2017-2018 BYU hoops........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be at the game tonight?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      Who will be at the game tonight?
      not me
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        not me
        Surprising.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          Who will be at the game tonight?
          I'll be there. Just what the Doctor ordered to make an otherwise crappy day into a Great Day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
            I'll be there. Just what the Doctor ordered to make an otherwise crappy day into a Great Day!
            Hope you enjoyed the game.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• It's nice to play a team with worse defense than BYU.
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                It's nice to play a team with worse defense than BYU.
                So you're not a fan of Pomeroy's methods?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                  So you're not a fan of Pomeroy's methods?
                  Did you watch the game and did you notice BYU's field goal percentage?

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                    Did you watch the game and did you notice BYU's field goal percentage?
                    So this is actually your passive-aggressive swipe at the offense. Understood. Well, Pomeroy still has us #91 on offense, so his system wasn't impressed either even with BYU shooting 58%.

Comment

• I will say that while it seems Schroyer has really helped the defense come back to respectability, I'm starting to wonder if his philosophy is not somehow holding down the offense. #91 in efficiency for the season just seems a lot lower than it should be. Then again, maybe it's just inexperienced players still learning how to be good at both at the same time.

Comment

• There were a few encouraging aspects about the game last night (in addition to the win). First, they seemed to have a lot more action off of the screens near the 3-point line. Often, it has seemed as though the screens serve no purpose - the screen is set, the ball handler chooses whether or not to use the screen, then they hand the ball off to someone else coming around the perimeter. Last night, they seemed to use the screen to occupy both defenders at the arc while the screener rolled to the basket, receiving the ball and either scoring or dumping it off to someone at the basket when the backside help defender came over.

Second, there seemed to be a lot less hesitancy to shoot for both TJ and Seljaas - even after a few misses. They both need to be willing and ready to take (and make) open shots from distance.

There is still a lot of progress to be made. For example, Yoeli should not be shooting from 3 with lots of time on the clock. Probably not even with little time on the clock. Also, there was some pretty suspect defensive play - especially in the first half. I thought the officials did a pretty good job overall, though there were a few calls that seemed borderline - one on Hardnett and another I think on Dastrup. I probably just didn't have good enough camera angles to see what caused the fouls to be called.
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                          I will say that while it seems Schroyer has really helped the defense come back to respectability, I'm starting to wonder if his philosophy is not somehow holding down the offense. #91 in efficiency for the season just seems a lot lower than it should be. Then again, maybe it's just inexperienced players still learning how to be good at both at the same time.
                          That efficiency is mostly tied to rebounding, or lack of offensive rebounding, and turnovers. Those factors are holding the efficiency down. And they make sense, if you lose offensive opportunities by turn over the ball, you'll be less efficient. If you can get offensive rebounds, you'll lose offensive opportunities.

Comment

• Neither San Francisco's record this season (14-12) nor its performance in conference (6-7) should be much cause for concern. They have, however, shown capable of beating at least one good team - Nevada (currently top 15 in RPI). They average only 68.3 points per game and allow 67.8. In their first tussle with the Cougs this season, the Dons gave up just over their average and scored below average, losing 69-59.

Who's going to be there in person to rise and shout?
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• San Fran forcing lots of turnovers and offensive fouls. Guys need to pull their heads out and be under control with their bodies and passing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X