.k.a. K-dog KillerDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    4,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    I'm looking forward to the season.
    Nixon still looks good. Eli is playing. Jashire is making people better. Seljaas is an amazing shooter. Recruit from Wasatch Academy is GNARLY!

  9. #219
    a.k.a. K-dog KillerDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    4,035

    Default

    I almost forgot, Child's is not the best dunker on the team.

  10. #220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDog View Post
    Nixon still looks good. Eli is playing. Jashire is making people better. Seljaas is an amazing shooter. Recruit from Wasatch Academy is GNARLY!
    who's the recruit from Wasatch Academy?
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

  11. #221
    Peanut Gallery Asshat HBCoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDog View Post
    He is a nice physical presence. I keep thinking he can become an offensive threat because of his feet but his ability to score the ball isn't there yet.
    Luke isn't an unknown. We have two full years from which to evaluate his performance. Hell, there's an entire thread dedicated to his "contributions" to the team. Great kid who is a big body who has an extremely limited basketball skill set.

  12. #222
    Trump-hating snowflake Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    44,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HBCoug View Post
    Luke isn't an unknown. We have two full years from which to evaluate his performance. Hell, there's an entire thread dedicated to his "contributions" to the team. Great kid who is a big body who has an extremely limited basketball skill set.
    Where is that Luke W animated gif? Love that thing.
    "Socialism is not bad IMHO" - byu71
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

  13. #223

  14. #224
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    10,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDog View Post
    I almost forgot, Child's is not the best dunker on the team.
    Then who is?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  15. #225

    Default

    luke is the black lab of people
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  16. #226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Then who is?
    Kajon Brown?

  17. #227
    Huge Member BigPiney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    4,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDog View Post
    I almost forgot, Child's is not the best dunker on the team.
    https://twitter.com/rtmccombs/status/897936748747005953

    Still, he does a nice job.

  18. #228
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    10,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    luke is the black lab of people
    People like black labs, because they are goofy, clumsy, eat too much and love everybody. Is that your take on Luke?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  19. #229
    a.k.a. K-dog KillerDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    4,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Kajon Brown?
    KB is for certain.

  20. #230
    a.k.a. K-dog KillerDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    4,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    who's the recruit from Wasatch Academy?
    I didn't catch his name.

  21. #231
    Royal Rooter Green Monstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Up from third base to Huntington
    Posts
    9,310

    Default

    Nixon seems to be a man on a mission to prove he belongs. I saw a picture of him with his shirt off on twitter that would cause Moliere to question his devotion to a shirtless Beau Tanner.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

    "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

  22. #232
    Senior Member Goatnapper'96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    God's Country!
    Posts
    9,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDog View Post
    Nixon still looks good. Eli is playing. Jashire is making people better. Seljaas is an amazing shooter. Recruit from Wasatch Academy is GNARLY!
    I hope both Jashire and Seljaas start along with TJ Haws at the 2. Bring Bryant and Emery off the bench. Yoeli and Dastrup start with Andrus and Shaw and perhaps Nixon coming off the bench.

    So my hopes and dreams are only based upon a totally unfounded hope that Jashire is actually good and that Dastrup takes an enormous jump in performance.

    It also assumes that Elijah Bryant will never be what we hoped, thought and heard he would be so it ain't all rainbows and unicorns, sunshine!
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

    I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

  23. #233
    Royal Rooter Green Monstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Up from third base to Huntington
    Posts
    9,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    I hope both Jashire and Seljaas start along with TJ Haws at the 2. Bring Bryant and Emery off the bench. Yoeli and Dastrup start with Andrus and Shaw and perhaps Nixon coming off the bench.

    So my hopes and dreams are only based upon a totally unfounded hope that Jashire is actually good and that Dastrup takes an enormous jump in performance.

    It also assumes that Elijah Bryant will never be what we hoped, thought and heard he would be so it ain't all rainbows and unicorns, sunshine!
    If Andrus gets significant PT this season, then I feel we're in for a pretty long basketball season.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

    "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

  24. #234
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    10,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    I hope both Jashire and Seljaas start along with TJ Haws at the 2. Bring Bryant and Emery off the bench. Yoeli and Dastrup start with Andrus and Shaw and perhaps Nixon coming off the bench.

    So my hopes and dreams are only based upon a totally unfounded hope that Jashire is actually good and that Dastrup takes an enormous jump in performance.

    It also assumes that Elijah Bryant will never be what we hoped, thought and heard he would be so it ain't all rainbows and unicorns, sunshine!
    So do both Goat and Moliere have mancrushes on Jashire and Seljaas?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  25. #235
    a.k.a. K-dog KillerDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    4,035

    Default

    Basically the entire team was at the football game. Good to see them.

  26. #236

    Default

    Wasatch Academy has some big time players. They have a sophomore from Mali who is already 6'10 Mady Sissoko, along with a 6'9 kid from Brazil named Bernardo DaSilva both of them stay with a family in Alpine who are huge BYU supporters and they both have interest in BYU. Probably a better shot at Sissoko as Bernardo already has 20+ offers.
    *Banned*

  27. #237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Wasatch Academy has some big time players. They have a sophomore from Mali who is already 6'10 Mady Sissoko, along with a 6'9 kid from Brazil named Bernardo DaSilva both of them stay with a family in Alpine who are huge BYU supporters and they both have interest in BYU. Probably a better shot at Sissoko as Bernardo already has 20+ offers.
    damn. they know how to recruit down there. just keep reloading. I remember when I thought it was amazing they could get a kid as good as guard up at USU.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

  28. #238

    Default

    I think if Dastrup has worked himself in the off-season into a serviceable player then we're going to be pretty good.

  29. #239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    I think if Dastrup has worked himself in the off-season into a serviceable player then we're going to be pretty good.
    Dastrup has lost a lot of weight. He also wears short shorts and his garments hang out. Not a good look.
    *Banned*

  30. #240
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    10,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Dastrup has lost a lot of weight. He also wears short shorts and his garments hang out. Not a good look.
    He's wearing his garments under his basketball uniform?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •