No announcement yet.

2017-2018 BYU hoops........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois State's issue wasn't entirely BYU's awesome defense in the 1st half. They were missing some open shots. Reminded me a little of BYU versus UT-Arlington - where one team can't miss and the other can't hit the side of the barn to start the game. In the second half, ILL St began hitting some open shots and was more aggressive on defense - and fought their way back into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
      Illinois State's issue wasn't entirely BYU's awesome defense in the 1st half. They were missing some open shots. Reminded me a little of BYU versus UT-Arlington - where one team can't miss and the other can't hit the side of the barn to start the game. In the second half, ILL St began hitting some open shots and was more aggressive on defense - and fought their way back into it.
      That game really reminded me of a lot of the games BYU played when it had those good teams from Rose's 2nd year until Jimmer graduated. BYU would routinely get big leads and then teams would crawl back to some extent. But at the same time you knew the outcome was not in doubt.

I would really like to see Dastrup earn a consistent role in the rotation but it appears that his playing time will be driven by matchup needs. With McKay Cannon "The Pride of the Shelley Russets" (MCTPOTSR) looking like he might legitimately be more than a glorified Craig Cusick BYU is actually getting some legitimate depth. TJ looked better yesterday so lets hope he is starting to find himself, now the only one wandering alone is Seljaas. So dear to the heart of the sports fan, lets go find him!
      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
      -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
        Lol. You are even more of a negative nancy than I am.

Good defenses, which we are new to, have lapses during games. Two Top 5 teams went down last night. It happens.

We did still win.
        Glad that I am better than you at something.
        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
          now the only one wandering alone is Seljaas. So dear to the heart of the sports fan, lets go find him!
          He did look awful. I keep wondering when the real Zac shows up, because this imposter is not so fun to watch.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Elijah Bryant is a pretty good player when not hobbled by injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
              He did look awful. I keep wondering when the real Zac shows up, because this imposter is not so fun to watch.
              Seljaas is shooting 36% from deep considering he is only a soph, playing in a brand new offense (shooting from different spots now) and fresh off a mission. That's not a bad number. The problem is we remember the 50% he shot as a freshman.
              *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                Seljaas is shooting 36% from deep considering he is only a soph, playing in a brand new offense (shooting from different spots now) and fresh off a mission. That's not a bad number. The problem is we remember the 50% he shot as a freshman.
                That's fair. By the middle of his freshman season, pretty much every time he released the ball, I expected it to go through the hoop.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  That's fair. By the middle of his freshman season, pretty much every time he released the ball, I expected it to go through the hoop.
                  His shot sure is ugly, though, right GM?
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                    Elijah Bryant is a pretty good player when not hobbled by injury.
                    Last night he was very Collinsworth-esque, flirting with a triple double and driving hard and fast to the basket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                      Last night he was very Collinsworth-esque, flirting with a triple double and driving hard and fast to the basket.
                      He's so strong. He could go down as one of the greats. Too bad he's surrounded with such mediocrity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        His shot sure is ugly, though, right GM?
                        He’s just goofy looking. But his shot is a’ight.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Seljaas seems to have located Collinsworth's barber.
                          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                            Seljaas seems to have located Collinsworth's barber.
                            And his 3-point shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                              And his 3-point shot.

Comment

• How did Brekott Chapman end up at Weber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X